Can'T Looks After My Rabbits

james24

I have two mini rex house rabbits, both males and about 8 months old. Very friednly and well behaved and to be honest are very good fun.

Thing is my house has not got a garden and I think they need one. Ive tried everything but no matter what I do I think they would be happier outside.

I am at a point where I will give them away to someone for 1000bt who can love them. This would include the cage, the food and everything Ive bought for them so far.

Anyone interested please pm me. I must point out that they come as a pair as they are too close now to split up.

Edited by james24

Ingredients:

•1 rabbit or 2 mini rabbits, cut up

•1/2 cup all-purpose flour

•3 tablespoons butter

•1 cup chopped celery

•2 medium onions, thinly sliced

•1 teaspoon seasoned salt

•1 teaspoon salt

•1dash pepper

•1 bay leaf

•4 cups water

•4 cups dry red wine

•2 cups diced carrots

•4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced

•4 ounces sliced mushrooms, sauteed

•1/4 cup all-purpose flour

•1/3 cup water

Preparation:

Directions for rabbit stew.

Dredge rabbit pieces with 1/2 cup flour. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; brown rabbit pieces on all sides. Add celery, onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf, 4 cups water, and wine; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and simmer rabbit stew for 2 hours. Add carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms; cook for about 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/3 cup water; stir until well blended and smooth. Stir flour mixture into the broth; cook and stir until thickened.

Rabbit stew recipe serves 4.

Ingredients:

•3 tablespoons butter

•1 cup chopped celery

•1 teaspoon salt

•1dash pepper

•1 bay leaf

•4 cups water

•4 cups dry red wine

•2 cups diced carrots

•1/3 cup water

Preparation:

Dredge rabbit pieces with 1/2 cup flour. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; brown rabbit pieces on all sides. Add celery, onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf, 4 cups water, and wine; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and simmer rabbit stew for 2 hours. Add carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms; cook for about 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/3 cup water; stir until well blended and smooth. Stir flour mixture into the broth; cook and stir until thickened.

Thats exactly what I was thinking about, but at 1000thb a rabbit, it may be a bit expensive :D

Thanks for the recipe idea but they way too cute for that.

It was 1000bt all in as this includes mats for them to run around inside which were 300 each and Ive got 3 of them, a huge cage, hay and alfalfa, food, toys, 2 toilets for them, nail scissors.

The price would be cool but more than anything its important they are loved and cared for. If I had a garden Id keep them, they are great pets and like Ive said before so much fun.

God Im having second thoughts already

Ingredients:

•3 tablespoons butter

•1 cup chopped celery

•1 teaspoon salt

•1dash pepper

•1 bay leaf

•4 cups water

•4 cups dry red wine

•2 cups diced carrots

•1/3 cup water

Preparation:

:cheesy:::cheesy:

The OP is willing to give them free for 1000 baht?

:crazy:

Edited by Beetlejuice

I think mini rex are meant to be in door. They are not local breed the heat and humidity will make them suffer. My rabbit was a mini rex and he died from diarrhea possibly from eating the fruit and vegetable I feed. I still miss him so much and guilt is overwhelming.

Ingredients:

•3 tablespoons butter

•1 cup chopped celery

•1 teaspoon salt

•1dash pepper

•1 bay leaf

•4 cups water

•4 cups dry red wine

•2 cups diced carrots

•1/3 cup water

Preparation:

Wheres the word free in my post?

I do feed them alot of veg and occasionally some banana and melon.

Like another said mini rex's are great and the more I stay on here, the more I might just keep them.

Ingredients:

•3 tablespoons butter

•1 cup chopped celery

•1 teaspoon salt

•1dash pepper

•1 bay leaf

•4 cups water

•4 cups dry red wine

•2 cups diced carrots

•1/3 cup water

Preparation:

Like another said mini rex's are great and the more I stay on here, the more I might just keep them.

Why don't you ask the Moderators to close the thread until you decide whether or not you want to keep them?

What many people fail to understand is that rabbits belong in certain environments and are not suitable as house pets.

Rabbits are burrowing rodents; in the wild they of course live in burrows.

They also require lots of space to roam and run, this is what rabbits are designed for.

Rabbits, guinea pigs, squirrels and some other types of rodents, do not belong in small cages or hutches; they will not thrive under these conditions.

The same applies for all pets. People should conduct some research first before deciding to home these animals just because they appear cute.

post-110219-0-39647600-1316710426_thumb.

What many people fail to understand is that rabbits belong in certain environments and are not suitable as house pets.

They also require lots of space to roam and run, this is what rabbits are designed for.

Rabbits, guinea pigs, squirrels and some other types of rodents, do not belong in small cages or hutches; they will not thrive under these conditions.

The same applies for all pets. People should conduct some research first before deciding to home these animals just because they appear cute.

So that means every single pet in the world must go back to the wild. Rabbits are designed for..... <deleted> are you talking about...? There not designed to be eaten either but we do. God the list goes on, humans arent and have never been "designed" to drink cows milk but most of the world does.

Talk about over compensating for embaressing yourself earlier. Even attaching and designing a photo with a red cross in it...how old are you?? Research haha your obviously good at it.

Rabbits are fine with good loving homes just like most other pets.. And on that note I will be keeping them. Just means more and longer visits to where they came from which suits me fine.

Edited by james24

So that means every single pet in the world must go back to the wild. Rabbits are designed for..... <deleted> are you talking about...? There not designed to be eaten either but we do. God the list goes on, humans arent and have never been "designed" to drink cows milk but most of the world does.

Talk about over compensating for embaressing yourself earlier. Even attaching and designing a photo with a red cross in it...how old are you?? Research haha your obviously good at it.

Rabbits are fine with good loving homes just like most other pets.. And on that note I will be keeping them. Just means more and longer visits to where they came from which suits me fine.

Yes, but it was you that first said; Ive tried everything but no matter what I do I think they would be happier outside.

It is my opinion that if someone truly cared about re-housing a pet or pets to a good caring home, then they should be willing to do this for free and sustain any financial losses, as it`s the welfare of the animals that must be given priority and that`s why I made a joke of it.

How old am I? Too bladdy old.

Congratulations are definitely due IMO to Blinky Bill, for his rapid (not rabid) sense of humour, and also for keeping the important-topic of food at the forefront of yet-another Chiang Mai sub-forum thread ! :D

Hope that the bunnies find a good home !

Now does anyone know where to find the best rabbit-burger or bunny-pizza in town ? :rolleyes: