Online Banking In Chiang Mai

PETDCAT

I have a savings account at Bangkok Bank in Chiang Mai for about 3 years now. When I inquire about online access to my account I am told I cannot have that with a tourist visa. Without trying to debate the logic of this I would like to know if anyone has an account in Thailand with any bank that has online access with just a tourist visa.Thanks

According to the Bangkok Bank web site you can do this with a Tourist Visa. It also says you have to provide an address other than a hotel, P.O. Box, etc.

You can also apply if you have a Bangkok Bank issued card which can access a Bangkok Bank ATM. The web page for ATM application states that if you visa type is "Touist" you may not be able to apply by ATM.. I am not sure what the "may" actually means in this case.

At any rate, you should be able to apply with a Tourist Visa. The bank for sure reserves the right to deny your application.

The procedures for both are on their web site.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

According to the Bangkok Bank web site you can do this with a Tourist Visa. It also says you have to provide an address other than a hotel, P.O. Box, etc.

You can also apply if you have a Bangkok Bank issued card which can access a Bangkok Bank ATM. The web page for ATM application states that if you visa type is "Touist" you may not be able to apply by ATM.. I am not sure what the "may" actually means in this case.

At any rate, you should be able to apply with a Tourist Visa. The bank for sure reserves the right to deny your application.

MSPain

Thats great. I have both, a bank issued card and valid address. I haven't looked at their website,only applied at the bank. I will check the website and Thanks for the info.

Pet

Thats great. I have both, a bank issued card and valid address. I haven't looked at their website,only applied at the bank. I will check the website and Thanks for the info.

Pet

Don't forget the part that says if you have a Tourist Visa you "may" not be able to apply by ATM. I am guessing that means what type of visa they indicate in their records when you opened the account, or last gave them a passport update.

MSPain

MSPain

Pet

Curious. Which branch told you that you are unable to have online access to your account? I want to be certain to avoid them. My guess is that the bank employees at that particular branch just don't want to bother.

MSPain

Pet

Curious. Which branch told you that you are unable to have online access to your account? I want to be certain to avoid them. My guess is that the bank employees at that particular branch just don't want to bother.

It is the branch on Sridornchai Rd, between Pantip plaza and the moat. They were helpful when I was setting up a paypal account a few years ago but this last time,not so much. I was with my Thai gf so I am sure nothing was lost in translation. Maybe I shouldn't have gone so close to lunchtime.