Visa Run Crash

ahh someone who actually knows something first hand, rather than some re hashed samui gossip hearsay.

Glad your wife is ok & hope she has no issues in future relating to her injuries. Best wishes

I am soory Boo but how is that more first hand than me for example talking to someone on the bus? Its not is it. Is that person telling the truth anymore than me/ Why is his post that backs uo Julie's visa run instantly more credible than other posts who are quoting from witnesses that state different? this really isn't adding up.

Finally to state that its like a Thaivisa lynch is total melodramatic rubbish. On the contrary this thread has been very reasonable throughout. the only bias shown would clearly be by your goodself.

I also note that unlike another instance you have blatently failed to draw refence to a new poster. Out of the blue here is a new poster totally contradicting what others on the bus have said to me and you immediately take that as valid!!!!!!! is that because that poster is saying what you want to hear? Why is that poster more valid than others that you simply don't seem to agree with.

I've edited because i'd like to say that i would greatly appreciate an answer to my questions and in particulat i'd like to know why this particular person quote that had such a fortunate ending to the incidence is instantantly truthful and more credible than other eyewitness accounts when it is clear for the world to see that this a a ONE POST member that has miraculously appeared out of nowhere.?

Over to you

Dear Sir.

After spending 72 hours by my wifes bedside in Hatyai public hospital, no sleep and very little food, then being able to have her transferred to Bangkok international hospital in Hatyai for a further 3 days, I take offence at your remarks about me not telling the truth. I don't know where you are getting your information, but it must be from a comic book.

The reason this is only my second post is because I received a phone call from Julie telling me about your remarks on this forum so I decided to take a look myself. Once again I question where you are getting your information. So I will state once again just in case you do not understand. My wife received head injuries which resulted in 2 small blood clots on her brain, her left side is covered in massive bruising. Sha had x rays to her abdomen, spine, neck and skull. She also had 2 ct scans to her brain. Perhaps you would like to know her inside leg measurment and waist size as well? All of this was over 6 days and ONCE AGAIN Julies insurance paid every penny of the bill.

My wife was not an eye witness, she was involved!! and will have the scars to prove it.

Hopefully this will answer all of your questions because you are obviously so full of your own importance that you need to know.

Sir,

I have no wish to cause offence and as i seem to have done so i apologise and ofcourse i wish your wife and all the passengers a full, speedy recovery. i might add that i did not call you a liar but you have certainly suggested that a number of others on here are. Might i expect an apology because i also take offence to be called a liar. wanting to hear the truth has nothing to do with being full of ones self either

I might add that for some reason you have neglected to answer my question as to whether or not the minibus was hit by a lorry? Please do so, and you will doubtless be delighted to hear that i will have nothing further to say on this thread.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one knows the circumstances of the crash. Please let's not start accusations without knowledge of the facts or circumstances.

Main concern at the moment is the well being of the passengers. So any further progress reports, would be appreciated.

Wise advice.

thumbsup.gif

Then perhaps it wouls also be better to practice what you preach. That would be not taking taking a first post members story as instantly credible and questioning the credibility of other witness versions because you happen to prefer that version.

Dear Hackett,

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed (a roo short in the top paddock - couldn't help it Rooo) but I can't see how your comment relates to the 2 that you have quoted??blink.gif

Edited by andrew55

Hopefully this will answer all of your questions because you are obviously so full of your own importance that you need to know.

Kindly remember that these questions are pertinent to anyone who does a Visa Run and would be better answered by those running the company in my opinion.

My best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery.

Kindly remember that these questions are pertinent to anyone who does a Visa Run and would be better answered by those running the company in my opinion.

i was asked to donate towards the hospital bills for someone that wasn't covered by the visa run companies insurance. does it make me full of my own importance that i would like to know whether there was, in fact, insurance coverage for the passengers?

i was asked to donate towards the hospital bills for someone that wasn't covered by the visa run companies insurance. does it make me full of my own importance that i would like to know whether there was, in fact, insurance coverage for the passengers?

Another perfectly good reason. Its really for the company to respond to this now isn't it?

ahh someone who actually knows something first hand, rather than some re hashed samui gossip hearsay.

Glad your wife is ok & hope she has no issues in future relating to her injuries. Best wishes

I am soory Boo but how is that more first hand than me for example talking to someone on the bus? Its not is it. Is that person telling the truth anymore than me/ Why is his post that backs uo Julie's visa run instantly more credible than other posts who are quoting from witnesses that state different? this really isn't adding up.

Finally to state that its like a Thaivisa lynch is total melodramatic rubbish. On the contrary this thread has been very reasonable throughout. the only bias shown would clearly be by your goodself.

I also note that unlike another instance you have blatently failed to draw refence to a new poster. Out of the blue here is a new poster totally contradicting what others on the bus have said to me and you immediately take that as valid!!!!!!! is that because that poster is saying what you want to hear? Why is that poster more valid than others that you simply don't seem to agree with.

I've edited because i'd like to say that i would greatly appreciate an answer to my questions and in particulat i'd like to know why this particular person quote that had such a fortunate ending to the incidence is instantantly truthful and more credible than other eyewitness accounts when it is clear for the world to see that this a a ONE POST member that has miraculously appeared out of nowhere.?

Over to you

Dear Sir.

After spending 72 hours by my wifes bedside in Hatyai public hospital, no sleep and very little food, then being able to have her transferred to Bangkok international hospital in Hatyai for a further 3 days, I take offence at your remarks about me not telling the truth. I don't know where you are getting your information, but it must be from a comic book.

The reason this is only my second post is because I received a phone call from Julie telling me about your remarks on this forum so I decided to take a look myself. Once again I question where you are getting your information. So I will state once again just in case you do not understand. My wife received head injuries which resulted in 2 small blood clots on her brain, her left side is covered in massive bruising. Sha had x rays to her abdomen, spine, neck and skull. She also had 2 ct scans to her brain. Perhaps you would like to know her inside leg measurment and waist size as well? All of this was over 6 days and ONCE AGAIN Julies insurance paid every penny of the bill.

My wife was not an eye witness, she was involved!! and will have the scars to prove it.

Sir,

I have no wish to cause offence and as i seem to have done so i apologise and ofcourse i wish your wife and all the passengers a full, speedy recovery. i might add that i did not call you a liar but you have certainly suggested that a number of others on here are. Might i expect an apology because i also take offence to be called a liar. wanting to hear the truth has nothing to do with being full of ones self either

I might add that for some reason you have neglected to answer my question as to whether or not the minibus was hit by a lorry? Please do so, and you will doubtless be delighted to hear that i will have nothing further to say on this thread.

Sir.

Thank you for your apology, and perhaps the word 'liar' was out of place, for which I also apologise. On the other hand saying "Is that person telling the truth" and then continued by bringing into question my thread as perhaps not credible, pretty much amounts to the same thing, doesn't it?

As far as the question about being hit from behind. I really don't understand why you are so desperate to know, but here are the facts. The first police report states clearly that witnesses saw a truck hit the rear left side of the minibus. The type of truck and plate number were taken. There was then a second report issued with no mention of the truck or witnesses. If you have been living in Thailand for a reasonable amount of time I'm sure you understand what may be going on!!

Firstly, to DavidJanes, thank you for posting. I sincererly hope your wife does make a full recovery.

My interest in this thread is through fear. And ignorance. Fear that the same could happen again and that I might be involved. And ignorance because I have been confused by the information posted.

I do believe it would make good business sense to clearly spell out what happened, although I am under no illusion that I have a right to that information. Certainly, for my own satisfaction, I will make more detailed inquiries should I make a decision to use such services in the future and will act accordingly.

In the meantime, i am finding this thread somewhat disrespectful to those suffering, and serving little purpose.:jap:

No one knows the circumstances of the crash. Please let's not start accusations without knowledge of the facts or circumstances.

Main concern at the moment is the well being of the passengers. So any further progress reports, would be appreciated.

Wise advice.

thumbsup.gif

Then perhaps it wouls also be better to practice what you preach. That would be not taking taking a first post members story as instantly credible and questioning the credibility of other witness versions because you happen to prefer that version.

And while we are on the subject perhaps this getleman could confirm whether or not a lorry hit the bus? A very simple yes or no would suffice because i see he negected to mention this particular point. i ask this because this seems a very big FACT that some are trying to brush over. Or does this post sound like a lynch mob? :rolleyes:

Mr Hackett, please take a deep breath & check the names please. My name is Rooo.

as david james has pointed out that Julie reads these pages, then i think for your business purposes its best if you now speak up Julie.

Alot of these expats writing on here must obviously have travelled with you one time or more.

And they just want some clarification. And thats down to you julie

Otherwise you will lose a lot of customers, including me

as david james has pointed out that Julie reads these pages, then i think for your business purposes its best if you now speak up Julie.

Alot of these expats writing on here must obviously have travelled with you one time or more.

i don't know what happened to my long post but it seems to have vanished. breaking it down. is that someo person who comes online and tells us indirectly to shit u because someones wife was on the bus and was told that she was inssured and paid for and check out as a happy customer is a far comment if the poster himself knows it to be 100 per cent true.

though just as it is suspscious because things are not making sense a rumer saying something bad about the company is just as equal as a rumer from someone sticking up for the company.

I am not saying that this person is a liar. I hope he is not and his wife is got the all clear.

Also for the more rumered serious inhuries such as broken backs , broken legs and even herd broken legs. Is the inssurence going to fit their bill.

In all fairness even if Herbert has inssured for 500 k if someone has a broken back or neck then unfortualty 500 k probably won't cover it.

I am admitting that my words are not based on fact only on rumers do please don't anyone take was i write as fact because nothing has been confirmed other than there was a crash.

i am sure there should be something in the next paper.

There is no point calling the company. If everything that we suspect is true then do you really think that she would admit on the phone that she lied to cover it all up. there again if the truth really is the truth then people might still not believe it anyway.

If people really want to find out then they would probably have to go to the hospital and speak to the relatives.

Anyway that is was a newspaper is for. it is a big story for forangs so i am sure it would be covered. If not then they have missed out on a big opitunity to write what everyone wants to know.

ps i am trying to be fair. As i said in my last post i hope that Julie is in the right and if she is in the right then i hope she can get on her feet and back to business and delivering a good quality visa run.

Accidents do happen. they are part of life. that is why we need inssurence laws to protect customers.

Edited by BigC

Sorry but any one who has lived here ,and has to rely on insurance from a service they are on such as a minibus hotel taxi hire bike etc. Clearly has no clue how things generally work here.

Compulsory insurance is often very low when enforced anyhow, for eg two people I know killed by drunks on motorbikes payout 35 k bht to the family,Watersports accident coverage max 200k bht for up to 20 passengers or 20 k bht each.

Your crazy to not have a personal insurance that would cover you in such an incident, as the saying goes if you can't afford the policy can't afford the accident.

So one poster has stated his wife has thankfully recovered or is on the way to recovery, plus the company paid the bill.

I worked for 8 years out here as a medic dealing with injured tourists with all of the major hospitals, payouts and coverage like this are rare events for Thai based companies good on them.

Sorry but any one who has lived here ,and has to rely on insurance from a service they are on such as a minibus hotel taxi hire bike etc. Clearly has no clue how things generally work here.

Compulsory insurance is often very low when enforced anyhow, for eg two people I know killed by drunks on motorbikes payout 35 k bht to the family,Watersports accident coverage max 200k bht for up to 20 passengers or 20 k bht each.

Your crazy to not have a personal insurance that would cover you in such an incident, as the saying goes if you can't afford the policy can't afford the accident.

So one poster has stated his wife has thankfully recovered or is on the way to recovery, plus the company paid the bill.

I worked for 8 years out here as a medic dealing with injured tourists with all of the major hospitals, payouts and coverage like this are rare events for Thai based companies good on them.

going by your words. what u mean is " when in Rome ....."

the owner is from the UK an ex police woman. if the insentive was to move to asia to start a business where you can get away and profit whilst at great risk to the passsenegers then you are just admitting that you are cowboy business.

Understandble slightly from a thai run business who has never seen any different but have you thought that the possiblity that people chose a forang run company is because they might have felt more safe with someone from a simliar back ground to ours.

if someone is selling themselves as a forigner with a thai business and attracting customers this way then maybe a statement clarifying that even though Julie's Visa run is owned and run by a forang we do not offer you any extra safety than the regular thai taxi man from down the road.

At least now i know. that no matter who i go with a thai an english man or woman a german or a mafia man then i would end up in the same mess as any other form of bus travel.

anyway your statement is false there are other companies offering inssurence. You are insinuating that it is the people on the buses fault for buying a ticket.

I agree to be extra safe you should have inssurence but i don't think that the bloke next to the other bloke in the hospital with a broken neck really has time to blame himself for getting on a bus in the first place with out going to england making a phone call re-newing his inssurence then flying back to thailand. infact what would happend if the bus crashed on his way to bangkok to get the plane home to england for the specall phone call.

what hospital did you work in was it the inssurence section in bangkok hositpal by any chance ?

Big C, Stiggy doesn't live on Koh Samui but on a small island north of Samui, so no, he's not the person you're thinking of in BKK Samui hospital.

I also don;'t think that he's insinuating that it's the fault of the people for buying tickets. As various other posters in different wording mentioned in this thread, you better make sure that you have insurance of your own before you rely on somebody else providing adequate coverage.

What I don't understand is the urge to use these mini bus services. I used to take the normal public bus to Hat Yai, leave around 8am in the morning from Nathon, arrive afternoon in Hat ya, take a mini bus to the border and a taxi back. Busy first day, have a night (or two) in Hat Yai and leasurely make your way back to Samui with the morning or afternoon public bus. A lot more relaxed and a lot less dangerous than mini buses.

Alternatively rent a car for a day and do the trip with 3 or 4 pax to cut down on costs. Just all imho.

Read it as you please Big C.

If it was when in Rome attitude as you imply I would simply blow my horn as I went past the temple and drive fuelled on red bull.I wouldn't have full insurance my own truck ful Thai licence ,and drive like everyone is out to crash into us.

Im Just stating that many insurances are woefully inadequate in Thailand or SE Asia in general.

Even if you have insurance quite often it won't cover you anyhow, particualry if you have a travel insurance and now find yourself resident.

Simple fact is if you live here full time ,better to have your own insurance as back up.

As far as this incident is concerned, I tend not to trust 2nd or 3rd hand info so won't draw any conclusions.

Incidentally never worked at BIH , but for Divers Alert network coordinating Evacs across the region hence the experience I have with what goes wrong.I now work as a consultant for other insurance companies regarding logistics in accidents, nothing at all to do with claims before any one gets exited I despise those buggers as much as the rest of you.

At the end of this discussion who is the insurance company as I have a client who's policy iso many million million baht but is nearly finnished because the company has no insurance why does TAT insurance not pay out

Big C, Stiggy doesn't live on Koh Samui but on a small island north of Samui, so no, he's not the person you're thinking of in BKK Samui hospital.

I also don;'t think that he's insinuating that it's the fault of the people for buying tickets. As various other posters in different wording mentioned in this thread, you better make sure that you have insurance of your own before you rely on somebody else providing adequate coverage.

What I don't understand is the urge to use these mini bus services. I used to take the normal public bus to Hat Yai, leave around 8am in the morning from Nathon, arrive afternoon in Hat ya, take a mini bus to the border and a taxi back. Busy first day, have a night (or two) in Hat Yai and leasurely make your way back to Samui with the morning or afternoon public bus. A lot more relaxed and a lot less dangerous than mini buses.

Alternatively rent a car for a day and do the trip with 3 or 4 pax to cut down on costs. Just all imho.

As a bus/taxi driver in the UK this is without doubt a dangerous run i.e in the time scale it is done,never mind road conditions and so on,limbos is spot on in what he as said and though i am not saying speed has anything to do with the accident you have to be doing some motoring on to do it in the time.

As a driver i would do the above and i have said many times do it over a couple of days if not it MIGHT just cost you a lot more in time, cash, or worse your life,unless they are a number of different drivers but saying that they mind set well be the sooner they get back the better.

Edited by doingok

Hackett, on Yesterday, 10:34 , said:
Boo, on 2011-09-13 23:30:44, said:

Over to you

Just re-read this whole thread & unless I am very much mistaken there has been no link to any newspaper to verify any of the claims being made re lack of insurance & whether a lorry hit the van or not so it is all hearsay, as already stated.

Thankfully I haven't had to do a visa run in over 8 years but I make sure my personal insurance is always up to date whenever I travel, too many nutters on the road. As to the questions you raise, why do you think you have a right to an answer? You aren't a judge on this case, although you have already acted like the jury.

I'm keeping an open mind & not jumping to conclusions. when the truth is out I will form my opinion.

hahaha, considering I have just re-read the whole thread, including everything you have posted, this is greatly amusing to me.

unless I am very much mistaken there has been no link to any newspaper to verify any of the claims being made re lack of insurance & whether a lorry hit the van or not so it is all hearsay, as already stated.

Given the quality of the local English newspapers there is little chance of seeing a well balanced report of this incident. Still we can hold out hope....

true but that is the point, no actual reported facts & only people who know people who may have been on the bus. until some confirmed information is provided then I chose to reserve judgment. If the visa company is at fault or not is up to the authorities not the thaivisa jury.

true but that is the point, no actual reported facts & only people who know people who may have been on the bus. until some confirmed information is provided then I chose to reserve judgment. If the visa company is at fault or not is up to the authorities not the thaivisa jury.

Its not a question of fault or blame on this thread Boo. We all recognise this was an unfortunate accident.

What we're trying to establish here is whether the company had and/or has adequate insurance coverage for its passengers and also whether or not all passengers had their medical bills covered which seems to be an ongoing saga which given there has already been a fundraiser for one passenger seems perfectly valid to question don't you think?

All that's being asked is for is an answer to these questions.

The other question of what did or didn't hit the bus is for the Thai authorities to decide as they see fit. However the silence from the bus company is deafening.

Has anyone on the ground actually been to visit this company or spoken to this julie to get answers to these questions?

You will no doubt have noted from reading the entire thread that from DavidJanes comments he clearly states that Julie has been following the thread. She has chosen not to participate thus far.

you should not have to reply on outside inssurence for genral holiday stuff. like renting a motor bike or walking down a tourist trail but when using private companies then i am sorry but it is the repsonablity of the company to provide the inssurence with the service that ytou are paying for to take you to the border and bacj.

i know that he is not saying it is the passengers fault but it seems like he is passing blame on to the passengers for not having their own inssurence.

maybe they did have insurrence which is why there are not people complaining.

who knows ? anyone ?

Its not a question of fault or blame on this thread Boo. We all recognise this was an unfortunate accident.

What we're trying to establish here is whether the company had and/or has adequate insurance coverage for its passengers and also whether or not all passengers had their medical bills covered which seems to be an ongoing saga which given there has already been a fundraiser for one passenger seems perfectly valid to question don't you think?

All that's being asked is for is an answer to these questions.

The other question of what did or didn't hit the bus is for the Thai authorities to decide as they see fit. However the silence from the bus company is deafening.

yes people are just asking questions. silence is making people more suspicous.

As a bus/taxi driver in the UK this is without doubt a dangerous run i.e in the time scale it is done,never mind road conditions and so on,limbos is spot on in what he as said and though i am not saying speed has anything to do with the accident you have to be doing some motoring on to do it in the time.

As a driver i would do the above and i have said many times do it over a couple of days if not it MIGHT just cost you a lot more in time, cash, or worse your life,unless they are a number of different drivers but saying that they mind set well be the sooner they get back the better.

yes in the U.K. to drive a taxi you have to have inssurence which if you are young like about 25 years old which is very expensive and you have to pay every month.

so the worker has to work double time just to pay off his expenses.

Maybe out here it is easier to take short cuts over here. That does not really give an excuse to act on it.