True Move Not Renewing Asn Contract?

TenDreams

You don't understand, they don't F****ing care, we are foreigners "farangs" dogs, same same....

Exactly, you can throw as much paper and email at em you like - water off a ducks back! The only way to stuff em is mass cancellation of contracts and I'll be there (after more than 9 years) as soon as I find an alternative. Still awaiting on what Grammy Sky 1 has to offer.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you from the UK, Australia,etc. who laughed about the Miracle Whip shortage and are laughing about the loss of ASN and NFL programming please remember; If not for the "Yanks" you guys would be speaking German or Japanese.

:spamsign:

What a load of crap! Spare me days, what planet do some of spammers come from?

You don't understand, they don't F****ing care, we are foreigners "farangs" dogs, same same....

Exactly, you can throw as much paper and email at em you like - water off a ducks back! The only way to stuff em is mass cancellation of contracts and I'll be there (after more than 9 years) as soon as I find an alternative. Still awaiting on what Grammy Sky 1 has to offer.

Grammy Sky 1 is a joke. You have to cough up nearly 4,000 baht and have a huge new dish installed for starters, and the only channels they offer are basically the free ones, ASN and a few other mickey mouse BS channels. If you watched anything besides ASN forget it they don't have it. Grammy Sky 1 as of now is definitely not an option.

My wife called 1-Sky and they will be getting everything off the ground soon.

Although the initial channel listing seems a bit sparse, they say they will be adding content continually and will have more HD next year.

Sounds reasonable, as they charge per package: 1-Sky 1 - Movies / 1-Sky 2 Sports / 1-Sky 3 Family

They say the service will also be available in Phuket (no service center, but if you get the dish set, or already have a dish, it will work - probably the same for the rest of Thailand).

The website for 1-sky: http://www.1skytv.com/site/index.html

A little competition for True will be good - probably reduce the prices over time too, as many people with more limited budgets will be drawn to a-la-cart pricing or the pretty good price of 1,500 baht per month for the whole ball of wax. Throw in HD and they will have a winner.

Aloha

A little competition for True will be good - probably reduce the prices over time too, as many people with more limited budgets will be drawn to a-la-cart pricing or the pretty good price of 1,500 baht per month for the whole ball of wax. Throw in HD and they will have a winner.

I agree about competition for TrueVisions.... But the pricing for 1-Sky relative to what they offer is daft, and their probable eventual channel lineup doesn't seem headed toward being particularly farang friendly, apart from ASN... -- if the venture ultimately survives at all.

Via the USTVNow option described above, providing you have a decent internet connection here, you can have a 20+ U.S. cable TV lineup including U.S. ESPN for $30 a month (after the introductory $20 promotion ends)... not the $50 1-Sky price you mention above. And the regular price of $44 a month for the same plan with a digital video recorder service for time-shifting...

Their paid channel lineup includes:

ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS, A&E, Animal Planet, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CNBC, U.S. CNN, Comedy Central, Discover Channel, U.S. ESPN, Food Network, FX, History, Lifetime, Syfy, TBS, TNT, and USA.

I agree about competition for TrueVisions.... But the pricing for 1-Sky relative to what they offer is daft, and their probable eventual channel lineup doesn't seem headed toward being particularly farang friendly, apart from ASN... -- if the venture ultimately survives at all.

Via the USTVNow option described above, providing you have a decent internet connection here, you can have a 20+ U.S. cable TV lineup including U.S. ESPN for $30 a month (after the introductory $20 promotion ends)... not the $50 1-Sky price you mention above. And the regular price of $44 a month for the same plan with a digital video recorder service for time-shifting...

Their paid channel lineup includes:

ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS, A&E, Animal Planet, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CNBC, U.S. CNN, Comedy Central, Discover Channel, U.S. ESPN, Food Network, FX, History, Lifetime, Syfy, TBS, TNT, and USA.

Sounds good, but watching games on the computer with everyone crowded around a PC doesn't exactly sound too great. Not to mention the internet speeds in Thailand, especially Phuket, are off and on at the best of times.

Streaming it from the computer to the TV is an option, but if you have ever streamed from a PC to a wide-screen big TV, it looks like watching a pixelated version - really bad picture quality. Not exactly why one gets a big TV.

I see they have an HD DVR version, but it is $169 USD / mo. (over 5,000 baht!!! - per month) PLUS a set-up fee of $295 USD (8,850 baht!!!)

At those prices I can keep True w HD plus the new 1-Sky for ASN and still have money left over...

NFL games were broadcast on IBC/UBC and True, successor to both, for many years in Thailand, separate from and independent of ASN, which True picked up for only recently, the last season-and-a-half or thereabouts.

At least there has always been the two Sunday afternoon time-slots games (Mon. 12:00/1:00 AM and 3:15/4:15 AM broadcasts, with Monday evening replays) even before ASN, which was acceptable prior to them adding the ASN programming.

They also had the Sunday and Monday night games, aired on ESPN until ESPN lost the rights to those games in Asia about three seasons ago. Subsequently picked up BY ASN.

For True Visions to totally drop NFL broadcasts, a couple weeks into the season no less, is a slap in the face to customers who rightfully expect some NFL games at a minimum. Look, True Visions even picked up NBA games for the first time toward the end of the last regular season. So it is well within their ability to go get some NFL games and air them on their own since they have dropped ASN.

After complaining and sending an email to True yesterday; I received this,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please be informed that TrueVisions hope to continuously improve our service in order to bring you the best viewing experience. We would like to announce the launch of TRACE Sports, a new sport channel. TRACE will replace ASN, All Sports Network, on TrueVisions channel 110 from 1 October 2011. Our apologies for any inconvenience incurred.

Should you have any further inquiry, suggestion, or comment, please do not hesitate to contact us at 02-7252525 between 8:00 am - 22:00 pm or [email protected] between 9:00 am -18:00 pm

I haven't looked to see if it is actually there, or what their program lineup is yet.

Edit:

I just found on another website that Trace Sports describes themselves as:

TRACE Sports is a new HD TV Channel proposing factual entertainment and lifestyle content exclusively dedicated to sports celebrities.

It will provide you behind-the-scene access to sports celebrities, gateway to the intimate life of the athletes, essence and in-depth understanding of the sports icons, inspiration to go above and beyond, emotional connection with the champions, energy and motivation to be better, bigger, higher and bolder in life...

You've got to be joking! :angry:

edit:typos

Edited by silverhawk_usa

Saw a scrolling message on the tube last night that ASN is being replaced by TRACE sports-any guesses what that is? (Besides free for true to trial for a year I guess)

If it is TRACE Sports, I found this online:

TRACE Sports is a new HD TV Channel proposing factual entertainment and lifestyle content exclusively dedicated to sports celebrities.

It will provide you behind-the-scene access to sports celebrities, gateway to the intimate life of the athletes, essence and in-depth understanding of the sports icons, inspiration to go above and beyond, emotional connection with the champions, energy and motivation to be better, bigger, higher and bolder in life...

Doesn't sound much like anything in which I would be interested.

My guess is that this is the channel they have been using for filler between time outs in the sports ASN was broadcasting, since these fillers were about sports "celebrities" nobody cares about. They only way I would know if this is the case is to watch Trace, but I tried and could only stomach 2 minutes of it. I do wonder what market Trace is aimed at, as I can't see many Thai's being interested either.

My thoughts, as I think many will agree, is that ASN, being a real sports channel, cost money to bring into Thailand and True can say they brought in another international sports channel in it's place until they put another locally produced Thai sports channel in this place when this contract runs out.

Now I know how the wife felt when BBC Entertainment was thought to be too expensive for Truevisions.

Should you have any further inquiry, suggestion, or comment, please do not hesitate to contact us at 02-7252525 between 8:00 am - 22:00 pm or [email protected] between 9:00 am -18:00 pm

Just to let folks know, I've added my voice in protest via an e-mail to True at the above email address... I don't think anything anyone here does will bring back ASN, for all its flaws... But hopefully we can at least make our voices heard.

I think the best that can be hoped for, at this point, is to persuade TrueVisions, if it's even possible, to somehow find a way to restore NFL games to their lineup on other channels, such as on TrueSports, as they did prior to picking up ASN... And that may not even be possible, if ASN holds the exclusive NFL broadcast rights in Asia, as I believe they do.

Right now, from the responses I've seen from TrueVisions posted by others, it doesn't seem they're making any alternate programming arrangements for NFL games, even on a more limited basis than what ASN had been providing. That's a sorry state of affairs.

BTW, I specifically ended by email to them by saying PLEASE... don't tell me about the TRACE network that pretty much no one is interested in watching... But I bet they'll respond with that anyway... We'll see.... :annoyed:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Just to let folks know, I've added my voice in protest via an e-mail to True at the above email address... I don't think anything anyone here does will bring back ASN, for all its flaws... But hopefully we can at least make our voices heard.

I think the best that can be hoped for, at this point, is to persuade TrueVisions, if it's even possible, to somehow find a way to restore NFL games to their lineup on other channels, such as on TrueSports, as they did prior to picking up ASN... And that may not even be possible, if ASN holds the exclusive NFL broadcast rights in Asia, as I believe they do.

Right now, from the responses I've seen from TrueVisions posted by others, it doesn't seem they're making any alternate programming arrangements for NFL games, even on a more limited basis than what ASN had been providing. That's a sorry state of affairs.

BTW, I specifically ended by email to them by saying PLEASE... don't tell me about the TRACE network that pretty much no one is interested in watching... But I bet they'll respond with that anyway... We'll see.... :annoyed:

Everyone keeps talking about NFL. :bah: Personally, I want NASCAR and NHL. The coverage was inconsistent but it was better than nothing.

Though I have to agree with the posters that say our complaining won''t make a bit of difference.

Purely for curiosities sake I sent an abusive, obscenity-filled and extremely racist message to Truevisions and received this in reply:

Dear Sir,

We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please be informed that TrueVisions hope to continuously improve our service in order to bring you the best viewing experience. We are happy to announce the launch of TRACE Sports, a new sport channel. TRACE will replace ASN, All Sports Network, on TrueVisions channel 110 from 1 October 2011. We still have no recent plan to broadcast NFL on any other channels. Our apologies for any inconvenience incurred.

Thank you for your kindness and continued support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact that they would even respond to my (hateful) email speaks volumes...

Alongside the NFL reports in today's Bangkok Post is a short piece with details of the new NFL provider for Thailand. Apparently the service is free for one month.

Anyone had any success in getting it? Do you require a separate dish?

I don't get the BKK post, but I do have both styles of dishes. What did they say the settings were or which satellite was it on?

Alongside the NFL reports in today's Bangkok Post is a short piece with details of the new NFL provider for Thailand. Apparently the service is free for one month.

Anyone had any success in getting it? Do you require a separate dish?

I don't get the BKK post, but I do have both styles of dishes. What did they say the settings were or which satellite was it on?

This is all it said:

The NFL will be shown live on new Grammy Sport-ASN channel from this Saturday.

Grammy Sport managing director Kobkiat Sangwanich said yesterday the first NFL match on Grammy Sport-ASN will be aired at 1am on Saturday night (Sunday morning).

The channel can be viewed via 1SKY box for free during a three-month trial period.

Purely for curiosities sake I sent an abusive, obscenity-filled and extremely racist message to Truevisions and received this in reply:

Dear Sir,

We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please be informed that TrueVisions hope to continuously improve our service in order to bring you the best viewing experience. We are happy to announce the launch of TRACE Sports, a new sport channel. TRACE will replace ASN, All Sports Network, on TrueVisions channel 110 from 1 October 2011. We still have no recent plan to broadcast NFL on any other channels. Our apologies for any inconvenience incurred.

Thank you for your kindness and continued support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact that they would even respond to my (hateful) email speaks volumes...

is TRACE even a sport channel??? more of a life style channel.

Yep no more NFL as even the normal sports channel were showing the AsN broadcast.

What's worse is that I've seem to have missed the notice for removal of ASN. Had it all set up to record all the broadcasted games, got up sunday hoping to watch GBP, and no games recorded, instead this TRACE @!#@#$%^. :angry:. and seeing how Rodgers played... Just really made my day.

Dear Sir,

We still have no recent plan to broadcast NFL on any other channels.

Well, I guess that answers that question. As I had feared/suspected....

BTW, yesterday I sent them a very clear but polite and diplomatic complaint... And found this response in my email this morning.... I'm posting the main part, and leaving out the standard apology and boilerplate at the end.

It's nice that they're at least bothering to answer individual complaints.... The bolding highlight is theirs, not mine...

Dear Khun :

Please accept this letter as our formal apology for what happened on the cancellation of ASN channel.

It was not our intention to cause any interruption or inconvenience. In retrospect, we believe the situation resulted from the commercial terms for a renewal were unfortunately unable to agree. This is by no means an excuse for what happened.

And, in keeping with my request in my original complaint to them, they made no mention of TRACE in their reply... So at least they're reading what we send in... :annoyed:

Believe new ASN provider requires C-Band vice what True requires. That means a new dish as well as new sat box. Have heard two different stories about exactly which bird the upstart will be using. One story I read claims they will use Thaicomm at 78 degrees, same as True, the other story I heard it will be on Paplua, (Spelling?) bird which I believe is around 115 degrees in about the same direction.

Anyone have any idea in this?

I also did e-mail True. Got a different response which said they didn't intend to lose ASN, it's just that they could not come into a workable agreement. Is it possible this up-start company has decided to throw large amounts of cash to providers as a way of killing off True? If that's the case a war may have begun and the only winners will be the programming providers. The losers will be us, the general public. If this keeps up I'm afraid my roof will be unable to support all the required dishes!

Have also been told ASN HD is available on yet a third vendor here in Bangkok. A friend has that service so I'm gonna check it out. If TRUE I'll post the systems name and if possible the bird and format at a latter date.

Dear Sir,

We still have no recent plan to broadcast NFL on any other channels.

Well, I guess that answers that question. As I had feared/suspected....

BTW, yesterday I sent them a very clear but polite and diplomatic complaint... And found this response in my email this morning.... I'm posting the main part, and leaving out the standard apology and boilerplate at the end.

It's nice that they're at least bothering to answer individual complaints.... The bolding highlight is theirs, not mine...

Dear Khun :

Please accept this letter as our formal apology for what happened on the cancellation of ASN channel.

It was not our intention to cause any interruption or inconvenience. In retrospect, we believe the situation resulted from the commercial terms for a renewal were unfortunately unable to agree. This is by no means an excuse for what happened.

And, in keeping with my request in my original complaint to them, they made no mention of TRACE in their reply... So at least they're reading what we send in... :annoyed:

I received exactly the same reply! At least they are apologising!

It sounds as though those of us who are cable users (non-satellite users) are getting screwed out of this....

But truth be told, I bailed out on ASN last year and switched to watching the NFL games via the Internet.... and never looked back....

I have TrueVisions Knowledge package at home via cable, so the wife can watch her Thai shows and some music TV cable channels....

If there was a lesser plan/lower cost cable plan with TrueVisions, considering what I think of the content they provide, I'd downgrade even further.

Or better yet, I'd love to call them and say CANCEL, but I'd have to have some alternative to keep the wife happy.... Maybe it's time to check out the local BKK provider... what's it called, Happy Home Cable or something like that???

Where I live, I don't have the option of putting up any kind of satellite dish...even the small DSTV ones.

Grammy Sport managing director Kobkiat Sangwanich said yesterday the first NFL match on Grammy Sport-ASN will be aired at 1am on Saturday night (Sunday morning).

"Match"? :rolleyes: Let me guess they're going to play on a "pitch"? :) And when the Jets play the Giants on Christmas Eve it will be a "Darby". :D

And the time/date is wrong (at least for Bangkok).

It looks like the first game will be SEA @ NYG Monday, 00:01 Monday, October 10.

I received exactly the same reply! At least they are apologising!

It sounds like they're refining/amending their original script response...to add a slightly different tone...

It's not that we deliberately set out to screw you, our customers..... It's just that that happens to have been the unfortunate result... Thanks for your continued support. :bah:

Believe new ASN provider requires C-Band vice what True requires. That means a new dish as well as new sat box. Have heard two different stories about exactly which bird the upstart will be using. One story I read claims they will use Thaicomm at 78 degrees, same as True, the other story I heard it will be on Paplua, (Spelling?) bird which I believe is around 115 degrees in about the same direction.

Anyone have any idea in this?

I also did e-mail True. Got a different response which said they didn't intend to lose ASN, it's just that they could not come into a workable agreement. Is it possible this up-start company has decided to throw large amounts of cash to providers as a way of killing off True? If that's the case a war may have begun and the only winners will be the programming providers. The losers will be us, the general public. If this keeps up I'm afraid my roof will be unable to support all the required dishes!

Have also been told ASN HD is available on yet a third vendor here in Bangkok. A friend has that service so I'm gonna check it out. If TRUE I'll post the systems name and if possible the bird and format at a latter date.

I've got the C band and KU dishes along with dreamboxes. Now all I need is for someone to give me an idea how to get this new grammy asn for the month.