Premium Economy From Bkk To Us Cities

Xangsamhua

EVA ......... google 'em!

Thank you. It looks like I'd have to fly to Taipei and connect the flight there for Premium Economy.

May be well worth it. I've flown EVA Elite before and they are quite OK. The price from Taipei to LAX looks quite good, too.

Yes, as above. Thai airlines have a nonstop flight from BKK to LAX. A bit more expensive than the other airlines mentioned.

Couldn't get a price online for Premium Economy BKK to LAX for Thai. Looking in other threads on this forum people seemed to speak only of premium economy from LAX to BKK.

Yes, as above. Thai airlines have a nonstop flight from BKK to LAX. A bit more expensive than the other airlines mentioned.

Couldn't get a price online for Premium Economy BKK to LAX for Thai. Looking in other threads on this forum people seemed to speak only of premium economy from LAX to BKK.

I just looked on the TG site and 72,000 Baht return. Out 21/9 back 26/10 they are just dummy dates I put in.

I just looked on the TG site and 72,000 Baht return. Out 21/9 back 26/10 they are just dummy dates I put in.

Ah yes, I see. I must have clicked on the 53K spot. Thank you.

:whistling:

United Airlines from BKK to San Francisco via Narita. May be plane change required but only about an hour or so stop in Narita.

I flew BKK-Narita-San Francico and then on to Boston via connection in July.

I flew economy, but they were promoting their premium Economy seating on that route, for a upgrade fee.

Also they were promoting what they called increased legroom seating in the Economy back-of-the-aircraft seating (the cheapest fare seating)as an upgrade option also available for a fee. Promised an extra 5 inches of leg/knee room for that upgrade fee.

You could choose either premium Economy seats or their extra legroom sitting at check-in in BKK, but ONLY if seats were available when you checked in.

I believe premium Economy was also available when you booked your flight, but as I recall the extra legroom seating option was only availabe at check-in because it depended on the type of aircraft since they had to physically slide the seats forward and not all aicraft had adjustable seats with that capability.

I don't remember what the upgrade fees were, because I didn't choose either one. I just remember announcements make at check-in by United personel at check-in both in BKK and San Francisco trying to sell this seating.

:rolleyes:

I can also recommend EVA. I always fly with them. Recently I just booked my Xmas return home flight BKK-SFO Premium Economy 48,235 baht...

Their Premium Economy is more than just just a Economy seat with 5-6 inches of leg room.

A couple tricks

EVA lets you pick your seats on their website... From your flight number you can determine what model of plane you will fly - Then go to this website and figure out the best seat to choose

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva_Airways/Eva_Airways_Boeing_777-300.php

When you are returning to BKK the long Pacific flight from the US laysover in Taipei... In the airport where all the duty free stores are there is an upper level (near to the EVA Lounge) - Up there is a pay for use lounge that anyone can use. Its about $30 US - This lounge has free light food, drinks, internet, newspapers and TV - But the most important thing is they have spotless private SHOWERS!!!... They give you a wonderful towel kit - This is a great relief after the 10 hours across the Pacific...

Edited by sfokevin

United Airlines has premium economy class and flies into Chicago

United does the same for its direct flight Bangkok to Washington DC. United/Continental Frequent Flyer members can select/reserve their seats in advance with no fee and United parcels out what is left over to others at check-in.

Looks like there are some good options. Thank you.

I need to get to Columbus, Ohio, so I guess I'll be taking a domestic flight from one of the international points of entry. It looks like I could fly to LAX direct from BKK, or to SFO or LAX from Taipei, Portland via Japan, DC direct from BKK or Chicago with United.

Are any ports to be recommended as a port of entry, or any to be avoided? I have the impression that LAX is not too friendly.

I flew EVA Elite/business in May 2011 roundtrip from LAX to BKK, short stopover in Taipei. Didn't really matter which seat I got. Seats are 2 4 2 across the airplane. Really aren't any bad seats. Foot recliner was not quite as good as I expected, but the seats were more roomy for sure. For a few hundred dollars more they were worth it, compared to coach. I paid $1520 USD and only booked two days in advance. Low season no doubt helped that. My butt and back definitely felt better than the standard coach seats. This was my 11th trip to the LOS.

United airlines does not have Premium Economy seating. United has Economy + which is just a standard economy seat with greater seat pitch (more leg room.)

True Premium Economy (like what EVA and THAI offer) includes both greater seat pitch and a wider seat.

I haven't flown EVA, but for sure if you want some elbow room, go for the THAI flight to LAX. It is known as the best Premium Economy in the air, with 42" seat pitch. Definitely better than typical domestic first class seating in the USA.

As for port of entry, I've only been doing LAX in recent years because of the THAI flight. LAX can get busy at times, if you are unlucky enough to be the last among a group of flights arriving near the same time. But I can't say they strike me any different as far as friendliness goes.

Edited by Sam Drucker