Shocking Behaviour Yesterday.

longstebe

I'm currently down here in Pattaya on a little vacation from Isaan to see a friend and eat some good food.

The wife and I decided we should visit koh larn just for the day so we packed our bag and set off to board the small ferry (150 bht return).

We got lucky with the weather so it was a pleasant day until we left on the 4.30pm boat back.

An orderly queue was formed to board the small boats (2 of them) which would then take you out to board the small ferry. Then disaster struck, the queue became a fight for survival, our party of 4 what were about 10 people back never made the first 2 and only just made the last 2.

People were pushing and scrambling to board these small boats it was embarrassing. Lets just say that most of the people left were Asian.

Maybe its a case of being there to fully understand how bad it was. My point is how people behaved just to board a boat.

Russians? I can't say for sure but certainly Eastern European.

Black Friday doesn't even come close to what I witnessed.

My favourite ones are the thais that just pretend there are no queues whatsoever and to their eyes you just do not exist, put their shopping on front of yours at the till and the cashier just play by their games.....lovely eh?:D

Eastern Europeans have had a lot of practice in queues.

I would always bet on them.

Agree! Worst fights I have ever seen was in Kiev... not enough public transport.... if you want to get on, it's "survival of the most shoving and pushing"...

Easy next time get a boat to the other side of the island, ferries run every hour and you just hire a scooter for 200bht and zoom around the island at your leisure, Love the Russian girls, topless, gstringed and beer in hand.

Eastern Europeans have had a lot of practice in queues.

I would always bet on them.

That is a bloody good point! Although I have found the Chinese are the worst in the world for joining an orderly queue

Yep, they had no qualms about running over my 8 month pregnant missus on our visit there. Boarding the trams for the airplane I had to play offensive lineman for her and run interference and they'd never seen anyone playing that position up close so it only took a few good blocks to get their attention as to how to act around a pregnant woman..

Was quite funny to see the mainland Chinese at Hong Kong Disneyland being forced to take their places in the queue, there is a pre book system in place and they would all get very upset if they thought someone was jumping the line. However trying to get on or off the Hong Kong tube system needs elbows of steel.

the op should try getting off the local bus in bkk exspecially outside the world trade center when the waiting ones are pushing to get on,and thats with the bus still moving in the middle of the road,still only 7bht cant moan.