Can Anyone Suggest A Hotel In Chiang Mai?

TAHISA

Hello,

My last booking is for the hotel in Chiang Mai. I will be in Chiang Mai for 4 nights and can anyone suggest a hotel for about $50 to $70 a night that is decent? I was looking into Buri Gallery House and Hotel M Chiang May, I want a room with balcony and possibly good breakfast. Any suggestions? I don't need pool or gym, I will be walking all day long but I certainly appreciate a clean room and shower in the evening.

Few hotels have balconies. A couple of ones that I can think of off hand are the Chedi, and the Mandarin Oriental but they are out of the price range you have budgeted.

It depends on what time of year you are coming here, and there are thousands of hotel rooms to choose from, but off season some of the five star hotels run specials including breakfast for about US $90 per night. Many of the four star hotels have very nice buffet breakfasts with stations for making fresh eggs, etc. and will run well within your budget. Also check on trip advisor after you look up hotel names to see what other guests have said about the place.

If you would give a little more information of what part of the city you want to stay in, maybe we can give you some better suggestions.

I have two very different suggestions for nice, but reasonable hotels in Chiang Mai. Baan Orapin is located just on the other side of the Ping River from the Night Bazaar. The rooms are really fantastic as is the breakfast they prepare - there is a pool also, but no balcony. The property has a really unique personality and the staff are pleasant and knowledgeable. http://www.baanorapin.com/

A more, low-key (and less expensive - around THB 1,000 per night). Portico 21 is located near Taphae Gate . The rooms are super modern with wifi. Breakfast is simple but adequate. The staff is very efficient and pleasant. http://www.portico21.com/

I suggest staying at the family-run Anoma Boutique House hotel which is at 57/3 Rajpakinai Road is within the old city and about 5-10 minutes walk to the Tha Phae Gate. I always stay here when in Chiang Mai and all the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed and some do have balconies and the excellent breakfast is included. Take a few minutes to check their website at www.anomaboutiquehouse.com as it says it all.

Stayed at the M Hotel (near the eastgate). The tarrif was a bit under what you quoted, but the room was modern & clean. The hallway had a smell, but it could have been the carpet cleaning. I'll be staying here again unless I get a better offer find a more attractive price / facilities.

Right next to the Sunday night market, so you can just walk to / from as you desire. A few srinking spots a little further south.

Breakfast was OK, but I prefered just down the road where you can get an English breakfast for 100B - it was TOP quality (and they speak english too).