Dishwasher Expert

Dishwasher Expert ?

isnt this the wife?

note

can you xplain the issue, then maybe some tv member can assist

PS you have a dishwasher? , never seen one here apart from really high end villas

Boater, you should see the peace and harmony such a gadget brings. Leaves much more time as well for carrying out other duties.

Anyway the problem is that there is a residue of a greasy substance left behind after a wash even though all the utensils are sparkling...very strange.

I am truely sorry for your problems.

I think you have to be very blunt and to the point. Just explain to her that she has no business and indeed there is no justifiable reason why she should be leaving the kitchen until its spotless. In fairness i think its a good idea if you check its done properly before you sign her off each evening so that theres no misunderstanding.

Why not treat her at the end of the week if she's done a good job. ;):D

Edited by carmine

sounds like it's your cleaning agent/detergent that may be the problem. give the dishwasher a good clean using some lemons after the initial clean.

the acid in lemons or limes will cut all the grease out.

alternatively check that the water exit is clear and there's not a u bend on it, anything slowing down the escape of your water waste could be the cause.

ps I'm no expert.

Edited by starcandle

sounds like it's your cleaning agent/detergent that may be the problem. give the dishwasher a good clean using some lemons after the initial clean.

the acid in lemons or limes will cut all the grease out.

alternatively check that the water exit is clear and there's not a u bend on it, anything slowing down the escape of your water waste could be the cause.

ps I'm no expert.

Plus clean your filters.

Some of the small shops, with signs saying "Toshiba" or "LG" etc.... , I have found to be able to fix things.... at reasonable prices... and they work again...

Usually you have to take the appliance to them... There is a "Toshiba; shop between Maenam & Ban Por (closer to Ban Por..on water side) that seems to know what he's doing..... even on non Toshiba appliances...

But try the above mentioned cleaning things out first, it may be as simple as that :o.... one assumes you would be using hot water for the dish washer to help melt the grease.... ?\

Wonder if "Mr Boater" is still with us after his comment!!!!:D

Some of the small shops, with signs saying "Toshiba" or "LG" etc.... , I have found to be able to fix things.... at reasonable prices... and they work again...

Usually you have to take the appliance to them... There is a "Toshiba; shop between Maenam & Ban Por (closer to Ban Por..on water side) that seems to know what he's doing..... even on non Toshiba appliances...

But try the above mentioned cleaning things out first, it may be as simple as that :o.... one assumes you would be using hot water for the dish washer to help melt the grease.... ?\

Wonder if "Mr Boater" is still with us after his comment!!!!:D

still here ....... just lol

But was interested to see about the hot water part, as most thai houses do not have hot water connected to taps ect....

maybe the water heater is broken in the machine?, or if it had one in the first place? , not to sure if dishwashers heat the water them selves, or rely on hot water being pumped into them

not to sure if dishwashers heat the water them selves, or rely on hot water being pumped into them

They heat up the water to VERY hot themselves.

I am more than happy to bring round my dirty pots should Gatorade need to do some more tests.:D

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I didn't embark on the course of action as suggested by Boater and Carmine as Mrs G keeps a fine set of

razor sharp "kitchen devils" close to hand. With that in mind Itsohothere you are more than welcome to bring around your dishes.

On re-checking everything ,it appears to be a filter that I had missed, it was co-located within another one and since cleaning, the problem seems to have gone away.

Grateful for all the inputs.

Cheers Gator