Asma Restaurant

keo

Looking for an Indian restaurant to take my parents and their friends to. A google search has professed that Asma restaurant is the best Indian restaurant in CM (248/55-56 Maneenoparat Rd.). I find this strange as I've never heard of it, nor seen it mentioned on here. However, I see it is on Meals on Wheels. Has anyone eaten there? How was it?

My search also unveiled Rajdarbar (99/2 Loi Kroh rd.). Again, never heard of it. Anyone care to pass comment?

Cheers

There's a small one just near the bottom of Loy Kroh road on the left just before the night bazaar. Good food and good sized portions as well.

I've tried Hinlay and found it to be the blandest food I've eaten in years, nice setting though.

Another vote for the place near the bottom of Loy Kroh.(sorry, don't know the name). Very good food, small, quaint place.

There's a small one just near the bottom of Loy Kroh road on the left just before the night bazaar. Good food and good sized portions as well.

I've tried Hinlay and found it to be the blandest food I've eaten in years, nice setting though.

I've been to several Indian restaurants here (including Asma) but I wouldn't rate any of them.

I like a good curry, but I wouldn't bother with Indian food here based on what I've seen. If anyone has some other recommendations I'd be keen to try them.

Another thread on Indian restaurants??? I thought we all agreed that there are no good ones at a reasonable price. can't we talk about hamburgers again instead?

Rajdarbar is one of the few Indian restaurants in CM that I haven't tried. (I didn't like Asma when they were in the Anusarn Market and haven't gone back since they moved.) I clicked on Rajdarbar's website above and was interested when I saw they offered "dishes from North and South India" since there are no south Indian restaurants anywhere near Chiang Mai. I went to the menu to see what their South Indian specialties are. I was disappointed to see that the only true south Indian dishes they offer are their breads for breakfast and Chicken 65. I'll probably try it anyway to see if it's any better than my current favorite north Indian, Royal India. Many here don't like it but, imho, their vegetarian dishes are better than anywhere else.

FYI -- Rajdarbar has fish and chips on the menu. That should be good for another 50 posts here.

Very Good food from Spicy Bollywood and I am a big fan of Hinley.

Rajdarbar came highly recommended from a Brit couple who live in S. India.

Fish & Chips, oh for an adult thread on the Food of the Gods and maybe Spotted Richard with creamy yellow Custard.

john

GO TO SPICY BOLLYWOOD, IT IS THE BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT IN TOWN, NICE CLEAN GOOD FOOD AND GOOD PEOPLE, THEY HAVE MOVED TO SOMPET GOLD PLACE

JUST AFTER THE OLD SPICY, WHERE VAN BAR IS THER IN NIGHT. NO REGRETS.

thanks I thought they were out of business

Royal India good food just like in India the Potato Naan is just as delicious as the expensive one in Chedi. Very nice owner although he look a bit rough. He is a passionate cook.

Chedi is fine dining type so they are expensive but worth a try. Creamy lightly spiced Mughal type of fine Indian food.

Will try bollywood soon but I know that they are for real.

If someone pro Hinlay please spare me the BS. Le Spice is also not that good.

aristide.

re .. thanks I thought they were out of business

nahh ... they shut the anusarn and somphet market shops and opened a new one

behind the old changers and bangers bar which is now a car / bike rent shop opposite somphet market.

go down the ally next to the car rent and its there

dave2

post-42592-0-80084100-1316091336_thumb.j

post-42592-0-84191200-1316091372_thumb.j