Son Of London Deputy Mayor Dies After Full Moon Party

Lite Beer

Be interesting to see if there is an autopsy done here in Thailand as I believe needs to be done by law. If he is sent back to the UK then I suspect there isn't any law saying there needs to be an autopsy there given the suspicious death happened in Thailand.

What part of an Post Mortem was carried out on the near by Island of Koh Samui is it that you don't understand?

Thanks, I Obviously missed that line among this rather long article that says nothing even remotely factual about the cause of death or even a hint as to the cause of death from any medical professional.

I also recall a comment about there mentioning an autopsy is expected to be conducted in the UK. I guess that will be a second one ... maybe the folks didn't like the results of the first one and this is part of the reason for not releasing the cause of death, if it was determined as of yet. But one would think if he died of a undiagnosed illness then they wouldn't be making speculative statements and rather point to the findings in the autopsy.

But this is all speculation and simple curiosity since I can find no dates given as to when the parents made those comments, when the autopsy took place or even the date of when he died beyond it being after a full moon. The only other references to a time frame is it says the police made a statement about his death "today" and the article was written yesterday the 17th and that they were making plans to get the body back to the UK "yesterday" (Friday).

I guess the "when" in "who, what, where, when and how" of a journalism got forgot in the more important need to speak of rapes, assaults and robberies on the Island.

<deleted> it is all speculation. All you are doing is speculating, then arguing the point of your speculation. The same as others. It is all BS. The findings of the autopsies will only be published when and if the relavent authoritise decide that they should be made public.

In the mean time a young man has died. RIP

jb1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be interesting to see if there is an autopsy done here in Thailand as I believe needs to be done by law. If he is sent back to the UK then I suspect there isn't any law saying there needs to be an autopsy there given the suspicious death happened in Thailand.

What part of an Post Mortem was carried out on the near by Island of Koh Samui is it that you don't understand?

Thanks, I Obviously missed that line among this rather long article that says nothing even remotely factual about the cause of death or even a hint as to the cause of death from any medical professional.

I also recall a comment about there mentioning an autopsy is expected to be conducted in the UK. I guess that will be a second one ... maybe the folks didn't like the results of the first one and this is part of the reason for not releasing the cause of death, if it was determined as of yet. But one would think if he died of a undiagnosed illness then they wouldn't be making speculative statements and rather point to the findings in the autopsy.

But this is all speculation and simple curiosity since I can find no dates given as to when the parents made those comments, when the autopsy took place or even the date of when he died beyond it being after a full moon. The only other references to a time frame is it says the police made a statement about his death "today" and the article was written yesterday the 17th and that they were making plans to get the body back to the UK "yesterday" (Friday).

I guess the "when" in "who, what, where, when and how" of a journalism got forgot in the more important need to speak of rapes, assaults and robberies on the Island.

<deleted> it is all speculation. All you are doing is speculating, then arguing the point of your speculation. The same as others. It is all BS. The findings of the autopsies will only be published when and if the relavent authoritise decide that they should be made public.

jb1

What part of "this is all speculation and simple curiosity" did you not understand?

Why are you getting your panties all in a bunch? This is a forum where people express opinions, ideas, thoughts and speculation to name a few things. Sometimes we do this on topics that are tragic. It is sad this young man died (as is the many other deaths in the world daily) but his father is a politician ,,, had he not been it would not have made the news. Nothing wrong with speculation as long as one is clear it is speculation.

Edit: not releasing autopsy results publicly is much different than holding back information from the family.

Edited by Nisa

jb1

What part of "this is all speculation and simple curiosity" did you not understand?

Why are you getting your panties all in a bunch? This is a forum where people express opinions, ideas, thoughts and speculation to name a few things. Sometimes we do this on topics that are tragic. It is sad this young man died (as is the many other deaths in the world daily) but his father is a politician ,,, had he not been it would not have made the news. Nothing wrong with speculation as long as one is clear it is speculation.

Edit: not releasing autopsy results publicly is much different than holding back information from the family.

I do understand all of, this is all speculation and simple curosity. Opinions are different to idle, hurtful and meaningness speculation. A young man has died, it matters not that his father is a politician and you are so very wrong this case would have made the news as so many have in the past and recent past.

As for not releasing autopsy results that is a thing Thailand is famous for. The fact as to who this chaps father is the only reason that his body was released, back to the UK for a second autopsy. So why not stop this mindless drivle until you have some facts. But still if you re able try to remember that this young man has family.

Oh by the way Duckie I don't wear panties. They are for ladies or those who think they are? :giggle:

jb1

"Every picture tells a story"

To me the photo's in this article say more about Andrew Drummond than the FMP...

Sensationalist crap from a no talented hack - why do people get sucked in so easily?

And to the poster who mentioned 6-10 deaths at every FMP (only known by locals) - where do you get this info from? :redcard1: Go back to your :burp:...

I have no problem with people who like FMPs. But you guys who think that anyone who goes there will like it and anyone who says anything negative about them have never been to one and don't know anything about know about "partying having a good time and generally living life"...that's just stupid -- and as bigoted as the people you are describing

I spent YEARS partying in SEA, starting 30 years ago. I've done it to the max up to, including and surpassing the FMP (in the very early days and again years later). And guess what? I don't like them. Too crowded, music that has zero appeal to me (I'm not going to get into an argument about something as subjective as musical taste but that electronic one-beat stuff does nothing for me and for partying I need Hip Hop or Reggae or something with some melody) and too many dreadlocked, fisherman pants posers...

I'm not saying I think it odd or out of order that you and many others like it. But if's really foolish of you to think that everyone must or there's something wrong with them.

I too spent years partying three times per week, getting up in the morning and being fit for work. Over the years I had to limit it to the weekends and at one stage, I suddeny found the music too loud and didn't enjoy it any more. This is especially true about techno music which I found really great when it first became popular. Like you, I now prefer hip hop.

I have nothing against "fisherman pant posers", I was a backpacker myself. today, I wouldn't be caught in such pants.

What I'm saying is: We are getting older, and that's OK. Those who are still partying are younger, let them listen to the music they like (they wouldn't come if they didn't like techno) and wear the clothes they want.

I agree with the poster who said that the FMP is a celebration of life, and that it is much safer than many a football game.

Tom surely you can see that nowhere did I say or imply that I would disagree with the bolded part. Indeed I explicitly said otherwise and I completely agree with you there.

I merely mentioned why I didn't/don;t like FMPs and pointed out that doesn't mean I've never been to one of am "jealous" or "don't know anything about partying having a good time and generally living life".

PS: I was a backpacker too -- before Khao San and dreadlocks. And I've looked plenty foolish in my youth. But I was always put off by (otherwise perfectly nice and harmless) people who thought they were nonconformists and living an alternative lifestyle while wearing a uniform and doing exactly the same stuff as all the other "nonconformists" -- and even worse, so often have the audacity to look askance at others who didn't follow their crowd.

I have no problem with people who like FMPs. But you guys who think that anyone who goes there will like it and anyone who says anything negative about them have never been to one and don't know anything about know about "partying having a good time and generally living life"...that's just stupid -- and as bigoted as the people you are describing

I spent YEARS partying in SEA, starting 30 years ago. I've done it to the max up to, including and surpassing the FMP (in the very early days and again years later). And guess what? I don't like them. Too crowded, music that has zero appeal to me (I'm not going to get into an argument about something as subjective as musical taste but that electronic one-beat stuff does nothing for me and for partying I need Hip Hop or Reggae or something with some melody) and too many dreadlocked, fisherman pants posers...

I'm not saying I think it odd or out of order that you and many others like it. But if's really foolish of you to think that everyone must or there's something wrong with them.

I too spent years partying three times per week, getting up in the morning and being fit for work. Over the years I had to limit it to the weekends and at one stage, I suddeny found the music too loud and didn't enjoy it any more. This is especially true about techno music which I found really great when it first became popular. Like you, I now prefer hip hop.

I have nothing against "fisherman pant posers", I was a backpacker myself. today, I wouldn't be caught in such pants.

What I'm saying is: We are getting older, and that's OK. Those who are still partying are younger, let them listen to the music they like (they wouldn't come if they didn't like techno) and wear the clothes they want.

I agree with the poster who said that the FMP is a celebration of life, and that it is much safer than many a football game.

But I was always put off by (otherwise perfectly nice and harmless) people who thought they were nonconformists and living an alternative lifestyle while wearing a uniform and doing exactly the same stuff as all the other "nonconformists" -- and even worse, so often have the audacity to look askance at others who didn't follow their crowd.

haha, very nicely put and i totally agree!!!

sums up quite a lot of backpackers

A Britt dies in Thailand likely because of his over indulgence and we have to read a story that largely talks negatively about the area of Thailand where he died.

All nations have certain quirks in their culture but is not taking responsibility for ones own actions and/or needing to lay blame on others a common trait among the Britts?

This is nothing to do with cultural quirks.

As the British FCO warns about the dangers of Full Moon parties these warnings should be heeded. But as few people probably check travel advisories it is responsible to include them in a news story.

The Thai authorities are already more than fully aware as they are dealing with the problems first hand.

What are you saying the late Mr. Lister should take responsibility for? It is possible but it is by no means proven that he overindulged. It may be something entirely different.

Indeed. The article says he died the night after the Full Moon Party, and it is not even clear that drugs, or his behaviour or consumption during the party, had anything to do with it. RIP.

Not sure why the Full Moon Party is mentioned in such detail, suggesting that it is the party's fault somehow... Of course, what I heard about it is Sodom and Ghomorra, but nobody is forced to attend or iindulge, it's all voluntary. The dangers are well known. Other people like to put themselves into other dangerous situations, such as attempting to climb Mount Everest, or jumping with their motorbikes over 12 burning cars, or going into a jungle were nobody can protect them from wild animals. Other young people drink 24 hours a day at Ballermann beach of Mallorca. I believe everybody has the right to choose their own dangerous situations.

When reading the article I had a bit of a feeling that the author was seizing this unfortunate death as a means to condemn Thailand somehow by putting the blame on the party.

That's rather a tad selfish, is it not, to suggest that "everybody has the right to choose their own dangerous situations"?

I could agree were it not for the fact that most people then expect somebody to come along and put things right when those dangerous situations go badly wrong.

Think how much time and resource is being wasted by the Samui hospital authorities on those irresponsible farang backpackers at the full-moon parties. I would much rather see scare hospital resources spent on genuinely ill people, just to give one example.

Though Brits don't recognize 'alcohol poisoning' as a medical condition, as it's so prevalent in their culture, indeed in most cultures, including Thailand's. 'Can't see the forest for the trees' - fits the scenario.

Can't speak to your first question, as I'm not British, but...

Sorry to hear the kid died, but maybe it's a wake-up call to Brits and Thais and others who drink too much, that alcohol kills. Meanwhile, hemp (which is harmless) is classified as a Class 5 illegal drug and can land you in jail (in the US and Thailand), yet 40% alcohol moonshine is sold in every mom and pop shop in Thailand.

Really ??

... regarding the availability of strong moonshine: yes, it is readily available. The bottle in the attached images was purchased at a small liquor store, although I can't recall if it was a chain or a mom 'n pop shop.

The blue and red label on the bottle in the pictures attached reads "Suraa 40 Degree" (40 degree liquor) across the top, and the paper seal over the bottle cap says "40 degrees, 0.625 liters" in Thai. According to my <sarcasm>extensive research on the subject</sarcasm> (read: casual Google searching), "degree" in Thai means percent alcohol by volume, in the context of liquor (as opposed to alcohol proof).

That is, assuming you can trust the labeling on liquor bottles in Thailand... :whistling:

post-22359-0-26329700-1316414381_thumb.j

post-22359-0-79603000-1316414408_thumb.j

Edited by oevna

&lt;deleted&gt; it is all speculation. All you are doing is speculating, then arguing the point of your speculation. The same as others. It is all BS. The findings of the autopsies will only be published when and if the relavent authoritise decide that they should be made public.

jb1

I do understand all of, this is all speculation and simple curosity. Opinions are different to idle, hurtful and meaningness speculation. A young man has died, it matters not that his father is a politician and you are so very wrong this case would have made the news as so many have in the past and recent past.

As for not releasing autopsy results that is a thing Thailand is famous for. The fact as to who this chaps father is the only reason that his body was released, back to the UK for a second autopsy. So why not stop this mindless drivle until you have some facts. But still if you re able try to remember that this young man has family.

Oh by the way Duckie I don't wear panties. They are for ladies or those who think they are? :giggle:

jb1

Again, there is no reason to get your panties in a bunch. You've been around for a while, do you really expect every post here to be a condolence? This is simply another sad news story where none of us (that I know of) know the person who died. He is simply part of a news story. While sad that he died to young, this is not a condolence forum and you should find another way to deal with your emotions. I did nothing absolutely nothing wrong or out of the ordinary in my post and it seems obvious you have an issue about something else.

Also, there is a difference between publicly releasing autopsy results and informing the family of the cause or the preliminary suspected cause of death.

As for the body being released because he is the son of a politician ... this is absolutely absurd. Bodies are release all the time to farang families and flown to their home country where another autopsy can be requested ... especially if there is unanswered questions. Such a statement goes beyond speculation and is simply stating false information as fact.

Edited by Nisa

A Britt dies in Thailand likely because of his over indulgence and we have to read a story that largely talks negatively about the area of Thailand where he died.

All nations have certain quirks in their culture but is not taking responsibility for ones own actions and/or needing to lay blame on others a common trait among the Britts?

As the British FCO warns about the dangers of Full Moon parties these warnings should be heeded. But as few people probably check travel advisories it is responsible to include them in a news story.

The Thai authorities are already more than fully aware as they are dealing with the problems first hand.

What are you saying the late Mr. Lister should take responsibility for? It is possible but it is by no means proven that he overindulged. It may be something entirely different.

If it had happened in Pattaya, it would have been suicide !

Indeed. The article says he died the night after the Full Moon Party, and it is not even clear that drugs, or his behaviour or consumption during the party, had anything to do with it. RIP.

Not sure why the Full Moon Party is mentioned in such detail, suggesting that it is the party's fault somehow... Of course, what I heard about it is Sodom and Ghomorra, but nobody is forced to attend or iindulge, it's all voluntary. The dangers are well known. Other people like to put themselves into other dangerous situations, such as attempting to climb Mount Everest, or jumping with their motorbikes over 12 burning cars, or going into a jungle were nobody can protect them from wild animals. Other young people drink 24 hours a day at Ballermann beach of Mallorca. I believe everybody has the right to choose their own dangerous situations.

When reading the article I had a bit of a feeling that the author was seizing this unfortunate death as a means to condemn Thailand somehow by putting the blame on the party.

That's rather a tad selfish, is it not, to suggest that "everybody has the right to choose their own dangerous situations"?

I could agree were it not for the fact that most people then expect somebody to come along and put things right when those dangerous situations go badly wrong.

Think how much time and resource is being wasted by the Samui hospital authorities on those irresponsible farang backpackers at the full-moon parties. I would much rather see scare hospital resources spent on genuinely ill people, just to give one example.

Don't you worry about that..................The travel insurance will be stung !

700bht for an E? outrageous!

i never seen a guy as blatant as that at the full moon party!

Oh come on ... it is not like on the island they are aware of the harsh drug dealing laws in Thailand which includes the death penalty for drug trafficking. It only makes sense that somebody would be waiving a sign they were not just a drug drug dealer but also smiling for the camera in case any proof was ever needed.

Somehow I question if this gentleman has approved his picture to be used in such an article and insinuating he is an actual drug dealer when this may very well have been a joke picture .... actually I would think he would disapprove more if he was a drug dealer. laugh.gif

Edited by Nisa

700bht for an E? outrageous!

i never seen a guy as blatant as that at the full moon party!

Oh come on ... it is not like on the island they are aware of the harsh drug dealing laws in Thailand which includes the death penalty for drug trafficking. It only makes sense that somebody would be waiving a sign they were not just a drug drug dealer but also smiling for the camera in case any proof was ever needed.

Somehow I question if this gentleman has approved his picture to be used in such an article and insinuating he is an actual drug dealer when this may very well have been a joke picture .... actually I would think he would disapprove more if he was a drug dealer. laugh.gif

Hope the first part of your post is an attempt at irony or sarcasm. Otherwise, perhaps its best to refrain from posting when you have no knowledge of what locals may or may not know.

As for the sign, it is clearly years old and has no relevance to the story at hand

I normally find Andrew Drummond reports informative and well written, but this is just rubbish. Having been the full moon party a number of times I can say it is not a free for all drug party. Sure, some people take drugs there but most don't, there is a police presence and people do get arrested. I can only think that the guy holding the substances for sale sign is an isolated incident not even on the same night as the young man died and only used for effect to back up the writers attempt the paint the full moon party as a drug fuelled craze. He could of at least waited until the course of death had been confirmed.

it sounds a fun place (quote from source article at link)

The police station would be chaotic with desk officers struggling to understand drunken Brits who've been mugged, had possessions stolen or who've been attacked, or trying to trace missing friends.

‘In the cells would be party-goers caught with drugs imprisoned in open cage before being transported into town.

“Private, Samui-based hospitals would set up camp on the beach, dealing with disorientated, dehydrated and drunk party-goers - some vomiting and barely conscious.

“Drunken Brits (from those buckets of cocktails would be wandering into the sea, at risk from drowning.

Sure but who among us wouldn't have probably done the same thing when we were their age? Perhaps not to the same excess but many of TV reader can relate to the excesses of youth in this story.

I normally find Andrew Drummond reports informative and well written, but this is just rubbish. Having been the full moon party a number of times I can say it is not a free for all drug party. Sure, some people take drugs there but most don't, there is a police presence and people do get arrested. I can only think that the guy holding the substances for sale sign is an isolated incident not even on the same night as the young man died and only used for effect to back up the writers attempt the paint the full moon party as a drug fuelled craze. He could of at least waited until the course of death had been confirmed.

Well put. Confusing piece of rubbish of a story, with, I suppose unrelated Images that nobody knows what their about /

jb1

Again, there is no reason to get your panties in a bunch. You've been around for a while, do you really expect every post here to be a condolence? This is simply another sad news story where none of us (that I know of) know the person who died. He is simply part of a news story. While sad that he died to young, this is not a condolence forum and you should find another way to deal with your emotions. I did nothing absolutely nothing wrong or out of the ordinary in my post and it seems obvious you have an issue about something else.

Also, there is a difference between publicly releasing autopsy results and informing the family of the cause or the preliminary suspected cause of death.

As for the body being released because he is the son of a politician ... this is absolutely absurd. Bodies are release all the time to farang families and flown to their home country where another autopsy can be requested ... especially if there is unanswered questions. Such a statement goes beyond speculation and is simply stating false information as fact.

I repeat duckie panties are for ladies or those that think they are. Whilst to some yes he is just a news story. To others he is/was a much loved one who has tragically died. It does not need someone who has their head stuck well and truly where the sun doesn't shine, to speculate and make insensative comments about something that they do not have the full details.

You for sure have not been around much if you think that bodies of farang are released all the time to families and flown home. It is a fact that many are cremated before the family even have the opportunity to fly out for the funeral.

good night and goodbye

jb1

The fact as to who this chaps father is the only reason that his body was released, back to the UK for a second autopsy. So why not stop this mindless drivle until you have some facts.

You for sure have not been around much if you think that bodies of farang are released all the time to families and flown home. It is a fact that many are cremated before the family even have the opportunity to fly out for the funeral.

Again, you are incorrect on how non-Thais bodies are handled in Thailand. Certainly here, as well as in many other parts of the world, mistakes happen but baring this the family always has the right to take the body home and have an autopsy done. The embassy is involved when a foreigner dies and it is they who contact the family back home if there is no family here in Thailand. They don't and can't just cremate bodies of foreigners (or Thais) at will without speaking or reasonably attempting to contact family first. If funerals happen before the family has a chance to come out then that blame is on the embassy ... but you are also mistaken if you believe Thailand is in the habit of paying for cremations and funerals of foreigners when they don't have to.

I do not think for a moment that the Samui hospital wastes any resources. I believe they are a highly profitable enterprise. I can imagine that they are perfectly happy to take care of these irresponsible farangs with foreign health or travel insurance you mention. I think you are a bit blue-eyed about the financial aspects of today's health-care industry.

Let me ask you one question: How old are you?

But I was always put off by (otherwise perfectly nice and harmless) people who thought they were nonconformists and living an alternative lifestyle while wearing a uniform and doing exactly the same stuff as all the other "nonconformists" -- and even worse, so often have the audacity to look askance at others who didn't follow their crowd.

haha, very nicely put and i totally agree!!!

sums up quite a lot of backpackers

True! That was one of the things why I liked the movie "The Beach". Self-declared non-conformists didn't conform to the mainstream society's norms but had established their own. Violation was punished even harder than in the mainstream society. The movie takes it to the extreme, though.

what has the picture of the prison got to do with a death of someone that has reported to have died from a medical condition and the person carrying a cli board with drugs menu.

anyone could be behinde that picture. i could write a menu and get someone to take a picture of it.

Those pictures were aimed to put a bad picture on the full moon marty when the party islef seems like it was not to blame.

So why gove bad press when bad behavier from the full moon ws not to blame infact no behavier from fulll moon was to blame.

i am sorry fro the loss but if he died from a medical condition then those picture are a mis interpritation of the inccodent

The author already admitted in this thread that the newspaper asked for some drivel about the full-moon party, and he obliged. Not exactly responsible journalism, but I guess he needed the money so much that ethics got thrown out the window.

The fact as to who this chaps father is the only reason that his body was released, back to the UK for a second autopsy. So why not stop this mindless drivle until you have some facts.

Again, you are incorrect on how non-Thais bodies are handled in Thailand. Certainly here, as well as in many other parts of the world, mistakes happen but baring this the family always has the right to take the body home and have an autopsy done. The embassy is involved when a foreigner dies and it is they who contact the family back home if there is no family here in Thailand. They don't and can't just cremate bodies of foreigners (or Thais) at will without speaking or reasonably attempting to contact family first. If funerals happen before the family has a chance to come out then that blame is on the embassy ... but you are also mistaken if you believe Thailand is in the habit of paying for cremations and funerals of foreigners when they don't have to.

I really do not have the inclanation to check back. But I seem to remember that some time last year someone died on Phuket and the authoriteis cremated the body without consulting the next of kin. As for the Embassy getting involved for sure the British Embassy do nothing for the normal British tourist. You do make me laugh though, when you say " reasonably attempting to contact the family first. Then you state that if the funeral happens before the family come out bla bla bla so who do you suggest pays for the funeral. If you could possibly see Thailand trough anything other than those beautiful Dame Edna rose coloured specs you would realise that the cost of an cremation is nothing if you are trying to cover up something.

Now i really am finding this conversation akin to watching paint dry. so goodbye :coffee1:

jb1

I really do not have the inclanation to check back. But I seem to remember that some time last year someone died on Phuket and the authoriteis cremated the body without consulting the next of kin. As for the Embassy getting involved for sure the British Embassy do nothing for the normal British tourist. You do make me laugh though, when you say " reasonably attempting to contact the family first. Then you state that if the funeral happens before the family come out bla bla bla so who do you suggest pays for the funeral. If you could possibly see Thailand trough anything other than those beautiful Dame Edna rose coloured specs you would realise that the cost of an cremation is nothing if you are trying to cover up something.

Now i really am finding this conversation akin to watching paint dry. so goodbye :coffee1:

jb1

Point is your semi-recalling 1 incident that you won't source doesn't at all help you to back up the above incorrect claims about Thailand by you.

http://www.windowonl...ional_death.htm

http://www.thaivisa....ed-in-thailand/

In the case of any death of a foreigner in Thailand the relevant Embassy must be informed as soon as possible. It is up to the next of kin to decide how the body is disposed or if the body will be taken back to its home.

Edited by Nisa

what has the picture of the prison got to do with a death of someone that has reported to have died from a medical condition and the person carrying a cli board with drugs menu.

anyone could be behinde that picture. i could write a menu and get someone to take a picture of it.

Those pictures were aimed to put a bad picture on the full moon marty when the party islef seems like it was not to blame.

So why gove bad press when bad behavier from the full moon ws not to blame infact no behavier from fulll moon was to blame.

i am sorry fro the loss but if he died from a medical condition then those picture are a mis interpritation of the inccodent

The author already admitted in this thread that the newspaper asked for some drivel about the full-moon party, and he obliged. Not exactly responsible journalism, but I guess he needed the money so much that ethics got thrown out the window.

I wonder what newspaper that was. I only found one newspaper that picked this up and attributed him as a co-author and it didn't include all the "drivel" about rapes, murders, muggings or a picture of an alleged drug dealer with a sign advertising his menu ... http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Certainly the paper could have chose to not use these things after their request or certainly possible this is not the newspaper he mentioned requesting the info. I just am going by news reports I've seen about this via a google search.

Edited by Nisa

jb1

Point is your semi-recalling 1 incident that you won't source doesn't at all help you to back up the above incorrect claims about Thailand by you.

http://www.windowonl...ional_death.htm

http://www.thaivisa....ed-in-thailand/

In the case of any death of a foreigner in Thailand the relevant Embassy must be informed as soon as possible. It is up to the next of kin to decide how the body is disposed or if the body will be taken back to its home.

Gone fishing

jb1

jb1

I have read on here also about farang bodies being cremated before the families knew anything about it. The story about the unexplained deaths in the Chiangmai hotel earlier this yr springs to mind. The body of one victim was at least was cremated before the family had a chance or even conducting a full autopsy back home.

Most people stay out all night drinking at the party. There is even after parties that start on the morning of the day after.

Nobody is pouring alcohol down the party-goers throats or forcing them to attend. Its called personal responsibility for one's own behavior.

And nobody really knows why this young man died, it could have been many things, including the possibility of natural causes. Until there is evidence, needless speculation as to cause of death can only contribute to the pain of the family if they find this thread. It's a sad thing for his family, and they must feel the loss terribly.

Well said.

Agreed 100%.

No one considers that many thousands of people ALSO go to full moon party and go home no worse for wear other than the hangover.

Some are total non drinkers, but dance fanatics too. Comes down to personal responsibility as SBK said.

Edited by animatic