What Are Family’S Thinking When They Travel On A Motorbike.

kenny999

Cool Socks.:D

Yeah !! well spotted there made from Kevlar for ankle protection.:lol:

Years ago i had a Kenny Roberts Imported Suzuki replica. De-tuned but wicked. When "Well Changed" up i got my Jesus Creepers tangled in the Gear/Fairing and fell of in Wat full of Rose Bushes.Good Boots after that. 15 Years on and the Bikes still no problem im told,a Thai bought it thankfully.:D

They're just dumb.. how often do you see people removing the helmets while driving? They just think its uncool and messes up their hair(even ugly people)

There's no other explaination. The few thais above average in intelligence most likely wear protective helmet as their lives have value for them. Poor people with no brains often do not see a point to their life and just risk it left and right with no stress.

If you could not wear an helmet in the west and get away with it, we'll the poor areas would have close to 0helmet.

Remember the Thais are all protected by Buddha, nothing can happen to them. I see it all the time in cars, kids jumping around on the front seat while one of the parents is driving. The other day I saw a woman holding a baby in her arm and driving along a busy road. TIT.

THis is such a blinkered and prejudiced viewpoint - I'm surprised that it is taken seriously by some.

RCs put St Christopher in their cars, all over the world you'll see fetishes and icon on motor vehicles, but in the end people know that their "god" helps them who help themselves.

Yeah Quite true, but in the WestI have yet to see up to 5 10 year old kids ripping down the road on a Honda 125 in the dark with no lights visible and riding on the WRONG side of the road on a regular basis like I do here!!!. Edited by Colin Yai

If western countries did not enforce helmet wearing, how many people would still wear them?

I am glad that the cops occasionally do spot checks for helmets here, because the only thing that gets my wife to wear one is the fear of losing 200 baht.

I remember when seat belt legislation came into effect in my province, people still resisted 10 years later, even I would just put the seat belt just over a shoulder so it looked like I had it on. Humans are lazy.

I have traveled all around the world. The main thing that captured me in Aussi TV was the commercials that the government places about road safety and the "what if" questions. I give excuses many times when I am driving with the "what if this happened?". My thai friends always replied: dont worry too much. Always. Ok dont worry until the moment happens? try to put some more measures to avoid that happening??? The government should place a budget into this. it will give jobs for production teams, jobs for tv channels, higher ratings for tv channels, maybe mix it with the monk for some budha speeches, etc etc. everyone benefits. (no more useless deaths also)

What Are Family'S Thinking When They Travel On A Motorbike. ? Wonder what time the service on the BMW will be done

Is it auto. :lol:

Of course its a family car :rolleyes:

Can't believe after your daft quote that auto trans drivers on the cheap diesel performance thread are female or old and now here you are telling us you drive an auto. Sooooooooooooooo, are you a lady or a near in your box guy ? :cheesy::rolleyes:

What Are Family'S Thinking When They Travel On A Motorbike. ? Wonder what time the service on the BMW will be done

Can't believe after your daft quote that auto trans drivers on the cheap diesel performance thread are female or old and now here you are telling us you drive an auto. Sooooooooooooooo, are you a lady or a near in your box guy ? :cheesy::rolleyes:

I cant believe you are so daft you didnt even get the joke,

Let me break it down for you as I would a small child. The question is what are familys thinking when they travel on a motorbike.

wondering what time the service on the BMW will be done

Meaning that most are to poor to own a car and a baby seat :lol:

Yes my wife drives a auto

Edited by Shocktreatment

Let me break it down for you as I would a small child. The question is what are familys thinking when they travel on a motorbike.

And you never drive it cos your too butch :D

Thought we were having a discussion that l might enlighten you a bit. Perhaps trucks are not your thing but if you get a chance have a drive of a 4x4 auto Vigo and l am sure your comments will be retracted. :)

They're just dumb.. how often do you see people removing the helmets while driving? They just think its uncool and messes up their hair(even ugly people)

There's no other explaination. The few thais above average in intelligence most likely wear protective helmet as their lives have value for them. Poor people with no brains often do not see a point to their life and just risk it left and right with no stress.

If you could not wear an helmet in the west and get away with it, we'll the poor areas would have close to 0helmet.

Gee. It sounds like you don't hold our Thai hosts in very high regard.

IMHO they're not "just dumb"

As to "no other explanation"- how about peer group pressure (familiar?)/ example set by their seniors./ lack of enforcement/ climate/ scooters being a cross between a bicycle and a motor vehicle/ not always thinking about the possible actions or inactions (also familiar?).... plenty of other explanations.They don't wear helmets for lots of reasons apart from being uncool or messing up their hair (even we ugly ones).. Who told you that?

"The few Thais with above average intelligence"

"Poor people with no brains"

Are you reading what you write? Maybe I am alone but I find your comments unkind and I believe untrue. If I were Thai I would be offended. Certainly in my native Australia I would take a dim view of a guest stating that my countrymen and I were 'just dumb'.

Fair call?

Grey old world if you really look, I reckon.

[

Thought we were having a discussion that l might enlighten you a bit. Perhaps trucks are not your thing but if you get a chance have a drive of a 4x4 auto Vigo and l am sure your comments will be retracted. :)

Yes have driven many new and old auto vigos, and yes I am safe enough with my sexuality that I drive the wifes car now and then even if its pink inside with hello kitty every where but dont tell anyone.:ph34r:

I am into trucks in a pretty big way :D

[

Yes have driven many new and old auto vigos, and yes I am safe enough with my sexuality that I drive the wifes car now and then even if its pink inside with hello kitty every where but dont tell anyone.:ph34r:

I am into trucks in a pretty big way :D

Dee ma. :)

keep talking but what you said is just 'close eyes and no no no you're lying NOOOOOOOO' As you have provided no proof that there is other reasons besides pure dumbness, hair mess and being cool, there is therefore none.

Which goes well with the FACT that most of them have many helmets on their bikes that they put and take off RIGHT when they see and leave an area with policemen. There is no other explaination possible unless you're a crazy person and then your argument would be invalid anyways.

The farangs without helmets and with/without their family riding along....they are generally such good riders with superior riding skillst hat they never have accidents..

at least that's what they tell me whistling.gif

Hopefully a member of a non crash helmet wearing family will enlighten us all as too why they risk their lives and their family's lives doing this.. I for one would like to know the answer!!

When in Rome do as the Romans do

Wow so as a parent you let your children on a motorbike with no protection just because this is what Thai people do, irresponsible to say the least springs to mind!! still it's their responsibility and they would have to live with the consequences, up to them!!

I would never even le them on a motorbike in Thailand

"The few Thais with above average intelligence"

"Poor people with no brains"

Are you reading what you write? Maybe I am alone but I find your comments unkind and I believe untrue. If I were Thai I would be offended. Certainly in my native Australia I would take a dim view of a guest stating that my countrymen and I were 'just dumb'.

Fair call?

Grey old world if you really look, I reckon.

He might not have been very tactful but sadly he is very close to the truth. As you should know the Thai education system does nothing but produce drones for the most part. Critical thinking is discouraged it actually never occurs to the average Thai to think ahead and plan. Of course this is a generalization but more often than not it is true. Due to the fact that so many are so poor they do not put a very high value on life, first in many cases because well they don't have a pot to piss in and secondly they believe strongly in the afterlife and no matter what happens they are coming back to give it another try.

There is some face making going on I'm sure when they bring the shiny new toy home but all in all they just simply don't have the critical thinking skills to really assess what the result of their actions might be. I know that sounds lame but it sure would be close to the truth in relation to the hundreds of Thai's I've met and worked with in the time I've lived here. Maddening to me to see it all the time and my wife cringes when we were are out and she sees it.. her new catch phrase is "whats wrong with my people" I have no idea.......is the best I can muster in reply.

Years ago i had a Kenny Roberts Imported Suzuki replica. De-tuned but wicked. When "Well Changed" up i got my Jesus Creepers tangled in the Gear/Fairing and fell of in Wat full of Rose Bushes.Good Boots after that. 15 Years on and the Bikes still no problem im told,a Thai bought it thankfully.:D

Lucky Thai guy, that must have cost an arm and a leg to get that into Thailand.

Lucky Thai guy, that must have cost an arm and a leg to get that into Thailand.

It was Mine you No Helmet Sock Person :D .It was around 6k GBP..A BKK Thai paid me the same after 12 months of Dog Swerving. Im Not much of a Biker, it killed my back after 2hrs...:jap:

Remember the Thais are all protected by Buddha, nothing can happen to them. I see it all the time in cars, kids jumping around on the front seat while one of the parents is driving. The other day I saw a woman holding a baby in her arm and driving along a busy road. TIT.

THis is such a blinkered and prejudiced viewpoint - I'm surprised that it is taken seriously by some.

RCs put St Christopher in their cars, all over the world you'll see fetishes and icon on motor vehicles, but in the end people know that their "god" helps them who help themselves.

Yeah Quite true, but in the WestI have yet to see up to 5 10 year old kids ripping down the road on a Honda 125 in the dark with no lights visible and riding on the WRONG side of the road on a regular basis like I do here!!!.

So you haven't been to England and seen it happening on some of the poor Council estates, it happen a lot but they nick em first.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

>Every day when I am out and about I see Thai family’s also some Falang family’s riding their motorbikes with either no crash helmets or just one parent wearing one, have these people no thought for their children’s safety?... so what is the reason these people do this??

Money I'd say and no thought to safety. One helmet is cheaper than two and it wasn't so long ago, maybe still is, that one helmet didn't get you stopped by the police with a hefty fine.

>Every day when I am out and about I see Thai family's also some Falang family's riding their motorbikes with either no crash helmets or just one parent wearing one, have these people no thought for their children's safety?... so what is the reason these people do this??

Money I'd say and no thought to safety. One helmet is cheaper than two and it wasn't so long ago, maybe still is, that one helmet didn't get you stopped by the police with a hefty fine.

When l was a kid in the UK l didn't wear a helmet until the law enforced it, if they hadn't l probably wouldn't have worn one on my Lambetta but would on my Honda race bike.. :huh:

I don't know what Thai families are thinking when driving a motorbike, but I think that they are absolutely out of their mind:

Yesterday, Sunset Pattaya, sprinkles of rain.

Me, driving along Sukhumvit, southwards and just passed the junction with Central Pattaya Road.

I'm driving on the 2nd lane from right and a motorbike with papa, mama and in between a (maybe) 2 year old boy standing on the seat comes from the left......slowly but steady and I move up to the utmost right lane, because the mb is almost in front of me..........<deleted>, the bloody thing is moving on to the right lane and now I have to throw out my anchors.............I nearly hit them and he moves back to the left........and keeps moving.......until he is utmost left and makes a turn into Soi Khao Noi.

Still have no f*cking clue about what they were up to.