Silver Wire For Jewelry Making, Where To Buy?

MangoAndCo

So far I am ordering silver wire from the US, which is ridiculous, because Thailand (Asia in general) has enough silver to offer. But I haven't seen it at the usual places, Chatuchak, Sampeng Lane, Khao San...

At least 92,5 % silver, half hard, round.

Anyone any ideas where to find it? Asian online shops are welcome too.

PS. Rathana Silver (or something like that) has a shop at Chatuchak, but also at Pratunam Centre. I lost their businesscard, if anybody knows their email address, please let me know.

Thanks!

If you require large amounts, and wire in different diameters, I would suggest you buy a rolling machine and a drawing die , as this will enable you to make your own 925 wire. There are jewelry equipment shops across the river at the Thaksin bridge, I forgot the exact locations but there is one larger street lined with shops. You can also visit the Gems Show in September and find a supploier who would be willing to make rod & wire for you. However, to make it by yourself is the far better option !

If your ever up from the smoke, in case your interested in Amphoe Si Satchanalai there are silver shops.

The items they have are very varied and quite stunning.

Quote from a site is:- They also have ancient silver reproductions and the replicas are entirely hand-made with distinctive skill.