Thai Embassy Kuala Lumpur

My experience

Wednesday 28 September, 2011

Arrived 9.25am, about 10 people ahead of me. The security guard hand writes in award winning penmanship details from every passport at about 90 seconds a passport. His demeanour would entitle him to Thai nationality (obviously someone not getting it at night). He hands me a Visa Application form and the visitor log has me at number 44.

Collected a ticket (2044) on entering the building and queued for circa 1 hour. Clean but air-con set at minimum. There's two counters, one staffed by a pleasant Malaysian woman, the other a Thai. Sadly I got the Thai. No double entry visas and my Tiger Airways ticket impolitely returned.

Application Form.

Copy of the details section of my Irish passport (no need to copy the exit visa stamp from Thailand)

1 passport photo (form requests two)

Copy of my flight (March 2012) from Thailand to Singapore (Tiger Airways). Rudely returned to me.

Tourist Visa MYR110.

Next day, decided to skip the 14.30 melee and arrived 14:50. I’m close to forty years of age and I have to admit cos of the number of stamps in my passport, I always find this part of the visa-run nerve racking, reminding me of the visits to the Principal office form days gone by. In and out in under 5 minutes with my new single entry visa. Life is good again. Next time Singapore but I will have my return ticket to Ireland next time.

ThaiVisa link to another KL visit (the OP never did reply to my email)

Thai Embassy Kuala Lumpur website http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1321.php?depid=220

I

• 1 month later...

Howdy, I am off very soon to get new Non Imm B SINGLE Entry. The oddity here is, do i need to show an outbound flight from Thailand still or not? You see, little known rule here is that i can stay the 90 days on this single entry visa, apply for WP, get one, then take bus to Cambodia to apply for new 1 year multi-entry, so what is the point/need to book flight out when i do not need it? Can anyone answer this?