Great Pizza

L&J

Pizza N Pasta (New York Style Pizza), run by follicle challenged Steve, has been mentioned

in the past but wanted to mentioned it again as Steve has moved to new location. Located

now along the middle ring road halfway between the Hang Dong Road and the Canal Road (on the

south side).

1. Location has great parking and the brilliant white interior is kept so clean that you

could eat off the floor. Casual dining inside or outside. Delivery is also available

Open 11-22:00

2. The Pizza and Calzones are of a quality unmatched anywhere we've eaten in SE Asia. The

Pizza can be ordered with a variety of doughs and sauces that should satisfy anybody's

individual tastes (including Thais who are always there in numbers when we've dined)

3. There are five sizes of pizza including one that would give you sixteen slices (not sure how the delivery guy

handles that baby. Pizza by the slice seems to be available when they are busy.

4. Cost is not as inexpensive as you might find in some other places but if you compare the

size and amount of toppings it is actually a much better bargain than you'll find anywhere

else in town- you be taking some of your pizza home for next day breakfast/lunch.

5. Staff may be the best in the city in that they are so well trained and they always are

extremely happy and friendly.

6. Chef Steve always seems to be there- supervising the kitchen (totally visible and immaculately

clean) and engaging the customers in friendly conversation.

Have no personal interest in Steve's operation other than really want him to stay in business

as there is really nothing better in this hemisphere.

Pizza n Pasta gets my vote

Although there are many Posters who have different views.

I have eaten the Pizza's from Steve's shop ever since he was in the original location - not a long way from where he is at the moment. Then at the second location which was great for me as i live just along the canal road. I have yet to viit him at his new location but look forward to it.

nice website. Seems expensive tho.

My thoughts too, but I will pay a little more if the food is good. Defn worth a try.

His larger pizzas are absolutely HUGE. Probably double the size of most other pizzas available in Chiang Mai. I didn't realize he made a 25" incher. That's probably 3 times bigger than a normal pizza.

I can confirm that the interior is bright, white, and spotless while the service I experienced was very attentive - well trained. Not required when I was there, aircon appears to be available.

Pizza I tried was filling, and I liked the ingredients, but I'd welcome others' judgement about cheese (which must be a big problem here due to costs); also, it is a matter of taste, but I did not find the thin crust thin as anything akin to a European rendition. The herbaceous 'Italian" sauce comes without tang, I thought, again just a matter of taste - plain was suggested and a 'Thai' type sauce is available.

Have yet to try any pasta dishes. Had 16 Thai customers at lunch time when I visited for take-away (used an oven, not micro, for warming).

Check it out: I may have recognized the source of the Italian sausage.

Edited by CMX

It's actually more expensive than Pizza Hut.. didn't know that was possible.

But I wouldnt eat pizza hut for free.

Personally I like a real thin crust base that actually crunches near the crust, this offering (if its the one I think from Samoeng / Canal Rd Junction) is decent but still not enough to rave about. Have to say dukes isnt too bad an offering either.

His larger pizzas are absolutely HUGE. Probably double the size of most other pizzas available in Chiang Mai. I didn't realize he made a 25" incher. That's probably 3 times bigger than a normal pizza.

Looking at the website pictures of the 25" pizza (800 Baht), you get around 8 slices.

Personally, I don't care for pizza, but if I did I think 100 baht a slice is pretty steep.

Pizza lovers might think otherwise.

Obviously the Thai pizza experts think it's worth it and they should know. wink.gif

Perhaps...

'The way that you see it.....

The way that I see it...

And the way that it really is! '

I personally have no complaints. sometimes hit and miss but so can every other Pizza joint in town can be.

For a long while apart from Mr. Chan and Pauline - he was he only show in my part of town town for a while. Now we have Rosewood and the new Franschesca jusytalong the canal road. But -

still 20 inch pizzas from Pizza 'n' Pasta are truly awesome. Not exactly cheap but I believe value for money. I admit that I have only sampled the pizza so I cannot comment on the other fare.

To each his/her own

Went looking for it tonight but could not see any sign that said Pizza and Pasta, wouldn't happen to be the building that's next to a coffee shop would it?Or the sign that says food and drink?

Edited by KRS1

Cant find this place. a Map would be great.

head south on Hang Dong from city centre to Big C crossroads.

Turn right. Approx. 200m after road converges with underpass look for a set of shops set back on the left hand side

there is a sign "Pizza we deliver" on a utility pole and a sign in Thai on the left

if you reach the ludicrous windmill and the new Gates of Babylon you have gone too far

Cant find this place. a Map would be great.

head south on Hang Dong from city centre to Big C crossroads.

Turn right. Approx. 200m after road converges with underpass look for a set of shops set back on the left hand side

there is a sign "Pizza we deliver" on a utility pole and a sign in Thai on the left

if you reach the ludicrous windmill and the new Gates of Babylon you have gone too far

"Gates of Babylon"? I though it was a space portal.

• 3 weeks later...

Only want to second the many other favourable comments about the Pizza and Pasta place, and especially the service.

Went there the other day, and had a nice pizza. Unusually enough, they also give you three (if I remember correctly)

choices for what kind of crust you want, rather than only what kind of toppings.

The biggest surprise was however how a minor mistake was handled. We ordered a medium (16" I think) pizza, and at the same

time as delivering the pizza, the waiter informed us that they had made a mistake, and baked us a small pizza rather

than the medium pizza we had ordered. Oh the tragedy ... I couldn't really tell the difference myself (14" vs 16"?),

but the waiter, and what I assume was the owner/chef, in the kitchen, apologized and said they'd make us a new medium size pizza

pronto, free of charge, and wondered whether we would like a different topping on that one?

Many thanks, and we'll take the second pizza to go if possible please.

Never experienced service quite like that before, and when in addition the pizza tastes like it does, I'm a fan too now.

is the new location somewhere near the windmill restaurant and across from the Siwalee housing?

Pizza not great but spectacular ! The best pizza American or New York style in not only chiang mai but in Southeast Asia. The nemrods belching different are just typical tv cry babies ..

the onion rings are great two served with thousand island type sauce come out quick great with beer while waiting on the pizza ,gets crowded since the Thai collage set discovered his place.

sausage,mushroom,onion,green pepper with double cheese if you please with the new york style crust . We like the spicy sauce but it has a good kick so be ready. the lasagna with meat sauce and sausage with extra cheese for everyone working on their futue heart attack is double what you get elsewhere it is a monster so be hungry!

Edited by yesterday