New 72 Million Baht Emergency Medical Boat

britmaveric

New 72 Million Baht emergency medical boat put through its paces.

Last month we reported on a new emergency medical boat which will be used for the islands off the coast of Pattaya. The vessel cost the City a staggering 72 million Baht and is equipped with state-of-the-art rescue and medical equipment. We joined the Mayor of Pattaya, Khun Niran along with Khun Ronagit, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya and Khun Farooq, a City Councilor as they watched the boat being put through its paces.

Some of the features on the boat include a three bed mini hospital with basic first aid equipment and provisions for more advanced life-saving procedures including small operations. There are further bunk beds for the boats crew, a fax machine, sonar equipment, and a power hose to fight boat fires. The Mayor was impressed with the boat and its facilities and we understand it will come into service in time for the on-set of high season when the Islands are expected to be full of tourists who may well need the services of the boat.

-Pattaya City News

Friday 4th November 2005

with fax machine.Pattaya has arrived :o

The telephone line will be installed soon and Khun ripmeoffs cabling firm has won the contract to provide 40km's of telephone cabling to ensure that the boat is never out of contact. Khun ripmeoffs brother in law, consellor nevermissatrick, who awarded the contract has also stated that the city needs to budget another 86,000,000 baht for the winch to wind in the cabling which has been awarded to his cousins firm stating "we need a special kind of winch, one that works in all kinds of weather and will not tangle the cable"

How many islands are there to be serviced?

How many people have needed evacuation over, say the last 5 years,

to justify this cost?

Any evacuation would be a good exercise for the Royal Thai Airforce........

Sorry, I forgot. The RTAF does not have any planes that fly, just 20 airframes and one engine between them...............

I had a71 ft fiberglass luxury yacht built in Thailand (the hospital boat was also built locally).

So I kind of know what such a beast costs. They do have slightly more powerfull engines then the one I had built, and the so-called hospital equipment onboard.

And a fax machine :o

I would guess around 40 million has gone lost. And thats on the optimistical side!

Probably even more satangs have been lost and as a result the boat is built below standards (pretty much like their roads are being built...)

Heck, building it in the West and importing it into Thailand would not even cost close to 1.8 million US$...

As an example, the following 80ft yacht (not an oversized speedboat but a real luxury yacht with all whistles and bells), Western designed and built in China to very high standards would cost 1.1 million US$ (44 million Thai Baht)

post-4701-1131284603_thumb.jpg

Edited by monty

• 11 months later...