Transporting Bike From Bangkok

chunkylover53

So, I'm going to Pattaya from Bangkok and thought it could be a good oppurtunity to drive to Koh Chang. Last time I posted my bike from Bangkok to Pattaya (driving that leg is really boring and dangerous) using the Thai Post Office - honestly it was hell. They didn't treat the bike well at all, it was missing an indicator light and they had drained all the oil without telling me. I drove off and 500 meteres up the road it conked out and cost a lot in rebuilding.

Are there any decent, private companies that take bikes from bangkok to pataya? Hell, even a pickup truck with straps would be better than the Thai Post office.

what you wll pay for a safe transportation ?

there a a lot of Companies and service station they due it

Not a lot really, I couldn't imagine a 2 hour drive costing a ton?!

Could you point me in a direction? Where can I get quote?

How about putting it on the train .There is at least one train a day to Pattaya .You could go with the bike yourself .

I have driven on motorcycles many times from Pattaya to Ko Chang and i agree that stretch is a lot less hassle .

That sounds like a good idea. Will they take bigger bikes? (Honda 400?) Where do you catch the train from?

Cheers

i would hop on it (to many risks of damage on a train because they just tie ropes around it to everything else in the cargo) ,a 400cc bike would eat up the 120 km between bkk and pattaya

ive even done it on a nouvo elegance 135cc scooter and it took about 2hrs 20 min

its a near straight road most of the way and at least u know ur bike wont be scratched or damaged when u get there + no need to drain the fuel or oil

ive heard some horror stories about somebody who shipped a suzuki gsx-r on the train once ,got it back with a broken brake or clutch lever and in need of a new paint job ............its up to you but for that distance i would certaintly drive there

Why not look at google maps, pick a couple of towns off the main route that look interesting, google them to see if there are any interesting sites, plan it as a day ride, post it on the forum with a weekend date, and you might get some takers to do a group ride. (you can stop in Patts and the others can do the round trip.)

You never know your luck... You may turn what you think is a grind into an enjoyable day out!

Cheers.

Just rent a pickup and driver. That shouldn't be hard to find.

But you are making this 2 hour ride into a complicated endeavor for no reason. Just suck it up and ride it.

Yea, it has been surprisingly hard to find. Couldn't give me a phone number and a name? Nobody can.

Yea, I would love to do a group ride, just not this time. Taking the girlfriend and I'm trying to find a way so she doesn't have to sit pillion :rolleyes:

are you joking??? Not a two hour ride for your gf??? If she wants to go, get her on... If you dont want her to go, drop her off at the bus station...

Or, grab hold of a thai person you or your gf knows, tell them you need to use a pick up.. They will find one when money is involved...

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to wind you up - just hate driving to Pattaya...it's boring, hot, and dangerous. Anyways, I did end up driving and it was hell. Eventually got to Pattaya, parked the bike in front of the lobby & booked in to the hotel. I had a great nights sleep and came out to see my throttle cam had been cut off and stolen (presuming they didn't want me to drive off so they could come and nab it the next night). I spoke to a friendly woman who rented out bikes and her husband drove it off - pulling the throttle cable like a string....nightmare.

Ended up ditching the trip and driving back to bangkok...what fun TiT

But seriously, you guys really don't understand how lame the Bkk - Pattaya drive is?:jap:

But seriously, you guys really don't understand how lame the Bkk - Pattaya drive is?:jap:

Actually, we do! But is it so much worse than other major highways leaving the capital? Going north via Vipawadi-Rangsit and south using Rama 2 aren't exactly fun rides. BangNa-Trat is probably the worst of the bunch though due to the sheer number of 10-wheelers and potholes.

You've been given a lot of good advice on this thread and decided to ignore it.

Edited by RusticCharm

I usually ride to Pattaya / BIRA / Rayong via the 304 to Chachoengsao and then the 315 thru Nong Chak:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Min+buri,+Thailand&daddr=13.63943,101.10272+to:13.3722,101.19523+to:Pattaya+Chon+Buri+Thailand&hl=en&sll=13.375965,100.861505&sspn=1.083507,2.113495&geocode=FYHI0gAdGEsBBinXkYqGVGQdMTEgTuJdsgABAw%3BFQYf0AAdgLQGBilPvo52vT0dMTHgBgWoStgDEw%3BFSgLzAAd3h0IBilbVzxlxS0dMTFAkJmnStgDEw%3BFQxCxQAdDjwDBinj1zFNkpUCMTH_EL2pAfN_qQ&vpsrc=0&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=10&via=1,2&t=m&z=10

It's a really pleasant ride. Adds perhaps 20-30km to your total travel distance but there's little traffic and the roads are in good repair and you'll avoid all the hazards of the Bang Na Trat.

Dunno why anyone chooses to take a bike on the Bang Na Trat highway- that's one of the worst in the country IMO...

Solution is simple, unless of course this bike is a monster like a Harley or a Goldwing..

Pay someone with a pick-up, to take you and the bike...

You could literally find someone on the street that will do this for the right price.. I would be half tempted after my next trip to Bangkok, I could get paid to return to Pattaya :-)