Best Cheesecake In Chiang Mai?

alexpoker

I disagree. Why Not is good - very good actually, but Butter Is Better is exceptionally good. I do not care for the fact that the deserts (including the cheesecake) are way too cold for my taste at Why Not where the deserts at B is B are just right. Plus, the cheesecake tastes so much better at B is B. The owner recently modified the way the cheesecake is prepared which IMHO really makes his cheesecake the best in town,

How can you like the cheesecake at Why Not and then at the same time also like the one at Butter is Better. Its two diff cakes. lol.

Yes, two different cakes. Similar to appreciating two different types of pizza - deep-dish and regular. I like both styles. You find this concept difficult to understand? :blink:

I disagree. Why Not is good - very good actually, but Butter Is Better is exceptionally good. I do not care for the fact that the deserts (including the cheesecake) are way too cold for my taste at Why Not where the deserts at B is B are just right. Plus, the cheesecake tastes so much better at B is B. The owner recently modified the way the cheesecake is prepared which IMHO really makes his cheesecake the best in town,

How can you like the cheesecake at Why Not and then at the same time also like the one at Butter is Better. Its two diff cakes. lol.

Yes, two different cakes. Similar to appreciating two different types of pizza - deep-dish and regular. I like both styles. You find this concept difficult to understand? :blink:

:cheesy:

The cheesecake that I've had in B is B has always been very good, but I don't normally go in there for cheesecake, I go in there because I think they are a great place to eat and I like their food. I might have cheesecake at the end of a meal with coffee sometimes.

However, as this thread is about cheesecake in Chiang Mai (what next?), I would say that B is B cheesecake is very good indeed.

Maybe one day I'll do the cheesecake rounds of Chiang Mai. biggrin.gif

I would say that B is B cheesecake is very good indeed.

And the Op said he was not impressed. He asked for other places, not what people think BisB cakes taste like. And regarding your "what next" question.... :D

Haha yes I do. I dont know anyone who likes both types of pizzas. To each his own I guess.

Anyway I went to Love at first Bite today and the blueberry cheesecake was definately the BEST Ive had in Chiang Mai. The cake itself was very rich and the texture was perfect. The crust was good and not soft or anything. Too bad the portions arent bigger for 95baht per piece.

9/10 - Coulda been 10/10 if not for the price compared to portion size.

Secret recipe. It's a chain and they have a branch at the fourth floor of Airport Plaza.

Sounds to my the same if you say MC Donalds has the best burgers in town.

The New York cheesecake at Secret Recipe is great.

Agreed yes it is a chain, but not in the same class as McD's....

But if you want to be really adventurous Starbucks Mango Cheescake is one of the best. Fluffy,creamy,tasty and a good base. A scrumptious confection ! It may possibly be supplied from Upper Crust. Not sure. Its not like a firmer New York cheescake but they are mostly solid as brick.

Edited by Asmerom

I enjoy the the Waitrose New York Cheese Cake you can pick in the frozen section of any Tops. Regular price ~480 Baht but I got 5 boxes when they where marked down a couple months ago to 269 Baht. Any TV members wants to go in on a group buy and get them straight from the UK for 180 Baht a box :-)

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10309-10001-58424-Waitrose+Cheesecake+New+York.html

Does anyone know where to find the bakeries than supply whole cheesecakes for less than 300 baht? It seems like there not much of a discount given when buying whole cheesecake at a cafe for 500-600 baht as appose to paying 60-75 baht per piece.

But if you want to be really adventurous Starbucks Mango Cheescake is one of the best. Fluffy,creamy,tasty and a good base. A scrumptious confection ! It may possibly be supplied from Upper Crust. Not sure. Its not like a firmer New York cheescake but they are mostly solid as brick.

Yes, Starbucks gets their Mango Cheescake from Upper Crust--I asked them where they get it from.

I enjoy the the Waitrose New York Cheese Cake you can pick in the frozen section of any Tops. Regular price ~480 Baht but I got 5 boxes when they where marked down a couple months ago to 269 Baht. Any TV members wants to go in on a group buy and get them straight from the UK for 180 Baht a box :-)

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10309-10001-58424-Waitrose+Cheesecake+New+York.html

Does anyone know where to find the bakeries than supply whole cheesecakes for less than 300 baht? It seems like there not much of a discount given when buying whole cheesecake at a cafe for 500-600 baht as appose to paying 60-75 baht per piece.

Thanks for that link. Looks interesting. I'll try it from Tops first before ordering (everyone has different tastes).

The Art Cafe's regular creamy cheesecake is good, but I'm not crazy about the fancy ones.

The Mango Cheesecake at Upper Crust is really good, but it is not really cheesecake in my book.

Angel's Secret - on the soi next to the Kafe - has great cheesecake and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The Art Cafe's regular creamy cheesecake is good, but I'm not crazy about the fancy ones.

The Mango Cheesecake at Upper Crust is really good, but it is not really cheesecake in my book.

Angel's Secret - on the soi next to the Kafe - has great cheesecake and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Ordinarily my pat answer for all things pastry is Love at First Bite, but that mango cheesecake at Upper Crust, which you correctly point out, isn't really cheesecake, is one of the more delicious things I've ever eaten here. Closer to an ambrosia pie than cheesecake but dam_n good. And as far as carrot cake is concerned, Sojos had the best I ever tasted. Don't know if the new one out at World Club maintains the same standard.

Edited by serenitynow

Ordinarily my pat answer for all things pastry is Love at First Bite, but that mango cheesecake at Upper Crust, which you correctly point out, isn't really cheesecake, is one of the more delicious things I've ever eaten here. Closer to an ambrosia pie than cheesecake but dam_n good. And as far as carrot cake is concerned, Sojos had the best I ever tasted. Don't know if the new one out at World Club maintains the same standard.

I'm not too far from World Club. Sojos at World club, where would it be, inside the muu baan?

Have to agree with Angel's Secret. Great cheesecake and carrot cake. The carrot cake is the best that I've tasted in CM.

I'm not too far from World Club. Sojos at World club, where would it be, inside the muu baan?

It's across the street from Grace Intl. School. I can't vouch for the food at this location but their old location in the city had uniformly delicious food, both entrees and desserts.

How about Love at First Bite? I loathe cheesecake but theirs looks very nice.

Love at First Bite gets my vote for all things dessertish.

Have to agree. In fact everything at 'Love At First Bite" looks good. My favorites are their Chocolate and Black Forest cakes...getting expensive though.

How about Love at First Bite? I loathe cheesecake but theirs looks very nice.

Love at First Bite gets my vote for all things dessertish.

Have to agree. In fact everything at 'Love At First Bite" looks good. My favorites are their Chocolate and Black Forest cakes...getting expensive though.

Chocolate is NEVER too expensive for me to enjoy ! :D

If you are in front of the M Hotel (Montri) on Moon Muang road and go North with the traffic flow, the Kafe is on a small soi about 1/2 way down the block on the left side. You turn left on to the soi and look for the sign about 50 yards down. It is very small and on the corner of another small soi.

The woman who owns it is named Jo and she loves food and is quite a character.

The OP wrote "The best cheesecake Ive ever had was in NYC or the Cheesecake factory in Vegas. Those cakes I would give 10/10."

There are many different styles of cheesecake. Italian cheesecake is made with ricotta cheese. French cheesecakes are usually made with gelatin as a stabilizer. All unbaked cheesecakes also use gelatin. "New York Cheesecake" or "American Cheesecake" as served in the Cheesecake Factory is made with cream cheese and is baked. there is usually sour cream in it too.

The OP is obviously looking for a New York Cheesecake (I agree that Why Not is pretty close) and will be disappointed in most of the cheesecakes in CM. In my informal survey 90% of the cheesecakes here use gelatin which changes the required texture.

Asking where is the best cheesecake is like asking who has the best sausage. If you're looking for an English breakfast sausage you might get a Thai sausage, a Mexican chorizo, or Sai Ua.