Son Of London Deputy Mayor Dies After Full Moon Party

Lite Beer

'jimbeam1' timestamp='1316402766' post='4707107'

The fact as to who this chaps father is the only reason that his body was released, back to the UK for a second autopsy. So why not stop this mindless drivle until you have some facts.

You for sure have not been around much if you think that bodies of farang are released all the time to families and flown home. It is a fact that many are cremated before the family even have the opportunity to fly out for the funeral.

Again, you are incorrect on how non-Thais bodies are handled in Thailand. Certainly here, as well as in many other parts of the world, mistakes happen but baring this the family always has the right to take the body home and have an autopsy done. The embassy is involved when a foreigner dies and it is they who contact the family back home if there is no family here in Thailand. They don't and can't just cremate bodies of foreigners (or Thais) at will without speaking or reasonably attempting to contact family first. If funerals happen before the family has a chance to come out then that blame is on the embassy ... but you are also mistaken if you believe Thailand is in the habit of paying for cremations and funerals of foreigners when they don't have to.

I really do not have the inclanation to check back. But I seem to remember that some time last year someone died on Phuket and the authoriteis cremated the body without consulting the next of kin. As for the Embassy getting involved for sure the British Embassy do nothing for the normal British tourist. You do make me laugh though, when you say " reasonably attempting to contact the family first. Then you state that if the funeral happens before the family come out bla bla bla so who do you suggest pays for the funeral. If you could possibly see Thailand trough anything other than those beautiful Dame Edna rose coloured specs you would realise that the cost of an cremation is nothing if you are trying to cover up something.

Now i really am finding this conversation akin to watching paint dry. so goodbye :coffee1:

jb1

I have read on here also about farang bodies being cremated before the families knew anything about it. The story about the unexplained deaths in the Chiangmai hotel earlier this yr springs to mind. The body of one victim was at least was cremated before the family had a chance or even conducting a full autopsy back home.

I'll tell you one thing.

The Samui hospitals do NOT let the bodies out till the bills are paid by family. I know of one guy who spent 3+ months in the freezer after a bike accident, because his family back home was too dysfunctional to pay the tab, as it grew 600baht a day for cold storage.

After many months of no claim they might go to a potters field or medical research, after notice to the relevant consulate.

There is nothing dodgy happening to dead tourists on K. Phagnan, it is too small a world to keep much quiet. How they die is usually quite too trumpeted about, I know because a friend's lady died there.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what has the picture of the prison got to do with a death of someone that has reported to have died from a medical condition and the person carrying a cli board with drugs menu.

anyone could be behinde that picture. i could write a menu and get someone to take a picture of it.

Those pictures were aimed to put a bad picture on the full moon marty when the party islef seems like it was not to blame.

So why gove bad press when bad behavier from the full moon ws not to blame infact no behavier from fulll moon was to blame.

i am sorry fro the loss but if he died from a medical condition then those picture are a mis interpritation of the inccodent

The author already admitted in this thread that the newspaper asked for some drivel about the full-moon party, and he obliged. Not exactly responsible journalism, but I guess he needed the money so much that ethics got thrown out the window.

I wonder what newspaper that was. I only found one newspaper that picked this up and attributed him as a co-author and it didn't include all the "drivel" about rapes, murders, muggings or a picture of an alleged drug dealer with a sign advertising his menu ... http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Certainly the paper could have chose to not use these things after their request or certainly possible this is not the newspaper he mentioned requesting the info. I just am going by news reports I've seen about this via a google search.

I was referring to post #37 in this thread: http://www.thaivisa....49#entry4705349

Quote:

"I do not have a modus operandi. It depends on the story. Having been informed that the death occured after a full moon party on Koh Phangnan the newspaper also wanted copy on what happens at these full moon parties."

Indeed he does not specify the newspaper.

I have read on here also about farang bodies being cremated before the families knew anything about it. The story about the unexplained deaths in the Chiangmai hotel earlier this yr springs to mind. The body of one victim was at least was cremated before the family had a chance or even conducting a full autopsy back home.

Which one was that? I'm pretty familiar with the story and the only recollection I have that comes close to this is the Canadian whose friend said they had him cremated here because he was a Buddhist but I don't recall anyone complaining from the family that no family gave approval. As I stated, these mistakes happen all over but it is absolutely incorrect to imply Thailand has regularly cremates bodies of foreigners without approval from the embassy or family or to say the only reason this body was released and sent back to the UK was because this was a politician ... the comment would be somewhat true if it was said because they had money because it is not at all cheap to have this done.

Bottom line is the embassy needs to be informed of the death and it is their responsibility to notify next of kin and pass the information on to authorities of what should happen with the deceased.

Which one was that? I'm pretty familiar with the story and the only recollection I have that comes close to this is the Canadian whose friend said they had him cremated here because he was a Buddhist but I don't recall anyone complaining from the family that no family gave approval. As I stated, these mistakes happen all over but it is absolutely incorrect to imply Thailand has regularly cremates bodies of foreigners without approval from the embassy or family or to say the only reason this body was released and sent back to the UK was because this was a politician ... the comment would be somewhat true if it was said because they had money because it is not at all cheap to have this done.

Bottom line is the embassy needs to be informed of the death and it is their responsibility to notify next of kin and pass the information on to authorities of what should happen with the deceased.

I can't say I have heard of this either. There was a young English guy who died in a car accident on the island quite a few years ago and his body sat in the refrigerated morgue for more than a month while the family took their time making arrangements. Only reason I knew about it was because his landlady was concerned that the family may not have been notified and asked me to help, so I emailed the UK Embassy and they were aware of his death, and had informed the family. Guess the family (who had money btw) couldn't be bothered by the fact their 23 year old son's body need repatriating.

Every foreign death I have personally heard of on the island have involved the police and the Embassy of the person involved.