200 Red Shirts Protest At Pattaya Police Station

Rimmer

200 Red Shirts protest at Pattaya Police Station

PATTAYA: -- A protest consisting of around 200 Red Shirts took place at Pattaya Police Station on Wednesday Afternoon following an alleged assault of a Pattaya Taxi Driver inside the Police Cells at Pattaya Police Station. Khun Apidaert aged 35 was arrested during a Police raid of a restaurant somewhere in Pattaya at around 3am on Monday. Although Khun Apidaert was only a customer he decided to remonstrate with Police Officers over the closure. He was then arrested and claimed that one of the senior officers in the team, Police Major Supalerk later ordered inmates in the cells at Pattaya Police Station to cover up the security cameras and beat-up Khun Apidaert. A medical report confirming injuries consistent with a fist fight at the time of his incarceration was produced to Police Lieutenant Colonel Grisagorn, Deputy Chief of Pattaya Police, who also received a complaint from the owner of the restaurant regarding the same Police Officer who is accused of repeatedly targeting the restaurant and scaring off customers.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-09-01

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I mean really - can't they ask their Govt for a grant to go to an amazing protest roadshow to countries in the middle east or something and show then how to really do it.

I appreciate they have a lot of time on their hands and can't blame the Govt for their position in life anymore....

I am glad to see that someone is taking on the police. It's absolutely appalling that the police would have a guy beaten up by other prisoners and think they can get away with this impunity.

Anything that puts a spanner in the works with the BIB is good.

I am glad to see that someone is taking on the police. It's absolutely appalling that the police would have a guy beaten up by other prisoners and think they can get away with this impunity.

Whilst it's great to see a movement aimed at bringing the police force into line, any success that such a movement has will greatly strengthen its position creating an enormous boost to the 'bravado' of those running the movement.

Once the police have been made to toe the line, who is going to take on their mafioso replacements and bring them to book?

Doesn't look much like a red shirt protest to me, maybe 5-10% wearing read shirts (which is probably not far from the average from any random group of 200 people).

Totally misleading headline again, how abou '200 Taxi Drivers Protest at Pattaya Police Station'?

Whilst it's great to see a movement aimed at bringing the police force into line, any success that such a movement has will greatly strengthen its position creating an enormous boost to the 'bravado' of those running the movement.

Once the police have been made to toe the line, who is going to take on their mafioso replacements and bring them to book?

If the movement was composed of Thai citizens (who knows if these are red shirts) then strengthening their position would increase the democracy that is tragically missing in Thailand. The police should not continue to break the laws they are hired to enforce. I suspect if this man was part of any organized movement or organization he would not have been beaten up. The policeman was probably targeting the business for his bribe. My brother-in-law who owns a factory pays 2,000 baht a month to the police as do the other businesses that surround his factory. The true mafia are the police.