Good Speakers For Pc/Mac

THAIPHUKET

Speakers sound better when they have stronger magnets and China is the world power in magnets department.Try speakers - if they sound good,they are good enough.Bring your own source of music(mp3 player or CD)

You can try some stereo sets:you will get CD/DVD player and radio tuner together,they make some world brands in Thailand - so the price is not high.

"Creative" - company from Singapore makes good comp. speakers and they have many interesting models.They created computer world sound standard:"Sound Blaster",and they make famous sound cards.

If you want to improve your comp. music - you can buy external sound card from them,which you connect to USB port of your comp and then to speakers/stereo set or good headphones.

Creative makes multichannel speaker sets for surround sound effects - so called movie theater,which are used for video games mostly,but you can play your music with good effect.

Here in TV you will find fans of US company - "Bose",if you are rich or very demanding and very fussy about sound - buy "Bose".In Bangkok you will find another brand for people with deep pockets - Beogram from Denmark made by "Bang Olufsen".

You can buy Bose or BangOlufsen with closed eyes and the effect will be 100% satisfaction.

"Altec" is another well known brand of comp. speakers - with modest prices,but not cheap.

I am fan of music myself - but I am happy with portable solutions:mp3 player and headphones/earphones.

Creative makes of course their speakers in China like so many other companies. Yes, I can agree that Creative are rather well-sounding speakers but it is not HiFi. I have Creative speakers myself for my laptop and I use Winamp with Sound Blaster.

Personally I am not fond of either Bose or B&O and find them extremely over-rated. B&O is, however, first class when it comes to design while Bose actually, IMO that is, has only produced one really good speaker set, the antique 901s.

Bose's acoustic mass theory is interesting, and I must admit that I bought a system years ago, but they didn't last long with me. They are more of a life-style set that suits modern interiors, and pleases wifes, but one can get much better sounding systems for the same or less.

I looked at some stereo sets with CD/DVD player and radio tuner together, again I was surprised how cheap they were, at 3000b I had my doubts. But it gives the speaker price of only 500b the correct correlation to the set price. OIN the other hand, I don't need a set, got all ready enough electronics in the house which are never used.

I am not looking for super sound, just pleasant, never play too loudly, no over-emphasising the fashionable bumbumbumdrums and clear high tones.

I will look for Creative but want brand is ok for sets? Or are the all now more or less indistinguishable except for price?

Edited by THAIPHUKET

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at some stereo sets with CD/DVD player and radio tuner together, again I was surprised how cheap they were, at 3000b I had my doubts. But it gives the speaker price of only 500b the correct correlation to the set price. OIN the other hand, I don't need a set, got all ready enough electronics in the house which are never used.

I am not looking for super sound, just pleasant, never play too loudly, no over-emphasising the fashionable bumbumbumdrums and clear high tones.

I will look for Creative but want brand is ok for sets? Or are the all now more or less indistinguishable except for price?

If you want o impress yourself and everybody - buy GenevaLabs

Which specific model of the GenevaLabs stuff are you recommending?

Sorry for being late,I missed this somehow.

Which model? - if for i-pod only and regular pc - the entry model,it is expensive enough.(15kB)

Sorry for being late,I missed this somehow.

Which model? - if for i-pod only and regular pc - the entry model,it is expensive enough.(15kB)

Are you assuming that it's good because it's expensive, or do you have first hand experience that causes you to recommend it?

I saw these nice boxes on trade show,later I found their show room.

Notice their name - Geneva,Rolex watches are from Geneva,you will not expect

cheap from Geneva?First I liked design - simple and discreet - everything hidden.

And sound will not disappoint you.

If you care - you can check it yourself,do you know GoldenMile in Singapore?

the same street,BeachRd. corner of MiddleRd.,Show Tower or Cntr?

By irony - in GoldenMile on 2ndF you will find another nice speakers - i-pod dock,

in shape of piggy,this is another side of commercial spectrum - just 50US$,

quite good;because of funny shape and design - they make good effect on guests.

Both devices claim proudly - "hi-fi by design".Piggy goes for 150US$ in US,it is

even in Amazon shop.

cheap from Geneva?First I liked design - simple and discreet - everything hidden.

By irony - in GoldenMile on 2ndF you will find another nice speakers - i-pod dock,

Both devices claim proudly - "hi-fi by design".Piggy goes for 150US$ in US,it is

even in Amazon shop.

Yeah, I know Golden Mile, it's about as much of an audiophile mecca as the Sim Lim.

Edited by OriginalPoster

even in Amazon shop.

Yeah, I know Golden Mile, it's about as much of an audiophile mecca as the Sim Lim.

Dont be funny,GoldenMile is on another end of BeachRd about a mile away.

ShowTower,where GenevaLab showroom is located is a kind of small hi-fi Mecca,you will find there 2 more hi-fi shops.It is on the corner of BeachRd/MiddleRd.

In GoldenMile - you will find:Singha beer,somtan,mango with sticky rice ,ticket to Thailand,good choice of Thai music and Thai movies.

There are also plenty of shops with electronics,very affordable stuff - piggy speakers are very good,if you do not have deep pockets.I mean - good enough.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking for a simple, high quality solution for your internet music, I would suggest standalone Wi-Fi internet radios such as these. You can listen to your music anywhere in the home, on the patio, in the kitchen, or wherever there are WiFi signals -- instead of hunching over the computer terminal. Very versatile, very stylish and reasonably priced too.

post-12459-0-11316800-1320770744_thumb.jpost-12459-0-98747100-1320770940_thumb.j

If you are looking for a simple, high quality solution for your internet music, I would suggest standalone Wi-Fi internet radios such as these. You can listen to your music anywhere in the home, on the patio, in the kitchen, or wherever there are WiFi signals -- instead of hunching over the computer terminal. Very versatile, very stylish and reasonably priced too.

post-12459-0-11316800-1320770744_thumb.jpost-12459-0-98747100-1320770940_thumb.j

Good info may look at something like that myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

you can also order from a website call siamget Altec Lansing speaker from thai online shop .

let me pull a few logo for you what there are selling :

altec-lansing.jpgjbl-logo_siamget.pngmicrolab.jpggeneva_lab.jpg

i like the Altec lansing speaker cos their cheap and good .

try looking at this model

Check out this few model

Altec lansing VS4621

Altec Lansing FX3021

Altec Lansing VS2721

Altec Lansing VS2621

I used to have the FX3022 ---

my new target now is This Baby here . from Geneva Lab

Geneva M

geneva_sound_system_model_m_white_1.jpg

you can also try IT city to test the sound . if you can visit the mall . if not just wait 1-2 days and you get the speaker .

Edited by Ta22

I bought my 3rd set of Saag speakers last year from the A/V department of Supercheap store in Phuket.

They are model - Pentas Ultimate, distinctive by their blue edge trim.

2 desktop speakers aprox. 8" high and a geat subwoofer - all with (cable) remote control for volume, bass, treble and on/off.

I am more than happy with their sound from my PC and were an absolut bargain at 950 baht.

I haven't seen them at any other stores in Thailand - not even in the Bangkok IT malls, and Supercheap sold out almost as soon as they got them .

I bought my 3rd set of Saag speakers last year from the A/V department of Supercheap store in Phuket.

2 desktop speakers aprox. 8" high and a geat subwoofer - all with (cable) remote control for volume, bass, treble and on/off.

I am more than happy with their sound from my PC and were an absolut bargain at 950 baht.

I haven't seen them at any other stores in Thailand - not even in the Bangkok IT malls, and Supercheap sold out almost as soon as they got them .

can tell me what the model number was?

can tell me what the model number was?

It simply says (on the box) - Model: Pentas Ultimate (Blue Metallic) - 1600 watt.

There's a picture on the Saag homepage - if you want to see them. (But the text is in Thai)

Makro has Aconatic AN SP131 on sale for 1190B. Anyone heard of the company or these speakers?

I have seen Aconatic DVD players everywhere. They seem to be in the same genre as other cheap stuff found in every supermarket - such as AJ, SKG, Mitsui etc......

Cheap and cheerful :)

• 2 months later...