Spa Fracorchamps On In 50 Mins

The Belgian F1 GP starts in less than an hour..

How do you think it'll pan out?

We had Schumacher crash in Q1, sending him to the back of the grid, a tactical error by Jensen Button & engineer that saw them drop out in Q2. Webber showed very good pace in Q1 and Q2, Vettel only came good in Q3 (as expected), and there's Bruno Senna (Ayrton's nephew) in his first proper drive starting from an incredible 7th on the grid (replacing Heidfeld and driving for Lotus alongside Vitaly Petrov).

The Vodafone Mercedes are stong with Hamilton in 2nd, and Button very strong in early qualifying. Massa shows that Ferrari still have it, and Alonso had great pace in early practice/qualifying.

So who's going to take the win? (and if you say Vettel, you're a cop out :) )

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be Lewis for sure!!

Yep it was Lewis!!! Making the low light reel, not watching his rear views and running into the guard rail after contact :whistling: !!!! :rolleyes: dam_n, you'd think he be past that sort of rookie mistake by now.. I think there is an F1 thread already going in another forum isn't there?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Hehehe :)

He's got the talent, the McLaren is now fully competitive, but Buttons' better in the wet, and Hamilton can be a little too hot headed.. If he can control the errors, he's a definite contender.

Very telling post as sadly once again he showed he can't keep his head on, I think it's karma though as the moves he pulled yesterday post qualifying should have gotten him much more then a precautionary warning..

Button.:bah:

Great finish to snatch 3rd in the closing minutes - if it had rained, I'm sure he would've been higher up on the podiums..

He's got the talent, the McLaren is now fully competitive, but Buttons' better in the wet, and Hamilton can be a little too hot headed.. If he can control the errors, he's a definite contender.

Very telling post as sadly once again he showed he can't keep his head on, I think it's karma though as the moves he pulled yesterday post qualifying should have gotten him much more then a precautionary warning..

I think Lewis is just a little too young and a little too ambitious. IMHO, if he concentrated on points rather then podiums, he'd actually get the podiums he wants. But focussing purely on the win at any cost, he takes too many risks and often makes poor judgment calls with disastrous results like today....

I thought Shumacher did an amazing job to go from back of the grid (a mechanical fault saw him out of qualifiying, starting in 24th) up to 5th at the end. With a decent grid position, we could have actually seen him on the podium today... Come on Schumie, show 'em you're still the master!

I also had some expectations for Bruno Senna, but his first corner clash put an end to any hopes for this race.. Keen to see him race again at Monza in 2 weeks time.

Anyways, kudos to Vettel for yet another outstanding performance, and congrats on his 2nd place finish and some forehead slaps for Webber for yet another horrid start - my Grandmother would have that guy for breakfast in the 1/4 mile!

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Button.:bah:

Great finish to snatch 3rd in the closing minutes - if it had rained, I'm sure he would've been higher up on the podiums..

I think Lewis is just a little too young and a little too ambitious. IMHO, if he concentrated on points rather then podiums, he'd actually get the podiums he wants. But focussing purely on the win at any cost, he takes too many risks and often makes poor judgment calls with disastrous results like today....

I thought Shumacher did an amazing job to go from back of the grid (a mechanical fault saw him out of qualifiying, starting in 24th) up to 5th at the end. With a decent grid position, we could have actually seen him on the podium today... Come on Schumie, show 'em you're still the master!

I also had some expectations for Bruno Senna, but his first corner clash put an end to any hopes for this race.. Keen to see him race again at Monza in 2 weeks time.

Anyways, kudos to Vettel for yet another outstanding performance, and congrats on his 2nd place finish and some forehead slaps for Webber for yet another horrid start - my Grandmother would have that guy for breakfast in the 1/4 mile!

I agree MRO and Button did have a good drive and kudos to Schumie too maybe he's finally getting the hang of having to RACE people for position to move forward. Vettle though is younger then Lewis and he has matured and learned an incredible amount in the last year and a half once he got over his egotistical whining and bitching about everything and everyone and put his head down to focus.

I'm afraid that Lewis still hasn't learned that yet even after a Championship and some never do so he may never learn it either, I feel it did him a dis-service winning a Championship so early as he never really matured and still drives like an egotistical, spoiled brat and has trouble controlling that most times.. Rather that early Championship reinforced that line of thinking of entitlement.

The race was entertaining though and had a lot of competitive racing throughout the field it's good to see several other teams on the cusp of being at the top and possibly winning I can't remember a season like that in recent memory..

I just saw the Hamilton interview and he says "I thought I was in front" he was but he wasn't clear and that's what rear view mirrors are for and proper judging of distance and Kobayashi can't just 'disappear'. Lewis had all the track for adjustment to drivers right and should have used it or even held his line entering the turn like so many others did throughout the race in the same exact place, instead of veering back to the left on entry, while Kobayashi was on the track edge with no where to go... If he was too quick on entry to hold his line and stay on the track then that falls on his shoulders too.. It is the overtaking drivers responsibility to make certain he is clear and has fully effected the pass as per rule.. His inability to take responsibility once again is his egotistical downfall.. Man up Lewis!!

Insert comment here ______________________________ about the "stereotypes" of that last sentence in relation to his nationality :whistling: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

There is a topic in the sports foeums, and why was that well known cheater Schumi allowed to race? He didn't set a time. If they hadn't waived the 107% rule would he have raced?

The Fans pay to see him race..He should be allowed to race unless his Cars bust. If you were his No1 Fan, you would be pissed off if a Lawyer said he couldn't because of a bit of paper. Folks pay to see Gladiators, not Rumpole of the Baily. Rules are made to be broken. That's why we live here.They stopped Thai Cruze from starting , because the outcome was so obvious, and the Interview afterwards would overrun the Queens Speech on Christmas Day...Have a Good Week Guys :D

There is a topic in the sports foeums, and why was that well known cheater Schumi allowed to race? He didn't set a time. If they hadn't waived the 107% rule would he have raced?

Well this season alone they've let Heidfield, Kobayashi, Karthikeyan, Liuzzi, d'Ambrosio and Riccardo all race even though they failed to qualify within 107% of the pole sitter, so could you imagine the backlash if they didn't allow Schumacher in as well?

Well this season alone they've let Heidfield, Kobayashi, Karthikeyan, Liuzzi, d'Ambrosio and Riccardo all race even though they failed to qualify within 107% of the pole sitter, so could you imagine the backlash if they didn't allow Schumacher in as well?

given the race he drove, one could conclude he deserved to be there.

And, correct me if i am wrong, but isnt schumacher better known for setting or breaking almost every record in his chosen sport?

They waived the 107% role 'cos of conditions during quali I gather and anyway, if a car misses this target due to a wheel falling off, would it still apply?

As for "that well known cheater Schumi"?? Do I need to remind you of 'Liegate', Nelson Piquet's crash in Singapore, Senna/Prost??

Dislike him by all means - but try to be a little more objective.

oh really? hope you didn't bet.

shame to see the great lewis hamilton behind his team mate in the points, not.

Hamilton is getting desperate, and it shows in his driving.

Haha easy to predict the winner after the race!......and yes I did bet, lost 100 baht to my girlfriend who said Vettel would win.

Yes based on past qualifying it's only a matter of the car and drivers potential and he's well established he's capable and so is the car, crashes or mechanical failures don't keep you from starting if you have an established history, it's up to the Stewards of the Meet..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Haha easy to predict the winner after the race!......and yes I did bet, lost 100 baht to my girlfriend who said Vettel would win.

Geez!! 100b :w00t: you're quite the closet gambler there aren't you!! Next time be a bit more creative! I mean losing may be even more fun to make the payoff! If it was my G/F I woulda made a more interesting bet then that :licklips::emot-kiss: .

Edited by WarpSpeed

I wouldn't call him a cheater but he sure has been coddled with the rules and budget in the past and now he's finding it hard to adjust and have to make his own way but he has shown some flare recently. I know some here who will remain unmentioned (F1fanatic :whistling: ) will think I'm anti-Shumie just because I'm not blinded by fanaticism and have a grounded perspective but in reality I'm rooting for him to get back to some form and really have some well earned finishes maybe even wins. I disagree with those who say he's too old I just believe he's never had to face competition on this level a playing field before and it's an entirely new concept for him to grasp.. More power to him if he can grasp it this late it his career..

Geez!! 100b :w00t: you're quite the closet gambler there aren't you!! Next time be a bit more creative! I mean losing may be even more fun to make the payoff! If it was my G/F I woulda made a more interesting bet then that :licklips::emot-kiss: .

Hehe! Yeah you're right!........I'm gonna be much more adventurous for the Italian GP :)

truth be told, i have stood behind vettel staunchly since the first time he tested in f1. I would also be willing to put money that button will finish higher in the points than hamilton this year, and we will not see Hamilton win another wdc unless he makes some radical adjustments to his attitude and grows up.

I wouldn't call him a cheater but he sure has been coddled with the rules and budget in the past and now he's finding it hard to adjust and have to make his own way but he has shown some flare recently. I know some here who will remain unmentioned (F1fanatic :whistling: ) will think I'm anti-Shumie just because I'm not blinded by fanaticism and have a grounded perspective but in reality I'm rooting for him to get back to some form and really have some well earned finishes maybe even wins. I disagree with those who say he's too old I just believe he's never had to face competition on this level a playing field before and it's an entirely new concept for him to grasp.. More power to him if he can grasp it this late it his career..

:lol: I don't think you're anti-Schumi and do realise I am v biased :lol:!

I am not convinced however that "he's never had to face competition on this level a playing field before". IIRC rules were changed during the dominance years to make Ferrari less dominant (yes, I accept that for a couple of those years the Ferrari was unbeatable!).

Haven't made up my mind yet on the level of other drivers previously. On one hand only Mika Hakkinen gave him a run for his money once the Ferrari stood any chance of winning the WCC/WDC (MS I think was already past his apex in 2006), but on the other hand perhaps he really was so good during his best years that he made other drivers look average?

Its hard to know. KR didn't really shine (IMO) when he took over at Ferrari, Alonso only had a chance (when both had competitive cars) for the last year before MS retired (an Schumi certainly didn't make it easy for him that year!), Hamilton shone in his first year but has since reminded me of Montoya..., which only leaves Vettel - who I think has only really started to show his true potential this year.

Apologies to Button fans, he's v good but rarely looks brilliant IMO.

Your right matey it's already a yearly topic started on Community Forums " Sports, Hobbies, activities ".

You guys would like discussion there, me not a F1 car fan but nearly all my life a Grand Prix motorcycle racing fan of MotoGP.

The F1 guys like and respect MotoGP as the level of skill required is more demanding.

MotoGP is there and discussed too.

Edited by Kwasaki

Your right matey it's already a yearly topic started on Community Forums " Sports, Hobbies, activities ".

You guys would like discussion there, me not a F1 car fan but nearly all my life a Grand Prix motorcycle racing fan of MotoGP.

The F1 guys like and respect MotoGP as the level of skill required is more demanding.

MotoGP is there and discussed too.

Not sure the "level of skill required" is greater, but there's certainly more going on from minute to minute.

His inability to take responsibility once again is his egotistical downfall.. Man up Lewis!!

Insert comment here ______________________________ about the "stereotypes" of that last sentence in relation to his nationality :whistling: ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula_one/14701797.stm

Your continuing snide remarks about English people do a great disservice to your fellow countrymen, those of whom i know, would, i have no doubt, wish to disassociate themselves completely with such bigotry.

His inability to take responsibility once again is his egotistical downfall.. Man up Lewis!!

http://news.bbc.co.u...ne/14701797.stm

Your continuing snide remarks about English people do a great disservice to your fellow countrymen, those of whom i know, would, i have no doubt, wish to disassociate themselves completely with such bigotry.

:clap2: How right you are.

Yes it is annoying at times, wonder why he hates us. :(

I am not convinced however that "he's never had to face competition on this level a playing field before". IIRC rules were changed during the dominance years to make Ferrari less dominant (yes, I accept that for a couple of those years the Ferrari was unbeatable!).

Haven't made up my mind yet on the level of other drivers previously. On one hand only Mika Hakkinen gave him a run for his money once the Ferrari stood any chance of winning the WCC/WDC (MS I think was already past his apex in 2006), but on the other hand perhaps he really was so good during his best years that he made other drivers look average?

Its hard to know. KR didn't really shine (IMO) when he took over at Ferrari, Alonso only had a chance (when both had competitive cars) for the last year before MS retired (an Schumi certainly didn't make it easy for him that year!), Hamilton shone in his first year but has since reminded me of Montoya..., which only leaves Vettel - who I think has only really started to show his true potential this year.

But F1 that's my point he wasn't "so good" in "racing" as he is/was not a "racer" he is/was a driver who with perfect conditions in terms of equipment handed to him just merely had to "drive" the car without mistakes. It is very easy when you have a dominant car to go out and just drive without any pressure from other teams knowing you can drive 8 tenths when they have to drive, as Slater would say, "on the limit" every single lap and sometimes exceeding it and your equipment also has to perform to the same high standards of durability it tends to make other teams and drivers look "inferior" just because they can't invest or get preferential treatment the way Ferrari did...

Due to unlimited budgets of the time and the rules which allowed infinate numbers of tires, manufacturers of choice and a specifc tire compound that only Shumie was privy to, engine specific exotic fuel mixtures, unlimited engines and transmissions which allowed him to have one disposable engine for qualifying and then another engine for the race as well as transmissions, and even then the engines were not spec size like now either, unlimited testing during the season to make much needed upgrades and changes face it these are not insignificant changes they're massive ones and he is now having an entirely new learning curve having to race under these rules and with the quality of teams and drivers he now faces.. Seldom in past history (if ever, haven't looked it up) has there been the number of past and present Champions all competing at the same time which displays the parity in the rules as well as the level of talent..

Even his teammate Rubens which had inferior equipment to Shumie being as Shumie was the prime driver of the moment still gave Shumie all he could handle on several occasions and then also had to concede wins and positions to Shumie so the team could benefit from his Championships and stature.. It's irrefutable he now has a veeery steep learning curve at the twilight of his career and I'll be the first in line to laud his success if he can overcome it knowing first hand from personal experience how big a challenge he's facing.. He has to overcome new, less competitive equipment, team, and budget restrictions, new hungry young talent which are far more experienced at racing upon entry to F1 then the past and the inability to demand all things his way with equal tires, limited numbers, engine and transmission as well and even aero restrictions plus now he has been humbled and the decline of his performances even before he retired was due more to the rules changes then it was his age or lack of desire, they just ran in parallel and since he was having his dominant toys taken away he just threw his binky out of the pram as the Brits would say and walked away before the :hit-the-fan: ..

Not being with Ferrari any longer it can always be said that he didn't have the best equipment upon his return so his legacy can be maintained and if he can bring the current cars forward then his talent as both a racer and a driver will be lauded and rightfully so..

But F1 that's my point he wasn't "so good" in "racing" as he is/was not a "racer" he is/was a driver who with perfect conditions in terms of equipment handed to him just merely had to "drive" the car without mistakes. It is very easy when you have a dominant car to go out and just drive without any pressure from other teams knowing you can drive 8 tenths when they have to drive, as Slater would say, "on the limit" every single lap and sometimes exceeding it and your equipment also has to perform to the same high standards of durability it tends to make other teams and drivers look "inferior" just because they can't invest or get preferential treatment the way Ferrari did...

Due to unlimited budgets of the time and the rules which allowed infinate numbers of tires, manufacturers of choice and a specifc tire compound that only Shumie was privy to, engine specific exotic fuel mixtures, unlimited engines and transmissions which allowed him to have one disposable engine for qualifying and then another engine for the race as well as transmissions, and even then the engines were not spec size like now either, unlimited testing during the season to make much needed upgrades and changes face it these are not insignificant changes they're massive ones and he is now having an entirely new learning curve having to race under these rules and with the quality of teams and drivers he now faces.. Seldom in past history (if ever, haven't looked it up) has there been the number of past and present Champions all competing at the same time which displays the parity in the rules as well as the level of talent..

Even his teammate Rubens which had inferior equipment to Shumie being as Shumie was the prime driver of the moment still gave Shumie all he could handle on several occasions and then also had to concede wins and positions to Shumie so the team could benefit from his Championships and stature.. It's irrefutable he now has a veeery steep learning curve at the twilight of his career and I'll be the first in line to laud his success if he can overcome it knowing first hand from personal experience how big a challenge he's facing.. He has to overcome new, less competitive equipment, team, and budget restrictions, new hungry young talent which are far more experienced at racing upon entry to F1 then the past and the inability to demand all things his way with equal tires, limited numbers, engine and transmission as well and even aero restrictions plus now he has been humbled and the decline of his performances even before he retired was due more to the rules changes then it was his age or lack of desire, they just ran in parallel and since he was having his dominant toys taken away he just threw his binky out of the pram as the Brits would say and walked away before the :hit-the-fan: ..

Not being with Ferrari any longer it can always be said that he didn't have the best equipment upon his return so his legacy can be maintained and if he can bring the current cars forward then his talent as both a racer and a driver will be lauded and rightfully so..

I assume you're being provocative for the fun of it - something I understand :lol: