Best Iphone Repairs In Chiang Mai?

cykomiko

Hi all,

I'm experiencing bizarre things with my iPhone 3GS. I had to change a chip(IC chip, I think I recall?) the other day and now the phone gets very hot and the battery dies within a couple hours. On top of that I've lost my gps functions. I had it fixed in airport plaza and I'm not sure I wanna go there again..

Do you guys know somebody that really knows how to fix iPhones ?

Thanks in advance.

Mic

Not sure, but why not try the I Studio/ Pro solutions shops. They are Authorised Mac dealers and can probably help

iStudio in Robinson and Central, Head shop in Sirimungklajam road ( up past Kad Suan Kaew, left at the traffic lights) tel 05322 4058, people there speak good English

Thank you guys.

Honestly, I am not sure that there is a big price difference betwen going to the Apple store for a repair or and buying a new device.

i am sure it will be outrageous or they will tell me to wait for the IPhone 5!

Maybe I'll go back to an old battered nokia that is not designed to fail after 2 years...

If anybody else knows addresses, I am stil willing to save my "old" 3GS daddy though...

Thanks again!

K phone in Airport plaza 3rd floor is very good. I had a problem with my screen on max zoom and couldn't resolve it, they fixed it in 2 min and didn't even charge me for it.

The shop I first went to said it will cost me 5000 baht for a new screen and I didn't believe them luckily and on a recommendation went to K phone.

I am not saying they can fix your phone, but if you are going by the attitude and honesty of K phone and for the fact I think u will not get ripped off its worth giving them a try:)

On Huay Kaew Road there is a Mac repair store. I brought in a 3Gs that needed the charging port changed. He put in a new one for 300Baht. Last year, i brought my Mac Book Pro to the Mac authorized shop near Hillside condos. The screen was partially blacked out and they charged me 800 baht to diagnose it. They said screen needed to be replaced for a cost of 30000Baht. I brought it to the place on Huay Kaew and he fixed it for 1000 Baht. Pinched cable. Coming from the moat go up Huay Kaew and go past the Nimmenhaimen intersection, it will be on your right hand side next to Tsunami sushi.

Be forewarned there may be no lasting fixes for some of the things that go wrong with iPhones. The wifi is particularly weak that way. Thousands of the phones had problems out of the box, and thousands more are dying a slow death after two or three years. The last place I went to was very honest: they told me they could fix it and charge me, but I'd probably lose function in a few days. That's exactly what had happened before, so I took their word for it.

This is an oddly consistent weakness in top-level smart phones, I think. I started doing research on the Samsung Galaxy series after giving up on the iPhone, and the first thing I noticed was how many new users were having the same wifi issues I had had for two years with the Apple phone.

I did use the Airport Plaza and KSK shops, but not the others mentioned so far.

Be forewarned there may be no lasting fixes for some of the things that go wrong with iPhones. The wifi is particularly weak that way. Thousands of the phones had problems out of the box, and thousands more are dying a slow death after two or three years. The last place I went to was very honest: they told me they could fix it and charge me, but I'd probably lose function in a few days. That's exactly what had happened before, so I took their word for it.

This is an oddly consistent weakness in top-level smart phones, I think. I started doing research on the Samsung Galaxy series after giving up on the iPhone, and the first thing I noticed was how many new users were having the same wifi issues I had had for two years with the Apple phone.

The only hassle I have with my Iphone 3 and 4 is the battery needs to be recharged every day :realangry:

Doesn't matter which Apple authorized shops you go to in Chiang Mai. The owner is the same. Just different sets of staff.

Unless you're willing to fix your phone with unauthorized shops, which can offer you a fix for much less even though you'll have to risk it a bit. (No warranties, etc).

The only hassle I have with my Iphone 3 and 4 is the battery needs to be recharged every day :realangry:

Currently using Galaxy S2, and I'll tell you you may have to charge more than once a day.