Siam University

FrancisTenta

Short answer: No!

At the moment, there are only two high ranked universities in Thailand, which is Mahidol and Chulalongkorn (Where Chulalongkorn is the most respected both in Thailand and abroad), but Thammasat is also worth mentioning as it is still internationally accredited. Many of the 'universities' in Thailand are not even respected as universities abroad, but more as training schools. I am on my last semester of my BA at Chulalongkorn, and before I left Denmark for studying here, I had to file a request to the Danish Ministry of Education in order to bring my tuition fee and student support with me to Thailand, and I found out that the only universities that they will support, are the three mentioned above.

But if you are looking for a job here in Thailand, any university degree is still better than no degree!

If you mean "Is it in league with Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard or Yale ?", the answer is "Probably not." A friend of mine taught English there about 25 yrs. ago. I myself have lived here for 16 yrs. While I don't go around taking opinion polls on universities, on the other hand, I have never heard any negative comments about it. In summary, I think it has been around for awhile, and is at least average in terms of its competitors.

It is a top 15% in World rankings university (just look at random rankings on the internet). The British and Americans are used to having the very best so they will unfairly compare it with their Ivy League and Russell Square universities.

It is clearly not the best in Thailand, and the quality of the students shows this. But there are a fair few Westerners doing BAs/ MAs there, as the university has developed niches. As a Westerner you are likely to get a GPA of 3.95 or above and find the work easy. With a 3.95 you will get work, especially if it is in a niche of Siam University.