Does Anyone Own A Large Mitsubishi Fridge

thaibeachlovers

I've had mine for less than one year, and the plastic trim on the door has started to crack and break off. While unsightly, it has not affected the actual fridge operation.

As we moved from Pattaya to a remote village, it isn't possible to take it back to Pattaya or anywhere else for that matter just to get them to check the door, and doubt that they'd do anything about it anyway.

What I'd like to know is whether it's a common fault with Mitsubishi fridges, or was there something toxic in the room we had in Pattaya that made the plastic disintigrate.

The fumes from the drain in the bathroom stripped chrome plating off a steel shelving unit I had in there!

Do you mean the aluminium one with one door and two drawers...

Vegetables at the bottom, ice-refrigerator in the middle and "normal' fridge at the top?!?

No, its got the freezer on top, normal fridge in the middle, vege drawer on the bottom.

Thanks for the replies, and I'll try google now.

Have owned a Mitsubishi fridge for the last 12 years, still looks and operates as good from the day we bought it.

We have only ever used some washing up liquid deluted in warm water to clean the fridge.

Have you used any sorts of harsh detergents or scourers to clean the rubber door seals? If so, this maybe the reason why the rubber seals have deteriorated.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Have owned a Mitsubishi fridge for the last 12 years, still looks and operates as good from the day we bought it.

We have only ever used some washing up liquid deluted in warm water to clean the fridge.

Have you used any sorts of harsh detergents or scourers to clean the rubber door seals? If so, this maybe the reason why the rubber seals have deteriorated.

Sorry, but you misunderstood my post. The door seals are fine, it's the hard plastic door TRIM that has disintigrated, and no, never used anything but water to clean the outside.

I'm leaning towards something toxic in the air in the corner where the fridge was, but interested if anyone else had same problem, not necessarily with a Mitsubishi.

Vegetables at the bottom, ice-refrigerator in the middle and "normal' fridge at the top?!?

No, its got the freezer on top, normal fridge in the middle, vege drawer on the bottom.

I have this model for over 3 years now. No problem whatsoever.

Maybe damaged during the move ?

Yermanee :jap:

I have this model for over 3 years now. No problem whatsoever.

Maybe damaged during the move ?

Yermanee :jap:

No, started before the move, but only noticed it a week before, so unable to get it replaced in Pattaya.

I'm now definitely thinking something toxic in the air, as the trim on top of the top door ( above my head height ) is undamaged, while the lower door trim is falling apart.