Trafic Safety!

brianmarinus

Brian, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Don't use the address bar link on Picasa, go properties on the picture in picasa and copy the link there :)

Baby in a bucket is one of my favourite photos of asian riding

260056_1388702495509_1770480280_624702_6373239_n.jpg

Edited by Garry

Brian, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Don't use the address bar link on Picasa, go properties on the picture in picasa and copy the link there :)

Nice on Garry.

The photo reminds us of our emergency flight to Bali, we saw all these motor cycles with all the family on it.

Thought that they would have a accident but no one did. :)

Photoshop. :whistling:

Okay, prove it and make us all aware

been around a while and used on this forum previously; google: hoax baby bucket motorbike

one-bike-eight-people-31.jpgone-bike-eight-people-4.jpg

"Baby in bucket" or not, there are still 7 people on that bike (plus baby in the sling at the back) ...??!? That's got to be unsafe?! Surely....?

But if it's been around for a while; who cares right?! :o)

Maybe we should have a competition to see how many people we can get on the back of a bike soon...?

The photo doesn't really do it justice but this truck was packed with kids, in the back and in the cab.

Taken near Loei.

IMG_1440.JPG

At least the songthaew (pickup bus) has a gate at the rear. That's a huge improvement from kids standing up on the rear step.

It continues to amaze me that with all the safety the more developed countries throw at us that seat-belts on regular busses is not compulsory (i.e. greyhound in the US / national express in the UK).

There are however practical limitations to the levels of safety which can be applied to the safety of transport in any country, a family still need to get to places. A balance of common sense and logical application of laws could prevent some of the major disasters we read about. Vehicle maintenance and driver education should be at the forefront.

^ the kids in the pickup - where we were in Sa Kaeo, one day the pickup had a puncture near the house and so it was 'everyone out' - 22 kids and the driver, though at a push expect they could have crammed a few more in!

The driver of one of the school pickup runs was an ex-teacher, he made more money transporting kids 4hrs a day than he did teaching.

I've been on the back-plate quite a few times - hold on tight.

Two more ... the second one of the three-wheeler motorbike not an overcrowding situation, had visions of him 'accidentally' braking suddenly and sending the wife off on to the road. "Sorry, dear . . ."

Two other threads on this topic in recent weeks

What Are Family’S Thinking When They Travel On A Motorbike

They Are Completely Mad-They Really Really Are.....

Edited by Atmos

Garry said: Thanks Atmos,

To be honest I'm kind of happy that it was a photoshop. Worried me that someone would do that :)

I think that the fact that most of them had coats on and the baby appeared to be naked was a give away.

I've seen the pic before as well and had serious doubts about it's authenticity.

I think that the fact that most of them had coats on and the baby appeared to be naked was a give away.

I've seen the pic before as well and had serious doubts about it's authenticity.

.....as was how small the rest of his body and legs would need to have been to fit in that bucket of course.

That said, I don't doubt that there have actually been more people on a motorbike at some point in Thailand with probably most of them carrying either an umbrella or a dog also

No one had claimed that this is real-but nice to se how you guys can get up from the wheel chair.

I have seen,often 4 and 5 people on such a bike,not to mention the pick-ups,no need to question, why it often went so bad, when they have an accident.

Nice to se you are alive in here....5555