20,000 Baht Prize For Drinking Beer

Extreme Beer Drinking Competition this Friday @ Premier Sports Bar.

1st PRIZE = 20,000 Baht

Friday at 8,30pm you are invited to put a team of up to 3 people in for our first extreme drinking competition (in association with Sambora).

Teams will have to sit in a huge tub of iced water (one at a time) and then drink as much beer as they possibly can as quickly as they can.

Entrance fee is only 300 baht per person - only a few places are left so please call into the Bar and get your team entered, or call in on Friday evening.

Everybody is welcome to come along and join the fun whether you're drinking or just watching.

ASK YOURSELF........ AM I MAN ENOUGH.

Thursday night is our very popular QUIZ night with "Play Your Cards Right" and Rock n Roll Bingo.

Saturday and Sunday we have ALL the Premiership football and F1 GP.

Tuesday night at 8.30pm, and every Tuesday upto Xmas we are showing Saturdays showing of X FACTOR, so there's no need to miss it. This Tuesday we had over 12 people in hysterics

watching the good the bad and the ugly.

Thaivisa Team:

Smokie, Big C & carmine. Go boys blink.gif

As an extreme sport is it covered by the Singha Sinking Socciation (SSA) or Aussie Rules? (Coathangers or EarFlobs allowed?)

Can drunken people join in?

If I can remember where I left my bike then my friends might come along - if they can remember where their bikes are or that I told them . . .

When ish it agaib?

I mean . . . . .

R

Edited by robsamui

Heh i remember Premium sports bar from our last vacation.

Went there a thursday when it was quiznight and my GF and me teamed up with 2 from New Zealand.

Great fun.

Don't think we would do that well in a drinking contest ;)

if it's beer chang you'll be drinking i'd like to enter a team of me, myself and i.

The beer won't be cold enough for you but sitting in the ice water should balance it out some. ;)

fair enough, but chang is like a fine wine and needs to be sipped to fully appreciate so i don't think i'd be a very good teammate for this sort of event.

if they had side bets i would probably consider putting a few baht on nigel's team, i don't think he cares what kind of beer it is, only that it gets replaced quickly haha.

any update on the contest? how many teams, who won?

Yep a good night was had by all.

three teams of 3 entered,

team 1 was the high landers and they had a good effort and tuffed it out in the ice for a good time, however they never quite got enough beer down

team 2 Sambora, again they stuck it out in the ice well and drank almost all the 21 bottles of leo, but not quite,

team 3 premier, all 3 team members seemed phsyched up for this one, new member Jamie had been chomping at the bit to get in there and never let

the team down with a good time and plenty of beer downed, next in was Marcus on his second extreme drinking mission, again he was on the ball and when team premier brought on the big gun Nigel

there was not much of the beer left so once again the reigning champions downed the beer and lifted the cup along with the 20,000 baht.

after the main event we had a very pretty young lady get into the ice, I need to add not for very long.

if it's beer chang you'll be drinking i'd like to enter a team of me, myself and i.

The beer won't be cold enough for you but sitting in the ice water should balance it out some. ;)

fair enough, but chang is like a fine wine and needs to be sipped to fully appreciate so i don't think i'd be a very good teammate for this sort of event.

if they had side bets i would probably consider putting a few baht on nigel's team, i don't think he cares what kind of beer it is, only that it gets replaced quickly haha.

Sorry just dont get it, how this can be positive marketing for a bar.

I had the misfortune to have to drive through Bangrak at about 1230 last night and the Premier Bar probably had more people (paying customers) in it than the rest of the bars put together. So positive marketing or not it seemed to have worked!

I had the misfortune to have to drive through Bangrak at about 1230 last night and the Premier Bar probably had more people (paying customers) in it than the rest of the bars put together. So positive marketing or not it seemed to have worked!

Were there other places with more people(non paying customers) in them? biggrin.gif

Were there other places with more people(non paying customers) in them? biggrin.gif

Premier Bar has always got more customers than most..........................its all about good experienced management, and the fact that they always remember their old customers with a welcome greeting !

Premier Bar has always got more customers than most..........................its all about good experienced management, and the fact that they always remember their old customers with a welcome greeting !

Your right, the promotions, special offers and events are what you need to succeed in that trade, not like some of the other bars that just put a few girls on poles and sit around moaning how quiet it is. And some dont even bother to put girls on poles, but they are still moaning. Its not a bar that I like to drink in and I have my own reasons for that but all credit to the management they seem to be doing a good job

I guess if they took over 40.000 they would have broke even, only 9 people taking part not really a runaway success.

I guess if they took over 40.000 they would have broke even, only 9 people taking part not really a runaway success.

Depends how many extra people turned up to watch.

I'd hate to be in the final team, an ice bath half full of urine?