Mitsubishi Ex Vs Chevy Cruze

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously could not consider shiny black leather in this climate, must seriously burn the ass when you climb aboard.

I believe Th Cruze leather is shiny cause its treated/maintained with a cheap silicone product, just like all rentals in the US, makes driver slide around at speed. Autoglym and similar products containing, sh-t forgot, makes leather look natural, soft, flexible and breathing. Huge difference

I seriously could not consider shiny black leather in this climate, must seriously burn the ass when you climb aboard.

I believe Th Cruze leather is shiny cause its treated/maintained with a cheap silicone product, just like all rentals in the US, makes driver slide around at speed. Autoglym and similar products containing, sh-t forgot, makes leather look natural, soft, flexible and breathing. Huge difference

I used to use Autoglym in UK the leather cleaner and cream were amazing it contained canuba wax if I remember correct, can you buy them here?

^^Getting a little too personal now maybe? :whistling:

This was the reply from I received from TC when I Put WHATCAR UK CRUZE review on TV, it was their words not mine unsure.gif

For The Cruze has a much better cabin than existing Chevrolet buyers will be used to, and it looks pretty funky, too. The bargain-bucket price and warranty package will be tempting

Against The petrol engines are gutless, it's not particularly exciting or comfortable to drive and it's not as practical as a hatchback

"Then, you say the engine is "gutless" and it's not comfortable to drive. For all we know, you could be 300lbs and can'r fit your fat ass in the seat. But my guess is, you've never driven one"

<deleted>

Ok, turnabout's fair play...

My Ford Focus has excellent seats, really firm, supportive and a nice blend of leather and meshed fabric. I found the Cruze's leather seats in the test LTZ to be a bit 'slippery' and they didn't give great lower back support... but I guess that is just the natural feeling after sitting for nearly two years in great seats.

It's funny, but I figured that to make a car feel great, manufacturers need to have great front seats and a thick, attractive steering wheel. For me, everything else is secondary. Always strikes me as crazy that they don't all do this...

You mentioned you were now considering the new City, though I guess selling the Focus is your first goal. I can tell you that for the past year, I weekly drive long distance in that car, a few hundred kilos and back, and NEVER feel tired in that driver's seat. It is modest, but very comfortable. Similarly, the steering wheel, as you know, in the City, has that deep, thick, steering wheel, which is gives you a better feeling of control. At the same time, I know you are considering the Mazda 2, again, very comfortable driving seat, I've done that route many times in that car too, however the steering wheel is the more traditional, and does not have that deeper grip.

Hi Keemapot,

cheers for your helpful comments. much appreciated. :-)

My Ford Focus has excellent seats, really firm, supportive and a nice blend of leather and meshed fabric. I found the Cruze's leather seats in the test LTZ to be a bit 'slippery' and they didn't give great lower back support... but I guess that is just the natural feeling after sitting for nearly two years in great seats.

It's funny, but I figured that to make a car feel great, manufacturers need to have great front seats and a thick, attractive steering wheel. For me, everything else is secondary. Always strikes me as crazy that they don't all do this...

Mine aren't slippery. Different texture.

The thing about back support is subjective. I found the Focus' seats uncomfortable as they dig into my lower back. That would drive me crazy. That was one of the main reasons why I didn't go for a focus.

I like that the Cruze really hugs the sides and keeps you in. Not the same in the Focus.

Seats, however, you can change.

Hi TH Cruze,

I agree with you, the seats on the 'new' Focus (it's mechanically the same as my 2005 Focus but with nicer interior and a newer exterior) I found to be quite flat and I found them also to be 'slippy', not moulded/slight bucket seats at all, in fact, I found them similar to the Cruze's leather ones on the LTZ test drive. They weren't 'bad'... just not quite to my personal taste.

Oh, you either have the driest sense of humour imaginable or you really are a petty minded twit. I have yet to decide... and kudos to you for that :-)

Edited by Jim's_a_Thai_Fox

Mine aren't slippery. Different texture.

The thing about back support is subjective. I found the Focus' seats uncomfortable as they dig into my lower back. That would drive me crazy. That was one of the main reasons why I didn't go for a focus.

I like that the Cruze really hugs the sides and keeps you in. Not the same in the Focus.

Seats, however, you can change.

Hi TH Cruze,

I agree with you, the seats on the 'new' Focus (it's mechanically the same as my 2005 Focus but with nicer interior and a newer exterior) I found to be quite flat and I found them also to be 'slippy', not moulded/slight bucket seats at all, in fact, I found them similar to the Cruze's leather ones on the LTZ test drive. They weren't 'bad'... just not quite to my personal taste.

Oh, you either have the driest sense of humour imaginable or you really are a petty minded twit. I have yet to decide... and kudos to you for that :-)

Don't be scared. It's not me, it's just the way to deal with Forum bullies. No real person would say "I am a class above you". laugh.gif I guess people here have no sense of humor.

Anyway. So far, I've made my second payment already. How long now? Maybe almost 2 months with my Cruze. It's a good car. As the JD Power people said, on par with what's out there. No better or worse.

The things that tipped it for me aren't important. I just like the interior styling better than the Lancer and it's not common on the road, so it's a bit "special" in that way. When you see one on the road it's like "Hey! there's a Cruze"!. I never went "Hey! there's a City!".

I've been seeing more and more on the road, but not nearly as many as Lancers. It's a new model so not many people know about it yet. They go "you have a what"? or they ask me "what kind of car is that?". I guess it'll become as popular as the AVEO at some point.

It's a tough one. The only way to really know is to take a saturday and go test drive them both. Check them out. Get down on the floor and look at them underneath. Lift up the hood. Touch all the buttons inside and run your hands through everything. Do it with both. Get somebody to take pictures. Then you can decide later.

It's the thing with cars. They can look great on paper but then when you get inside it just doesn't "feel" quite right. You may end up getting something you never thought. Remember, when I went out to get a new car, I was out to buy a Civic and I ended up in a Cruze. Didn't know what it was until I saw it at the mall.

Here's something on the Lancer from Car Sanook

Actually, let's not forget, the Corolla Altis actually. My wife hates it, but to be honest if you get it in black it doesn't look like a Taxi, it is comfy and it's big. Nothing wrong here at all

The only reason why I didn't look at this one any further was because my wife just gave it a NO as soon as I started looking.

Edited by thaicruze

This is similar to the way I saw the Cruze for the first time. Just walking around at a mall

This is a mall in Korat

This is the LS like mine. As you can see, the viewing area is big. Front windshield seems to go forever.

Edited by thaicruze

I used to use Autoglym in UK the leather cleaner and cream were amazing it contained canuba wax if I remember correct, can you buy them here?

yes, at least at bkk motorshows at a steep price. But I have found a replacement, american PROOF at reasonable price, also lanoline based, and Meguire have some good products. The silicone products are cheap, but rather dirty seats than such crap

Looking at that Altis video, my Cruze can achieve 140kph at lower RPMs. I've taken my car to just above 140 and I've never seen the RPMs go as high as that Altis. and the acceleration seems to be the same. The Altis is not any faster.</div>

you are comparing apples with oranges

Altis has cvt, making the engine work within its optimal powerband most of the time. saves gas and increases performance, thus altis 1,6 performing on par with cruze 1,8

vigo/fortuner cruzes 160kmh at 3000rpm with a 4 speed auto, loaded with 2 Ninja650R and 5 people it needs at this speed 1,1 liter/10km, how is that for comparison?

1) The only reason why it may have "looked" shiny a couple of days ago is because I had just cleaned them. They don't stay shiny for more than a couple of days.

2) No. The leather doesn't get that hot at all.

3) All black leather will get "shiny" after you clean it with some sort of leather conditioner or cleaner.

4) it's not really the spray itself that makes it shiny. If I spray it and clean it with a rag, it doesn't get shiny. I usually do it with a polishing sponge, so it is a bit shiny for a day or so.

I can take a picture now. It's been 2 days since I cleaned it.

Edited by thaicruze

That Altis wasn't a 1.6. It was a 1.8.

From seats to engines, you always talk about crap you know nothing about.

sure

I didnt say your posted vid was a 1,6, talking new cars, I said 1,6cvt altis performs on par with 1,8 Cruze, the 1,8 daewoo becomes somehow unspirited when it passes 5k rpm. according to reviews and according to ME :D

but dont worry, an upgraded 1,8 is on its way for Cruze, perhaps it will be on par with competition?

1) The only reason why it may have "looked" shiny a couple of days ago is because I had just cleaned them. They don't stay shiny for more than a couple of days.

3) All black leather will get "shiny" after you clean it with some sort of leather conditioner or cleaner.

4) it's not really the spray itself that makes it shiny. If I spray it and clean it with a rag, it doesn't get shiny. I usually do it with a polishing sponge, so it is a bit shiny for a day or so.

black leather does not get shiny if a lanoline product is used, and finish off with cotton. All jags, aston, land rover, range rover leaves factory with leather treated with autoglym, had they been shiny they could not sell them

black leather does not get shiny if a lanoline product is used, and finish off with cotton. All jags, aston, land rover, range rover leaves factory with leather treated with autoglym, had they been shiny they could not sell them

Must be so hard to get another product and rub it on there. I mean, imagine. Shiny leather. No way out of that one now! rolleyes.gif

I can show you. This is how the passenger seat looked like maybe 3 days before I polished it (this seat was polished a couple of weeks before)

8c67a744.jpg

My wife scratched it, so we are getting it fixed next week

Here is a couple of days later when I polished it again

aa59517b.jpg

I polish them every couple of weeks. They lose that shiny-ness in a couple of days.

Edited by thaicruze

Poverty Model Altis,but still a nice drive. My Range Rover seats are not shiney, or saggy after 9 months hard use. Just normall quality hide.Neither are our reps Leather Cities after god now what miles.

Of course, you keep TALKING about your Range Rover but never offered any proof of it.

Poverty Model Altis,but still a nice drive. My Range Rover seats are not shiney, or saggy after 9 months hard use. Just normall quality hide.Neither are our reps Leather Cities after god now what miles.

Of course, you keep TALKING about your Range Rover but never offered any proof of it.

most of us dont take photos of every tin can we purchase, and if done we dont post them to brag

most of us dont take photos of every tin can we purchase, and if done we dont post them to brag

Yea right.

ONE picture of the car you own.

Of course you won't, 'cause you aint got shit. What are you afraid of? Criticism? Easy to criticize others no?

You know why I like pictures? Because in a forum, talk is SHIT. Anyone can come here and say anything. I could've opened a thread about my brand new BMW 5 series and given it a review without ever posting 1 single picture and you guys will believe me?

Edited by thaicruze

Yea right.

ONE picture of the car you own.

Of course you won't, 'cause you aint got shit. What are you afraid of? Criticism? Easy to criticize others no?

I actually do have pictures of all the cars I have owned in TH, used for sales ads when they are 1-1,5 years old. Most of them have been mentioned on occasions, as relevant to a topic, but usually see no reason to post pics of them in Forum. In addition they are all mass produced cars, so readers know how they look like. Nothing special, oh, except I usually rip the badges off so most people dont know its the top model. Thats something I miss from Euro cars, ordering without badges

Afraid of? snakes and ladders. Thats it :D

Now, new car chase for my GF today, has the 1st buyer 100k baht scheme been increased to include Fiesta 1,6S dsg or even Altis 1,6? or will she get a 2012 City?

and should I buy one in my maids name too, she has been with us for 3 years now,