Ex-Massage Parlor Tycoon Chuvit Rubs Away Thailand's Police Chief

webfact

Love this guy. :D

+1

I love that he's not just talk. The video sting was simply brilliant 555 - he knew exactly what was going to happen...

On a more serious note it should be clear that video and video cameras can seriously damage corruption. Because those things that are out in the open for all to see will - eventually - just not be tolerated by society. And these days it's impossible to prevent videotaping, with cameras that are very small, and remotely operated.

Next time they'll be looking for cameras; but if I hide 5 cheap cameras on various surrounding buildings, no chance in hell they'd find them all.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a Victorian?

All girls working at his [former] locations did so out of their own free will.

We are NOT talking about some slave-setup or girls sold into indenture.

And you know this as fact because......

Because I live in a Thai-only area and in practice on the other side of the looking glass in many aspects - especially when it comes to some Thai girls and their foreign sponsors. If you bothered to read or remember other users posts you would know this.

Ah, so you're being anecdotal. You know some Thai girls, so that makes you an such an expert on sexmassage parlours that you can make a definitive statement about everybody working in such places. Splendid! Can we all use such 'sound' logic and be taken seriously?

Unlike you that only gain your 'knowledge' from special Voice magazines I in addition to reading reports also knows the actual people, yes, that is true.

Can you back up those statements with evidence, or are you intending to leave the country very soon?

Stating openly known, published, facts cannot be called slander or libel.

My understanding is that charges of defamation, both criminal and civil, can be brought whether what was stated/written is/was true or not. Send for Rumpole of the Bailey?

Stating [revealing] facts, even those that are true, with the purpose of slandering someone can bring libel charges, yes.

Restating what is already publicly known and/or printed can not.

An important difference.

Edited by TAWP

Dear mods: Why has this outrageous post by one MILT escaped your censure? Not that I give a flying one re the post responded to, but this response is a FLAME, and a disgusting one to boot. Couldn't be that it's anti sexpat (however somewhat 'over the top') by any chance?

PS I too like Chuwit's bravado.

See that little "Report" button down a little bit and to the left ... try using that if you don't like the post.

All this is wonderful for Thailand image abroad I just hope there are no more problems this high season to effect tourism as there are millions in the service industry

i think it is good or at least better for thailand,.someone fronting up to the mafia and corruption, and personally i like to be in thailand when tourist numbers drop, i think you get better value ,they dont deserve tourists at the moment anyways,....... the way they treat tourists now is simly not good enough, time for a kick up the ass !

i cant understand why anyone would be against what this guy is doing, we are all pissed off with the corruption in thailand , and now that a senior politician stands up to be counted ,so many here just want to rip into the guy for finally coming clean and exposing all the scams..................mai kowjai loey !!! ................. more power to him i say

i cant understand why anyone would be against what this guy is doing, we are all pissed off with the corruption in thailand , and now that a senior politician stands up to be counted ,so many here just want to rip into the guy for finally coming clean and exposing all the scams..................mai kowjai loey !!! ................. more power to him i say

I'm not against Chuwit, but remind me please, what has he done exactly? What exactly has changed other than the government in power using his "revelations" as an excuse to stick in Thaksin's relative as the national police chief?

You can't be serious about Chuwit mounting an anti corruption crusade.

He doesn't appeal to the same people as Purachai, the latter appeals to some, but not many, middle-class Thais; by the way, where is Purachai now?

Working class Thais who support Pheua Thai like Chuwit as much as any Democrat supporters, but few Democrat supporters see him as anything but an attention seeker desperate for self promotion, devoid of any ideals.

I personally know loads of previous dem voters who were proudly stating they were voting for Chuwit. The kind of dem voter at the previous election that thought Thaksin was the devil incarnate and bought Abhisits no corruption line and then saw with horror it was no different to Thaksin. Interestingly I didnt hear anyone proudly say they were voting for Abhisit. Still thats Chonburi (mostly) and lower north (a lot less as Abhisit is pretty well hated in the places I know although local dems are hated anywhere near as much). By the way, the dems must have always had quite a few working class voters. If they didnt they wouldnt get 10 million votes or whatever surely as the Thai middle class isnt that big an fair few of them are as red as they come in my experience

I also see Chuwit as using corruption as a nice vote winning issue actually rather than being overly serious. It is a nice non-partisan issue and judging by the stock exchanges nice little white T-shirt campaign complete with the PM and opposition leader he seems to have positioned himself ahead of the curve on this one.

I also see Chuwit as using corruption as a nice vote winning issue actually rather than being overly serious. It is a nice non-partisan issue and judging by the stock exchanges nice little white T-shirt campaign complete with the PM and opposition leader he seems to have positioned himself ahead of the curve on this one.

"ahead of the curve"

And right-on-cue, new-PM Yingluck takes an oath against corruption, at an event shared with former-PM Abhisit & other luminaries.

Now all that's needed, is for them both to start showing their own videos of corruption-in-action, and then parliamentary-proceedings will become the most riveting viewing one might ever want ! Anyone for 'Corruption Channel' ? :lol:

"ahead of the curve"

And right-on-cue, new-PM Yingluck takes an oath against corruption, at an event shared with former-PM Abhisit & other luminaries.

Now all that's needed, is for them both to start showing their own videos of corruption-in-action, and then parliamentary-proceedings will become the most riveting viewing one might ever want ! Anyone for 'Corruption Channel' ? :lol:

You could be onto something there. The corruption channel with uncle Chuwit

"ahead of the curve"

Their Slogan ... Chuwit, and if you don't like it, Spit It Out ! ? :D

"ahead of the curve"

I am sure someone would find a reason to close it down for threatening national security or something spurious like that. I mean in all honesty, if someone really did reveal all of the corruption, and then beyond that 'conflict of interest', how many government officials and members of the police or armed forces would be left.

How can you transfer close to 99% of all the employees in an organisation to "inactive" posts?

That said, I would love to see it. Sort of like Ester Rantzen "That's Life", Ann Robinson "Watchdog" with the added spice that there would be every chance that the presenter would get gunned down the following week.