Alternative Medicine Center Up Soon

Interesting.

Thai traditional medicine is ..... according to Wikipedia .... "Thai Traditional Medicine (TTM) is the name given to methods and practices that have been handed down from monks and incorporate local knowledge of herbs. In Thailand, a century ago it was 'outlawed as quackery' in favour of western medicine. It is now making a comeback."

Anyone any further ideas? Suspect it won't get many Farangs in there, but I would imagine many Thais would be keen to be treated by these more traditional methods?:unsure:

Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine

Because there is 2 specified, the Thai traditional would only include treatments which have been shown to be effective. The alternative medicine will be treatments will be those which fall out of being shown to be effective. In the event anyone doubts this they only have to ask themself one question. What is an alternative medicine that is found to be effective called? The answer is medicine.

Interesting.

Thai traditional medicine is ..... according to Wikipedia .... "Thai Traditional Medicine (TTM) is the name given to methods and practices that have been handed down from monks and incorporate local knowledge of herbs. In Thailand, a century ago it was 'outlawed as quackery' in favour of western medicine. It is now making a comeback."

Anyone any further ideas? Suspect it won't get many Farangs in there, but I would imagine many Thais would be keen to be treated by these more traditional methods?:unsure:

Actually most Thais now seem to shun TTM and go for all kind of western pills if ever possible. I found it to be rather difficult finding doctors to treat me in that way, it was easier finding chinese doctors (TCM). Some of the medicins are available also here on Samui, but seem to be produced and more widely available in the north.