Restuarant Manager

Hello,

As I will be buying a restaurant pretty soon I was just wondering if people could recommend software for handling cash, stock, suppliers, tax etc etc. ANyone ever use the Restaurant Manager by Accusoft that I have seen in Pantip. Or can you recommend other software? Any advice is welcome...........thanks

Guest IT Manager

Hi Mr O'Reilly,

First TiT, ergo it has to be very simple and very accurate. The best around is probably some of the stuff from Fidelio. Reporting and history is very good, but it is expensive.

Probably better to use a handwritten process transferred into a database for reporting that even your staff can't screw up, no matter how hard they try.

Will try to have some info in hand next Saturday.

IT

• 1 month later...

Just to throw in my two cents. I am unfamiliar with what systems will work when translated into Thai. However I worked in the industry for many years and have found the best POS to be MICROS. The system is fairly limited in regards to inventory but a quick spreadsheet and the cost reports form the system will balance your cost no problem. Just FYI, Micros does cover labor coss and projections in its reports.

hello,

I think you need to specify a little bit more what you are looking for.

If you need business planning see reply above.

If you need a cash register as a standalone machine indeed Micros is the best solution although very expensive.

If you need Hotel management software indeed fidelio is the best but it also the most expensive.

if you need a pos solution on pc i suggest you look at http://www.pixelpointpos.com/index.htm which is a pos cash register including stock seating ect...

if you need specialized accounting (backoffice software) i suggest you look at different accounting packages like exact, quickbooks, ect.

b

Check out Billpro

http://www.abcs-international.com/description.htm

Have this package installed in a very busy Pattaya place and works very nicely.

Intuitive to use, took only a couple of days to train the Thai staff how to use it...

It is basically a POS (Point Of Sale) program but it is open software, meaning anything created (stock, salesreports, ....) can be exported to any other program like Excel, quickbooks etc.

Can use it on a dirt cheap system (regular monitor, mouse control, regular printer)

or go all the way with thouch screen, ticket printer and the works...

Tested in Thailand and found very satisfactory (not a small feat with it being used by basically lowly educated Thai staff)