Complete Heart Check

xminator

Disclaimer- I do not know what your specific problem is. Be that as it may- I have had my heart function checked ,many times- over the last 20 years that I have lived in Thailand. Always at a Government Hospital. The last time I had an ECG, it only cost a couple of hundred Baht, but that was some years ago.I have NEVER been inside a Private Hospital . And have no intention of doing so. I am now just on 72 years old.And still alive to tell the tale!!

These prices are ridiculous,I would have to be near death to accept these inflated figures,. Stress test,you mean wired for sound on a treadmill for 30 odd minutes?checking the four chambers and artery flow? was a couple of years ago but $40 to $50 if that, ,MRI $40,and a host of others tests,anyway I'll see if I can have a 64 bit CAT scan for a couple of thousand, off tomorrow to get them done,but not here in Thailand, gawd you guys must be millionaires

These prices are ridiculous,I would have to be near death to accept these inflated figures,. Stress test,you mean wired for sound on a treadmill for 30 odd minutes?checking the four chambers and artery flow? was a couple of years ago but $40 to $50 if that, ,MRI $40,and a host of others tests,anyway I'll see if I can have a 64 bit CAT scan for a couple of thousand, off tomorrow to get them done,but not here in Thailand, gawd you guys must be millionaires

40$ for a MRI of the heart (or any body part) :lol: :lol: :lol:

40$ for a MRI of the heart (or any body part) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knee actually,initially why I'm going......going....gone.

The 64 slice scan should be the last option you consider because the radiation dosage involved is very high, in terms of efficiency the test is one step below an angiogram - based on your risk profile (age, lifestyle, diet, blood test results) you should consider doing a stress test but evaluate the blood works first.

The only problem is in my head. I'm middle age and good health, but I also know that in my family its the heart that fails first, but at relative high age. Recently there have been people that I know that been dropping while doing sports even if they are young and appear at good health.

I just want to have a deeper check then the annual visit to a doctor that dont really care. I do periodical work extremely hard and during training I can push my heart to over 200 bpm over several minutes even getting close to 40.

So no, my question is not motivated by getting as cheap as possible, but more about getting as reliable and complete results as possible while I'm still at a relative young age. Without doing tests that do more harm then good of course...