Spam

Has anybody else been spammed by this company. The only Samui based website I belong to is this one so Why is my email being given out to companies ?

Can you tell XXXXXXXXX I don't want any <deleted> 24 security

Not impressed

REFERENCE REMOVED.

Edited by Rooo

I have sent you a PM. Please advise me via PM the method & the content.

Thaivisa does not give your information to anyone, so please confirm what I asked. If anyone else received such spam VIA PM, please forward to me.

Thank you.

Rooo.

Privacy Policy for thaivisa.com

The privacy of our visitors to thaivisa.com is important to us.

At thaivisa.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit thaivisa.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.

Continued Here.

Your report is the only one. Thaivisa data base has not been compromised. Your information could have been purchased from any source worldwide.

If someone sends you an Email from your profile page, it will show as coming from a member & not outside soure..

Hope this helps.For any further concerns of this nature it would be more expedient to contact [email protected].

The email address it was sent to was the one attached solely to Thai visa and no other site.

The only way it could have come was through this forum.

Saying that my details could have been purchased from any source worldwide also doesn't hold water.

A Thai security firm mailing me after joining a Thai forum mad.gif

Anybody heard of them ?

REMOVED NAME & REFERENCE TO COMPANY.

Edited by Rooo

yup had the same thing just yesterday

Where did you get it from? Member from Thaivisa or outside source? I also get a few Emails from Thai or more exact Samui companies, but that information could come from any company, government department we deal with. How many times do they ask you for your Email address?

The email address it was sent to was the one attached solely to Thai visa and no other site.

The only way it could have come was through this forum.

Saying that my details could have been purchased from any source worldwide also doesn't hold water.

A Thai security firm mailing me after joining a Thai forum mad.gif

Anybody heard of them ?

REFERENCE REMOVED>

If someone sends you an Email from your profile same as I have done it will show as coming from a member in this instance Rooo.

I do not believe for one minute you have never given your address to anyone else. Never filled out an Immigration form, purchased a phone, got members cards to any stores?

Come on be real, why would we give your Email to anyone/? We have over 150,000 members & this is the first time we have been accused of that.

I suggest you contact support or change that particular account that has been compromised.

Or have you considered that one of your acquaintances have had their account compromised & they got your details?

Edited by Rooo

Thaivisa does not and has never sold members emails. Ever. I don't know what the email says, but if you forward it with full headers to support [at] thaivisa.com then we can have a look. But I can absolutely guarantee we do not sell emails.

I do not believe for one minute you have never given your address to anyone else. Never filled out an Immigration form, purchased a phone, got members cards to any stores?

So I'm a liar now ?

I havegiven out my address to loads of people but not the one the spam was sent to

Whenever I open an account on a forum or website I don't know a lot about I always use a throw away email address as I did here for that very reason. I opened this account with a fresh email address. The only mail it gets is from TV. I have other addresses which I use but this has only ever been used here on TV so nobody else has this address that I know so it couldn't have come from a friends compromised account either.

I thought that brining it to your attention may been to your benefit. Now I just seem to get flak for mentioning it.

I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

So I'm a liar now ?

I havegiven out my address to loads of people but not the one the spam was sent to

Whenever I open an account on a forum or website I don't know a lot about I always use a throw away email address as I did here for that very reason. I opened this account with a fresh email address. The only mail it gets is from TV. I have other addresses which I use but this has only ever been used here on TV so nobody else has this address that I know so it couldn't have come from a friends compromised account either.

I thought that brining it to your attention may been to your benefit. Now I just seem to get flak for mentioning it.

Thank you Bob, now that you have shed a bit more light on it, will investigate further.

So I'm a liar now ?

As I said before Bob I've never had any emails from anyone selling me stuff which could possibly have originated here.

You would think I'd be inundated what with me being filthy rich an' all.....biggrin.gif

Is your email bungalowbob@[yahoo/gmail/freeemail.com/hotmail.com]?

Some creative spammers have been know to automatically scrap username from forums and append the popular free email providers. Just a thought

Edited by matt111

Your report is the only one. Thaivisa data base has not been compromised.

How did you determine the latter?

I'm not entering into any discussion above my head Matt, please contact .... Support at thaivisa.com

yup had the same thing just yesterday

Is this a PM or an email from ThaiVisa or a third party?

A mutual acquaintance given out your emails I would guess.

If it's Thaivisa generated, it would show member name, the one that Bob received is from a third party with what looks like a lot of BCC.

bannanit ask you to leave a phone number and email everytime you buy something

as does thai inter hospital

are all the bcc thaivisa member email address??

If this email was sent using an address picked up here then why would BungalowBob and stiggy have been singled out?

No one else is reporting having received this.

Edit: I'm feeling left out now...so if you're reading this Mr spammer please send some to my email address! biggrin.gif

Edited by smokie36

Ok I to have recieved spam emails from them didnt mention TV at all, as orginal OP question was has anyone else recived these emails.

Now please all just jog on and have a nice day, nothing to see hear obviously :)

Edited by Rooo
Remark removed. Against forum rules.

Is your email bungalowbob@[yahoo/gmail/freeemail.com/hotmail.com]?

Some creative spammers have been know to automatically scrap username from forums and append the popular free email providers. Just a thought

Nope nothing close to my posting name for that very reason.

So I'm a liar now ?

Shut up Bob and stop telling porkies! :D

We have so far been pointed in the right direction. Let me assure again it is not being generated from Thaivisa.

It is rather a common thread between several businesses on Samui using a particular company.

Just waiting on further details & confirmation.

where these emails being sent to personal emails or buiness emails? , have the people who signed up EVER sent an email to a samui company or joined another mailing list? , i have received emails in the past from samui companies whom have also CC'd about 100 other emails into the email, now, people who also receive these emails may store these address's for there own mailouts.... , it might also help to google your email address, as it might be somewhere else as well

but IF you have signed up for say another mailing list, be it Bangkok Airways as an example, they might sell on or mistakenly give out your email, ( i once recieved an email from BKK airways with a CC with about 90 other emails of people applying for a resident card.. )

I think you will find this is where your email got comprimised..

Have to admit that the irony of all this is a little amusing.

I mean, a SECURITY company appears to obtaining email addresses in a perhaps not so secure way, and then uses them to promote their own business. Not sure I would be happy with their internal policies to want to use them myself.:unsure:

I would not trust any company not to sell data or have there system compromised. The biggest companies in the world can be hacked and what is Thai visa.

so , in theory, if thaivisa's system was compromised, why hasnt everyone been targeted with this email ? , it appears only SAMUI based members are receiving these emails, which would show the email addresses have been supplied by a samui cmpany, but which one is the question

there will be a connection between the members if you look closely, IE they would have all possibly used the service of a samui company without realising there info was passed on