Buy A Lucky Number My Love

David006

Around our farm ,if its legless it dies,but I work on the catch and release principal with the big tukays,I relocate them to the feed storage bungalow down at the ponds.

Dont know if its my imagination but we seem to have less rats and mice getting at the fish food with them there. :blink:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around our farm ,if its legless it dies,but I work on the catch and release principal with the big tukays,I relocate them to the feed storage bungalow down at the ponds.

Dont know if its my imagination but we seem to have less rats and mice getting at the fish food with them there. :blink:

its your Imagination, I have the best poison known to man Works on anything so far been used on rats, mice, dogs, cats, sparrows, crows mongoose and its cheap about 100 baht a tub. Cats get about 3 meters away before they drop down dead found 60 sparrows in the feed bin all dead fed them to the crows who died as well if anyone needs this stuff ill send you the name of it what to ask for in Thai it is not a poison it is an insect killer. The wifes asleep or id post the name now. please wear disposable gloves or you will be a victim also. For cats mix with a small cooked fish been known to kill 3 at a time

I hate cats worse than snakes any dog that kills or chases stock also gets it and that includes my own.

lets see how many tree huggers respond to this one (Hand ,face, bothered):rolleyes:

Getting a bit one sided this looks like the tree huggers are out numbered here in Thailand and we still have to talk about Spiders yet. But lads If your going to kill snakes remember there great duck food dont get close best thing is a 5ft stick and smash them just behind the head or the top weapon is a petrol strimmer there can only be one winner.:ph34r:

When walking around on the farm, or hiking in the nearby mountain range, I'm always armed with a 6ft stick! ;)

You are a brave man Trond, a big stick against AK 47 rounds and artillery shells. Or is the stick to probe for the landmines. Jim

Up in the mountains I can walk in the foot prints of Buddha, and should thus be protected against mines and bullets.. :whistling:

Guess that explains how you can drive at speed drunk and never have a crash. Pity I forgot my Buddha amulet, that's why I came off my bike. Jim

Despite all us heros killing snakes, check this out. Yesterday the wife and I had finished tucking in the piglets for the night and were walking home past the spirit houses at the sty when this bloody great snake slide straight over my foot and down a hole near the dead peoples shrine. Startled the Be-Jesus out of me and I was half a stride from grabbing a rake in case it came back out when the wife said, "Snake go see Di Yai, luckily you he touch you first." No discretion or valour then, just time for a beer.

Today the spirit house gets fire bombed!

Edited by IsaanAussie

This used to be good forum; it now degenerated into a contest by where rednecks and assorted macho types try to outdo each other.

Good Luck and best regards !

There was me Thinking a Redneck was an American Construction Worker, ? MachoTypes ? Most of these guys are OAPs

Insults because No one wants to be on your side of the playground .Its a fun post dont take it all to heart.

Now do yourself a favor and reply with a smart answer not an insult

If you are leaving good luck saving the world. :jap: DILLIGAF

This used to be good forum; it now degenerated into a contest by where rednecks and assorted macho types try to outdo each other.

If I were a Redneck, I'd probably know how to deal with snakes and which ones were dangerous and which ones were not.

But I'm a city boy. Snakes are snakes. I'm not doing it to be macho. I'm doing it to prevent another one of my stupid pitbulls from playing with cobras and getting tagged.

Snakes is nasty critters. Period.

Snakes, sharks and probably crocodiles scare me SH1T-less and I think that most of us on this topic are in the same boat. Having had personal discussions with all the players here in one form or another, I think there is a lot of similiarities, but no need to harrass each other. There is something that winds each of our clocks. Different for each of us but there never the less. So when two guys living in the firing range of the border spur each other on to continue, it is different to someone who has many other interests but is one of the best gardeners this forum has, probably the best if he could do it fulltime. Relax guys, everyones clocks are ticking just fine and there aren't any trolls here just a few oldtime sparring partners.

Snakes, sharks and probably crocodiles scare me SH1T-less and I think that most of us on this topic are in the same boat. Having had personal discussions with all the players here in one form or another, I think there is a lot of similiarities, but no need to harrass each other. There is something that winds each of our clocks. Different for each of us but there never the less. So when two guys living in the firing range of the border spur each other on to continue, it is different to someone who has many other interests but is one of the best gardeners this forum has, probably the best if he could do it fulltime. Relax guys, everyones clocks are ticking just fine and there aren't any trolls here just a few oldtime sparring partners.

Nice defense, thank you.

You can always be counted on for a reality check.

I am just having fun, but if it wasn't true why did they answer ?

When someone attacks your "character", the best weapon is silence !

Best regards.

Soidog2, I suppose if you are actually asking me to respond than all I can say is.

I farm pigs, others cows and buffalos, chickens and even vegetables. We all have reasons, as our animals all have different thicknesses of hide. I suppose we all react differently to real and perceived threats and taunts. "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me." I've had a comment or two pointed at me in the past which erked me, but now I take the approach, I've been insulted before by experts, why should this one bother me? As expats we face a more complex life than the locals and the local environment puts different stresses on each of us. Such is life!

Maybe go back to the topic and "Buy a Lucky Number."

Edited by IsaanAussie

If I were a Redneck, I'd probably know how to deal with snakes and which ones were dangerous and which ones were not.

But I'm a city boy. Snakes are snakes. I'm not doing it to be macho. I'm doing it to prevent another one of my stupid pitbulls from playing with cobras and getting tagged.

Pitbulls. Safer to have snakes. Jim

No disagreement Jim. My dogs are pure evil....and that's why I have them.

So until you can train a Cobra to protect my property and bring down wild pigs, then I'll stick to pitbulls...

No disagreement Jim. My dogs are pure evil....and that's why I have them.

So until you can train a Cobra to protect my property and bring down wild pigs, then I'll stick to pitbulls...

Pig Baiting This post just gets better and better. Might have to get Jacco Macacco, the Fighting Monkey" to come round and thrash your pitbulls great post love it

:cheesy:

RBH: Not wrong. AC quoted a cobra was approx 9 feet - not a king. Anyway, a king, in spite of its name, is not a true cobra. They're also very shy and not seen very often.

What I had to say was better left un said.

Edited by hedonist44

RBH: Not wrong. AC quoted a cobra was approx 9 feet - not a king. Anyway, a king, in spite of its name, is not a true cobra. They're also very shy and not seen very often.

Arh, go on Hedo, spit it out. Just don't aim for the eyes.

Hey are they real cobras? The spitting ones i mean.

Arh, go on Hedo, spit it out. Just don't aim for the eyes.

Hey are they real cobras? The spitting ones i mean.

Hey Andy and Dave the 6th, we keep going like this and we might just wriggle our way to humour! Anyone seen a trouser snake lately, getting darn scarce around here! My missus said there was the day when she could have eaten them all, now she wishes she had... For the Hansonites from Aussie, Please explain?

"Pig Baiting This post just gets better and better. Might have to get Jacco Macacco, the Fighting Monkey" to come round and thrash your pitbulls great post love it" - Andy Crosby (I had too many quotes)

Andy, I actually do have a monkey and he has zero fear of the pitbull....or much anything else.

He also knows how to put the clip back in my handgun....as well as answer my phone, change the remote for the TV, start the motorbike and open the fridge (but not get beer)

Never, ever get a monkey as a pet....and store your handgun and clip separately.

post-21832-0-24434200-1319537144_thumb.j

"Pig Baiting This post just gets better and better. Might have to get Jacco Macacco, the Fighting Monkey" to come round and thrash your pitbulls great post love it" - Andy Crosby (I had too many quotes)

Andy, I actually do have a monkey and he has zero fear of the pitbull....or much anything else.

He also knows how to put the clip back in my handgun....as well as answer my phone, change the remote for the TV, start the motorbike and open the fridge (but not get beer)

Never, ever get a monkey as a pet....and store your handgun and clip separately.

:offtopic:

For those of you who do not know jacco Macacco was a monkey who used to fight pit bulls and win, Macacco would take on any dog double his weight. He died after fighting the best bitch in England at the time she also died.

Its a true story and you can find it on the Internet

:offtopic:

For those of you who do not know jacco Macacco was a monkey who used to fight pit bulls and win, Macacco would take on any dog double his weight. He died after fighting the best bitch in England at the time she also died.

Its a true story and you can find it on the Internet

Had I known that, i would have called my monkey Jacco...instead of George (of the jungle).

...and in case people wonder, I saved him from being eaten by farmers in my wife's village in Sukhothai, and despite trying to find him a home with a zoo, sanctuary or monkey farm, no one wanted him. He would not have survived by himself if I let him go.

To bring this topic back on track....George is scared of snakes.