Ram

joeuk1

You need prices near to you ,as they can vary by 100% area to area ,depending on supply and demand.

With the rising pork prices ,there is a mad rush to build sty,s and ram demand is heavy.

Last year prices varied from 6 baht in the far N/E to about 10-11 baht in central issan.

Quality is also a factor, some mills remove virtually any semblance of broken rice while others dont sift so fine.

We currently pay 5.5 baht while the mill 75 metres away is 6.8 baht

You need prices near to you ,as they can vary by 100% area to area ,depending on supply and demand.

With the rising pork prices ,there is a mad rush to build sty,s and ram demand is heavy.

Last year prices varied from 6 baht in the far N/E to about 10-11 baht in central issan.

Quality is also a factor, some mills remove virtually any semblance of broken rice while others dont sift so fine.

How long does it stay fresh? I have heard different stories about how quickly the feed value decreases.

How long does it stay fresh? I have heard different stories about how quickly the feed value decreases.

I pay 4 baht , from a local man but there is never to much. The big factory charge us 7 baht per kg even if we buy a ton or three

I would imagine it goes stale pretty quickly,more so in the wet season.

So i try to buy a weeks supply only,with a couple of days supply up my sleeve in case of supply difficulties.

I found a source of Soy bean meal (46 % protein)70 kg bag= 1110 baht and fish meal (62 % protein = 1850 baht 80 kg bag.

So am mixing 2 part ram &1 part soybean meal to give a 22% protein mix at about 9 baht kg and feeding about 1/3rd less than with straight ram and a few fish pellets.

This is a fair saving over proprietry layer crumble @ about 20 baht a kg for 20 % protein, this mix is short of amino acid so am trying to work out how much fish meal I would need in the formula to correct this.Any tips welcome. :rolleyes:

As we dont know what we are talking about feeding,ie poultry, pig, or cattle I can only tell you this Rice bran is similar to oats in crude protein, fat, fiber and energy. It is a palatable feedstuff, which can be included in the grain mixture at a rate of up to 25 percent or fed at a rate of up to 8 pounds (3.6 kg) per cow per day. Most people in Thailand think you can feed it 98% LOL

As we dont know what we are talking about feeding,ie poultry, pig, or cattle I can only tell you this Rice bran is similar to oats in crude protein, fat, fiber and energy. It is a palatable feedstuff, which can be included in the grain mixture at a rate of up to 25 percent or fed at a rate of up to 8 pounds (3.6 kg) per cow per day. Most people in Thailand think you can feed it 98% LOL

The reference to layer crumbles in my post is the clue, :rolleyes: it is for ducks actually.

We have been feeding approx 30 grams per bird twice a day as well they free range around the fish ponds about 8 hours a day.

But I noticed they seemed a bit overweight and about 4 % were starting to suffer lameness ,that is why I decided to lower their intake of ram but increased the protein level with the soybean meal.

The ducks main purpose is to provide Phosphate into the fish ponds ,helping lower C.O.P of our fish operation.

sorry Ozzydom I was talking about the poster not to your post. But thanks for the info, great idea about the duck shit spose the fish will eat it as well. Going away from the subject plants like Anacharis in freshwater use nutrients like phosphate and nitrate to grow and as you harvest and remove the plants, you remove those nutrients from the system. Refugiums are also a good way to grow fresh greens for the fish ! Just an idea i am no fish expert like yourself.

Andy we use the ram mainly for the cattle we mix it with Betagro Master pellet feed they also get grass and fang with molases . we also use the ram for mixing with fish pellet feed , we mix the ram and fish pellet feed by dampening it and feed it to the fish .

Thanx for the post ram in our rice mill is 10 baht a kilo i am looking to find it cheaper , i have never had a probem with it going off when buy large amount at 1 time .

Best regards