Urgent, Anyone Have Martin Carpenters Phone Number

Goldieinkathu

What happened to you could have happened to a tourist on their first day and here for the first time, or, after living here for 50 years. Either way, in both cases, you have the same rights, which are - ZERO.

If you have been living here for a while, and this is your first and only drama, you are doing well. It was your turn this week, some other expat's turn next week. Take it on the chin and move on. I would also move out, if you are renting, because, if this your security staff, you really have no security at all. Sounds drastic, but better to be safe than sorry.

If you go through with your complaint, what do you think your best scenario is? Even if, and that's a big IF, he does some jail time, his friends and relatives will be after you. This may involve threats, intimidation, assault, planting of drugs on your premises etc, or, if they are cashed up or connected, you may find your visa will not be able to be renewed due to some behind the scene payments to immigration. Just not worth it.

Yes, I know this goes against all good ethics, morals and principles of justice - but then again, we are in Thailand where none of these are allowed to exist for you because you are a farang.

Oh god.

The politically correct squad are out today, let's get wrapped in cotton wool and stay in our villa's.

Stand up and don't be afraid to get even should a confrontation arise.

Get shifty like the locals.

A few options.

1. Move out and return a few weeks later for a sneak attack of your own, he would be too dumb to piece it together as he is a scumbag who probably threatens people on a daily basis.

2. Pay the police to put the fear of god into him if this continues, police are experts in this field and nothing motivates them more than a few thousand baht for a quick side job of menace.

Calling the embassy or consulate does nothing but waste a phone call.

Do as the Thai's do because one thing is for sure, they might discriminate against farangs but not money.

Edited by LivinginKata
Insult to another member removed

Other numbers you may want.

Tourist Police 1155

TOURIST POLICE VOLUNTEERS ON-CALL 24/7

If you need urgent assistance - day or night, please contact the police volunteer nearest to your location or who speaks your language

PATONG:

Andreas Kessler (Andy), English, German and Thai

Mr. Vince Stone, English, French and Thai

Mr. Vijay Kumar (Vinnie), Hindi, English and Thai

Mr. Jafar Ali, English, Hindi, Tamil, Japanese and French

CHALONG:

Mr. Patrick M. Legrain, English, Thai, French, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish

Mrs. Wassana Fongngam, Thai and English

BANG TAO:

Ms. Cim Upananchai, Swedish, Norwegian, English, Danish and Thai

NAITHON:

Mr. Eun Soo (Soo) Kang, Korean, Thai and English

This list is way out of date, only one of these people is still a Volunteer with the Tourist Police. In an emergency, call the Tourist Police Hotline 1155, The Tourist Police Volunteers can be contacted via their website: http://www.phuket-tourist-police-volunteers.com/

This list is way out of date, only one of these people is still a Volunteer with the Tourist Police. In an emergency, call the Tourist Police Hotline 1155, The Tourist Police Volunteers can be contacted via their website: http://www.phuket-tourist-police-volunteers.com/

Agreed. List removed and replaced with website and official numbers.

Oh god.

The politically correct squad are out today, let's get wrapped in cotton wool and stay in our villa's.

Stand up and don't be afraid to get even should a confrontation arise.

Get shifty like the locals.

A few options.

1. Move out and return a few weeks later for a sneak attack of your own, he would be too dumb to piece it together as he is a scumbag who probably threatens people on a daily basis.

2. Pay the police to put the fear of god into him if this continues, police are experts in this field and nothing motivates them more than a few thousand baht for a quick side job of menace.

Calling the embassy or consulate does nothing but waste a phone call.

Do as the Thai's do because one thing is for sure, they might discriminate against farangs but not money.

Great great sound advice, pay the police to intimidate this person and be in their pockets and subjected for demands for more money for the rest of your stay in Thailand, come back and perform a revenge attack whoop whoop advice from a very wise man indeed!! Katasyd for the next British Consul or Aussie Consul or where ever he is from lol

Edited by LivinginKata
quote corrected and response removed

A good reason not to buy a house here, renting gives you the freedom to move very quickly!!

My developer is ready to kill/relocate any dog left loose in the estate..

its not the same everywhere. Pretty sure if i told him a guard burped on me he'd be gone the next minute

Edited by thaiIand

Sad but true we are an uwanted guest in this country

They need us ( purely on a financial front) but hate us

Worked that out after 15 interesting years here

Move if was u and lesson learn

Good luck

You think Thai people hate us? I have never been made to feel any thing other than welcome here, all the Thai people I have come in to contact with are lovely people, even the Police officer who lives in my Soi stops out side my house and shouts "are you okay today" he is a nice guy as are all the other Thai residents where I live, why would any one stay in a country where they believed hate exsisted because of who and where we are from!!

Many here with no back bone. :(

I think it is called self preservation!! if you have a family here then this is a very good reason not to get involved and let what ever has happened go!! don't forget we are not talking about any assault but purely a threat!!

It takes intelligence(thinking about the consequences particularly if you have a family and a braver person to walk away!!

Their are people who dish out the advice, it's so easy to be brave hiding behind your computer...

Edited by kenny999

Many here with no back bone. :(

I think it is called self preservation!! if you have a family here then this is a very good reason not to get involved and let what ever has happened go!! don't forget we are not talking about any assault but purely a threat!!

It takes intelligence(thinking about the consequences particularly if you have a family and a braver person to walk away!!

For you maybe. :rolleyes:, lay low, hide behind a curtain, we are all made differently eh.

A convicted killer pulls a knife on a lady, points to him being a nutter and only a matter of time before he shivs someone, anyone.

Security guard :lol: , my ass, no, a means of earning a few baht. The BiB ''can'' fix it.

For you maybe. :rolleyes:, lay low, hide behind a curtain, we are all made differently eh.

A convicted killer pulls a knife on a lady, points to him being a nutter and only a matter of time before he shivs someone, anyone.

Security guard :lol: , my ass, no, a means of earning a few baht. The BiB ''can'' fix it.

Sorry I do not hide behind curtains, I do not have to lay low because I have never had a problem with the Thai people!! I understand the culture and adaption is a must if you are to live here, the OP knew this man was a convicted murderer who had dogs with him(he is a security guard!! why would any one talk to a known convicted murderer, I think this whole thread is just a trol thread!! actual bodily harm to any of my family from any one would receive a completely different answer from me!!

Great great sound advice, pay the police to intimidate this person and be in their pockets and subjected for demands for more money for the rest of your stay in Thailand, come back and perform a revenge attack whoop whoop advice from a very wise man indeed!! Katasyd for the next British Consul or Aussie Consul or where ever he is from lol

Money is how things are done here, being it from a Thai, African, Arab or a pasty white guy from Australia. Money = results for any race or creed.

Once you realize this, many things can be swung into your favor and that's just the way it is.

Just look at some of the building permits issued and injustices for serious crimes all over Thailand, all paths cleared for the almighty baht.

If it were me in this situation, i go to the local police station and tell them my story and if they come and have a few strong words to the man, i'll donate 3000 baht to the mia noi fund.

A minion security guard on 8 to 10k a month doesn't have means to get even with you and won't dare look at you once he has had a face to face warning from the BIB.

It shows your not messing around and have adapted to the Thai way of justice.

He would be saluting you next time you pass.

Money is how things are done here, being it from a Thai, African, Arab or a pasty white guy from Australia. Money = results for any race or creed.

Once you realize this, many things can be swung into your favor and that's just the way it is.

Just look at some of the building permits issued and injustices for serious crimes all over Thailand, all paths cleared for the almighty baht.

If it were me in this situation, i go to the local police station and tell them my story and if they come and have a few strong words to the man, i'll donate 3000 baht to the mia noi fund.

A minion security guard on 8 to 10k a month doesn't have means to get even with you and won't dare look at you once he has had a face to face warning from the BIB.

It shows your not messing around and have adapted to the Thai way of justice.

He would be saluting you next time you pass.

Your advice and explanation is a lot better than the last time, this is more understandable and doable, if I were in this Lady's situation this is what I would consider doing as well!!