Birmingham - 10 December 2005.

daleyboy

Personally I'd suggest an afternoon start (maybe 2pm) which means that then people have plenty of time to get home and have a good drink as well.

good thinking proff

that should give the northern boys plenty of time to be back in bye bye's by 6 :o

sorry boys could'nt help it

I'll start in the afternoon but for me, it's an "All Dayer". So we'll be stopping in an Hotel. Who wants to set the date?

What do you reckon mrbo? Maybe a week or two before xmas somewhere round the 10th or the 17th of Dec?

Check this site out for the malthouse

http://www.starling101.btinternet.co.uk/ca...s/malthouse.htm

Also a review from itchybirmingham.co.uk

Attracting a fairly bland but safe crowd during the day, this is the type of place you can take your folks to for a quiet drink. As traditional as this part of town gets, well traditional in that you can see wooden beams, but if you can you should bag a seat by the canal and take it easy over a few pints. Best to get the parents out before the weekend however, unless you want to run the risk of having to watch them throw some shapes to the cheesy disco which takes over the place.

View Malt House, The Map

75 King Edwards Rd

Brindleyplace, Birmingham

B1 2NX t: 01216334171

f: 01216161747

Mon-Thu 12pm-11pm, Fri-Sat 12pm-1am, Sun 12pm-10.30pm

Clientele Suits

Genre mix

Type pub

Cash back

Draught Bitter

Draught Lager

Art Venue

Absinthe

Cocktails

Available for Hire

Pre-Club Venue

Quiet Drinking Venue

Separate Rooms and Booths

Outside Seating

Hen Nights/Stag Nights

Pulling Venue

Impress a Date

I see it has seperate rooms which might be quite good if there is going to be quite a large crowd.

Edited by daleyboy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those of you chaps planning on staying in brum hotel/b&b, have you already done your homework and have somewhere in mind... if not ill get a list of possibles up together and post them here.

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do...=34&Submit.y=16

these are all situated near to The Malthouse

Edited by rio666uk

It's quite possible that some people who would be likely to attend the Brum do may not be aware of it, as the other thread has, perhaps, become too long and bogged down.

So, we can post all the Brum stuff in this new one and a few more people might come along. I'll move a couple of posts from the "UK piss-up" thread just to get it going.

Scouse.

what you mean like northerners...  :D

hey Rio, us "Northerners" are the founders of this Tea and Cucumber Sandwich, get together :D

this is true... dammit i cant think of a witty comeback just at the moment... erm daleyboy helppppp!

:D tea and cucumber sandwhichs, sounds about right for you bunch of northern poofs. Now Rio your the man here, i am bigging you up, so dont let me down when we get there, you will need to show em how a true west country drinker handles his booze. In fact i might bring you all some proper scrumpy, you know the stuff you get in the plastic 5 litre bottles like what you get the turps in :o

How come i'm having to hold up the Northerner's end here. Where is Scouse, ProfFart, Falangaman, Vulture.........

We don't need any of that cheap apple <deleted> anyway, you lot might think we Northerners all have cloth caps and clogs but we can well afford quality wines my friends :D

Anyway's, you've got to be at the piss up in a month, hadn't you better get on yer Tractors and start making your way to the midlands :o

Edited by mrbojangles

i tell you what - you stick with your grape juice ill stick to my apple juice and we'll go pint for pint.

tractor started.. and remember no dogs allowed in the bar so leave yer whippets outside!

id better not give it too much gob - im not 100% coming yet!

i tell you what - you stick with your grape juice ill stick to my apple juice and we'll go pint for pint.

tractor started.. and remember no dogs allowed in the bar so leave yer whippets outside!

You also better watch out for their ferrets, i hear they hide them down their trousers you know!!!!!! :o:D:D:D:D

You also better watch out for their ferrets, i hear they hide them down their trousers you know!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

:D

Yes, i do have something the size of a Ferret down my trousers, but i can assure you my friend, it is not a Ferret at all. We're well hung up North :o:D

And don't forget to turn the "Muck Spreader" off, at Junction 10 on the M1

Edited by mrbojangles

Lol maybe you should try asking one of your pidgeons how to get from Bristol to Brum, something tells me it doesnt involve going anywhere near the M1. :o

As for ferrets well so your telling me you have something big and hairy down your trousers, with a small brain of its own? If thats the case then every bloke in the world has one of those :D

Lol maybe you should try asking one of your pidgeons how to get from Bristol to Brum, something tells me it doesnt involve going anywhere near the M1.  :o

Your quite right Daley, it was meant in jest at all southerners.

O.K. then, turn your "Muck Spreader" off when leaving the M4 to join the M5. :D Is that the route you'll be plodding along on :D

Lol nope wrong again. I will be getting directly on the m5 and staying on the m5 all the way to Brum, i only use the m4 for going East or West, not North or South :o Ohh dear i dop hope you manage to find your way to Brum without getting lost :D

Ohh and me muck spreader is in the garage, it will have to be me combine arvester, i hope they got room for parking up in Brum :D

Edited by daleyboy

Lol nope wrong again. I will be getting directly on the m5 and staying on the m5 all the way to Brum, i only use the m4 for going East or West, not North or South :o Ohh dear i dop hope you manage to find your way to Brum without getting lost :D

Smart arse :D

Don't worry, i can find it from where i live, M62, M6 and one junction on the M5 :D My horse knows it blind folded by now :D