Is There A Bus Between Pattaya -Chiang Rai?

sanook 1

Hi all,

as the topic says,is there a bus service between pattaya and chiang rai,if so,where is the ticket both,bus station for it in pattaya,and aprox how many stops and hours of journey?

I been to the nakorn chai air on sukhumvit pattaya klang already and they "only go lao"..

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

>>I been to the nakorn chai air on sukhumvit pattaya klang already and they "only go lao"..<<

I have heard many times that they have the best busses to Chiang Mai .From there you can get a green bus ( also very good ) to Chiang Rai .

The information you received from NCA is incorrect :unsure:

If you are unable to read Thai yourself then please find someone who can and take a look at this section of the NCA website

http://www.nca.co.th/runway.php

On the bottom right hand side of this page which lists the timetables for all the destinations there is a section which says " Rayong-Mae Sai ". these buses start in Rayong and stop in Pattaya before starting their journey north. After about 13 hours, Mae Sai is actually at the border of Thailand and Myanmar and Chiang Rai is just before that.

I feel pretty sure that the bus would stop in Chiang Rai because it is the last place before it terminates at Mae Sai.

So in summary you should be able to go from door to door on NCA :)and I recommend you go Gold class

which actually has more legroom than their first-class service.

Edited by khaan

If you are unable to read Thai yourself then please find someone who can and take a look at this section of the NCA website

On the bottom right hand side of this page which lists the timetables for all the destinations there is a section which says " Rayong-Mae Sai ". these buses start in Rayong and stop in Pattaya before starting their journey north. After about 13 hours, Mae Sai is actually at the border of Thailand and Myanmar and Chiang Rai is just before that.

I feel pretty sure that the bus would stop in Chiang Rai because it is the last place before it terminates at Mae Sai.

So in summary you should be able to go from door to door on NCA :)and I recommend you go Gold class

Correct + 1. Bus leaves Jomtien between 5 and 6 pm and arrives Chiang Rai between 6 and 7 am. However, both Route 1 and 1.1 are badly affected by flooding now, so the service might be postponed.

Kind of a bit on this topic but my girlfriend plans to leave Chiang Rai next week (15th) anyone got info about the flooding... she usually will take a bus to mo chit then to pattaya but im worried there may not be buses going there with the flooding especially next week? Any ideas or alternatives?

Correct + 1. Bus leaves Jomtien between 5 and 6 pm and arrives Chiang Rai between 6 and 7 am. However, both Route 1 and 1.1 are badly affected by flooding now, so the service might be postponed.

I have used NCA several times and from my experience ( I have no idea about the route or reliability of other bus companies ) they don't go anywhere near Jomttien ?:blink:

All NCA buses stop at their dedicated terminal on Sukhumvit Road and generally leave precisely at the time advertised.

And as for whether the flooding is affecting the service I checked with NCA call centre last night and they are still running all services as normal.

Kind of a bit on this topic but my girlfriend plans to leave Chiang Rai next week (15th) anyone got info about the flooding... she usually will take a bus to mo chit then to pattaya but im worried there may not be buses going there with the flooding especially next week? Any ideas or alternatives?

if she travels NCA I think you will find some of the buses are equipped with GSM navigation and they are constantly monitoring

the situation at their head office so the drivers can make detours if necessary. all I know is I phoned their call centre last night and they said all their services are still running normally.

Here is the relevant web page with the call centre details

http://www.nca.co.th/contact.php

Edited by khaan

if she travels NCA I think you will find some of the buses are equipped with GSM navigation and they are constantly monitoring

the situation at their head office so the drivers can make detours if necessary. all I know is I phoned their call centre last night and they said all their services are still running normally.

Here is the relevant web page with the call centre details

http://www.nca.co.th/contact.php

Alright great thanks, ill have her call again later in the week to make sure.

Most people go to Mor Chit and get the bus from there.

I think it is cheaper doing it that way.

I think you can get a bus from Sukhumit as well I did a few years back can't remember where.

But I reckon it is better to fly if you can afford it. It is a rough trip.

Edited by Tolley

Most people go to Mor Chit and get the bus from there. I think it is cheaper doing it that way. I think you can get a bus from Sukhumit as well I did a few years back can't remember where. But I reckon it is better to fly if you can afford it. It is a rough trip.

NCA goes around BKK, so unless you have to go to BKK for other reasons don't go through the headaches of transfering / waiting time loss changing buses. Also, flying can be very time consuming as well: getting from Pats to airport 1 hr ahead of flight is time minimal only if paying for a dedicated taxi. If you are carrying a lot of luggage the bus is definitely an advantage.Perhaps the other deciding factor: If you can fall asleep on the bus (try an antihistimine if difficult) you could be sleeping most of the night & wake up just in time to get off the bus.

Most people go to Mor Chit and get the bus from there. I think it is cheaper doing it that way. I think you can get a bus from Sukhumit as well I did a few years back can't remember where. But I reckon it is better to fly if you can afford it. It is a rough trip.

NCA goes around BKK, so unless you have to go to BKK for other reasons don't go through the headaches of transfering / waiting time loss changing buses. Also, flying can be very time consuming as well: getting from Pats to airport 1 hr ahead of flight is time minimal only if paying for a dedicated taxi. If you are carrying a lot of luggage the bus is definitely an advantage.Perhaps the other deciding factor: If you can fall asleep on the bus (try an antihistimine if difficult) you could be sleeping most of the night & wake up just in time to get off the bus.

By plane including drive to airport about 4 hours.....by bus 14 hours min. no comparison...

did the trip two years ago patts mo chit chaing rai very long rough journey

got the plane back much eaiser and safe

charlie

Two years ago they didn't have first class.:rolleyes:

it's not rough and long at all it's a very pleasant journey and its excellent value for money

http://www.nca.co.th/firstclass.php

were did i say first class

charlie

He is saying two years ago when you went they didn't have First Class buses and now they do so it is a much easier journey.