Nice Hotel For Treat In Bkk

Learned

Although I've never stayed there - The Metropolitan look's rather nice. Ebookers have a special on at the moment - starting from £46 a night! :D

http://www.metropolitan.bangkok.como.bz/

http://www.ebookers.com/

What you save you can spend in Nahm restaurant next door:

http://www.metropolitan.bangkok.como.bz/eat-and-drink/nahm

RAZZ

EDIT - All suggestions will be dependent on what part of town you want to stay in :wai:

Edited by RAZZELL

Try looking on www.agoda.com they usually have loads of promotions running and are quite cheap.

I use them all the time

Agreed. They have some nice rooms in The Landmark on Suk Rd for about 2500 THB at the moment. Much cheaper than the hotels own website I believe.

Simon

Looking at your question again...you want a "treat".

Well...anywhere in Lower Suk is really a bit of a dump nowadays :whistling:

I've stayed at 3 of the suggested hotels, The Landmark, President Solitaire and the Majestic Grande.

Would I stay again for a "treat"? Probably not.

Maybe try a riverside hotel like Lebua (stayed there...good value for money) Or Banyan Tree? Shangri-La or The Peninsula (might be a bit OTT budget wise).

Or perhaps city centre like Centara at Central World. All of which have very nice bars, and scenic, ok (but expensive) restaurants.

You might just about get a room at The Sukhothai for 5000 baht a night (booking with who?), the cheapest I can find is £173 a night. Hansar £138.

And again, where does the OP want to stay in BKK?

RAZZ

EDIT - Taking an interest in this thread because I'll be back in BKK with the wife in 6 weeks :D

Edited by RAZZELL

Last time in BKK I stayed at the Sommerset Park at Suanplu. Me and a mate so got a room with 2 bedrooms as it was cheaper. Very nice rooms.

I too am interested in this thread, I may stick with the Sommerset or change if someone has a similar hotel but better (you know what I mean). :D

If you want a 'treat', then I agree with the comments above that a good hotel on Sukhumvit may not be a great idea for such an occasion, although it depends what you plan to do with your time. If you want to be out and enjoying Sukhumvit and Pratunam then clearly a central hotel will be more convenient for you.

However, if you are happy to stay in the hotel and immediate surroundings, then I would recommend down by the river for a more pleasant atmosphere.

You should be able to get a room at the Shangri-La or Marriott for just over THB 5k and the Millenium Hilton for less than this.

Agoda is a good place to start looking for customer reviews and prices and there is also TripAdvisor.

Good luck, and let us know where you end up !

Edited by realfunster