Wifes Settlement Visa To Uk

Hi everybody,

I applied for my wifes settlement visa to the UK on the 25th of October. We have just got a letter today telling my wife to come and see them between 1300 and 1400 monday to thursday. But there is no date! Is this for an interview or do they want to see her for something else? I cant ring them as its a friday afternoon, and Im a little worried.

Also they are asking for all our documents., but i have handed them in already.

Anyone any ideas? Its got me worried and I wont be able to enjoy my weekend!

Scott.

hi,

not sure if this helps but my g/f applied on exactly the same day (25th Oct) and got a letter (today, as well!) which did have a date on her for the 13th December (so maybe your g/f's interview will be then).

does seem strange though that they're asking you for documents they should already have.

i can only give some general advise (and i'm not trying to patronise) but no need to worry and ruin your weekend over something you can't control. i'd bet it's just an administrative cock-up and it'll probably be cleared up after a phone call on monday.

good luck!

:o

Hi ScottyBoy,

I don't think there is anything to worry about. They probably just want to clarify something, maybe about the documents you've already submitted.

The application is just being processed and no decision's will be made until your Mrs has her interview.

Hi everybody,

I applied for my wifes settlement visa to the UK on the 25th of October. We have just got a letter today telling my wife to come and see them between 1300 and 1400 monday to thursday. But there is no date! Is this for an interview or do they want to see her for something else? I cant ring them as its a friday afternoon, and Im a little worried.

Scott.

Hi Scott - first off dont go getting yourself too worked up just yet.

I would imagine that the embassy would like to see your wife to straighten out some anomalies that they may have found in your application. This could be something quite simple or something that youve not included with your application.

The fact that they are asking for "all of your documents" isnt a good start... but this could be a simple mistake. How was the application made, did you send the whole lot by post to the embassy? or did your wife deliver in person?

Presumably before you/yourr wife handed in the application to the embassy you/she would have checked that everything was complete - i believe that theres a check list on the last page of the application form.

if not you can get all the docs needed at www.ukvisas.gov

In my case - my, then girlfriend, handed in the application and was asked back about a day or two later - id asked her to stay in bkk for a couple of days in case this happened before returning back to nongkhai.

She was asked a few questions about her family and several questions to confirm evidence that i had sent, and was then sent on her way.

About 2 days after she got home the embassy called her to say that a full interview would not be required as they were happy with our application and we were offered a short interview date after we were married.

In all her short interview was conducted at one of those counters in the embassy and took about the same time it took me to hastily smoke a cigarette. Job done - visa issued.

hope this helps

enjoy your weekend - and start again monday - good luck

Hi everybody,

Scott.

Hi Scott - first off dont go getting yourself too worked up just yet.

I would imagine that the embassy would like to see your wife to straighten out some anomalies that they may have found in your application. This could be something quite simple or something that youve not included with your application.

The fact that they are asking for "all of your documents" isnt a good start... but this could be a simple mistake. How was the application made, did you send the whole lot by post to the embassy? or did your wife deliver in person?

Presumably before you/yourr wife handed in the application to the embassy you/she would have checked that everything was complete - i believe that theres a check list on the last page of the application form.

if not you can get all the docs needed at www.ukvisas.gov

In my case - my, then girlfriend, handed in the application and was asked back about a day or two later - id asked her to stay in bkk for a couple of days in case this happened before returning back to nongkhai.

She was asked a few questions about her family and several questions to confirm evidence that i had sent, and was then sent on her way.

About 2 days after she got home the embassy called her to say that a full interview would not be required as they were happy with our application and we were offered a short interview date after we were married.

In all her short interview was conducted at one of those counters in the embassy and took about the same time it took me to hastily smoke a cigarette. Job done - visa issued.

hope this helps

enjoy your weekend - and start again monday - good luck

We both went in person to the embassy. The lady checked through all our documents and told us that everything appeared to be all there.

Im not usually a worrier, but this letter has just arrived at the wrong time. Ill have to wait until monday.

Scotty,

Rather than worrying, you should be celebrating. From your description of events, it sounds as if the embassy is already minded to grant your wife her visa, and therefore just want a quick chat with her just to make sure. As regards the documents, the embassy sends out a standard letter explaining what paperwork is required. If you've already submitted what's on the list, don't worry about it.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Scotty,

Rather than worrying, you should be celebrating. From your description of events, it sounds as if the embassy is already minded to grant your wife her visa, and therefore just want a quick chat with her just to make sure. As regards the documents, the embassy sends out a standard letter explaining what paperwork is required. If you've already submitted what's on the list, don't worry about it.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Hi Scouse,

I hope thats the case!!! Ill be able to enjoy myself now! Thanks for everyone who has answered and helped me put my mind to rest.

Great Forum!

Scotty.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Scouse,

I hope thats the case!!!

What Scouse says is nigh on definitely the case. When the applicant submits the form with all the supporting evidence in place, if the Embassy - having reviewed both form and supporting documents - feels that the visa should most likely be granted, they'll send out a communication like the one you received and the applicant will receive a short (and I would say cursory) interview at the front desk in the visa section.

This is not to say that things are looking bad if the Embassy do not offer this short interview treatment and require a fuller formal inbterview at a specified date instead. It just means ... well done on putting all the supporting evidence in place in such a clear manner that it made the Embassy's job an easier one :o

Would be great to hear how this one turned out Scotty?