Possible To Have Mri Done On Samui?

i thought for sure that either bkk samui or nathon would be able to do this but my friend who needs his knee looked at said that the staff at his hotel said not on samui.

if not bkk samui or nathon, would surat be the closest place for this?

thanks for all the replies. i've suggested he make the trip out to surat for the scan.

I can confirm MRi is definately unavailable on Samui, as i myself required one in February, and tried all the top island hospitals...all you can get here is x ray, which would be unsuitable for anything other than bone scans..I was advised to travel to Bangkok...may be easier unless you have assistance with the communication barrier likely to be found at Surrat

Best of luck

• 3 weeks later...

No MRI on Samui.

Had one a couple of years ago in Bangkok 13000 baht plus the traveling.

Had one in Suratthani Hospital a couple of months ago (just a few hundred metres past the Thaksin Hospital on the same road) 8000 baht. I think its a new department and new machine so very clean polite and friendly, in and out in less than an hour complete with diagnosis. You ring and book first. My Doctor at Bangkok Samui gave me all the contact details, smooth as silk.

Edited by Moouan

thanks for all the replies. i've suggested he make the trip out to surat for the scan.

I can confirm MRi is definately unavailable on Samui, as i myself required one in February, and tried all the top island hospitals...all you can get here is x ray, which would be unsuitable for anything other than bone scans..I was advised to travel to Bangkok...may be easier unless you have assistance with the communication barrier likely to be found at Surrat

Best of luck

i had a cat scan done at bsh which is a form of xray but it gave me clear pictures of my heart and lungs.