Travel Agents

petercallen

You might have better luck going direct to the airline e.g. Thai's Royal Orchid Plus has lots of package holidays & they do fly to Johannesburg. Try at their office in Phuket Town. Also Singapore Airlines through the Silk Air office.

Edited by Valentine

I took Valentines advice and went to Thai Airways in Phuket town

They have quite a few international tour packages but you cannot book directly through them

you have to use one of there recommended travel agents which are listed on there web site

One is Sweetland travel and tours, its easy to find near the pizza place in Bangla Road

• 4 weeks later...

After checking different travel agents i have found that local travel agents only do

travel packages in Asia and international flights

A couple said they could do packages but after waiting 3 weeks for a answer

i arranged a package through jetset i Australia, everything sorted out in 4 days

Why not use agoda.com?

Cheaper by half in some cases and have unbeatable prices.

Online has the best deal. Fullstop

Its easy to book your own fares on the Internet, We are going to Africa where i have never been before

Capetown Johannesburg, Victoria Falls, Kruger National Park Accommodation, meals, tours etc

Including 9 different connecting flights thats why i used a travel agent who knows what they are doing

The agent Karen at Jetset Applecross in Perth as done the tour herself

Why not use agoda.com?

Cheaper by half in some cases and have unbeatable prices.

Online has the best deal. Fullstop

Its easy to book your own fares on the Internet, We are going to Africa where i have never been before

Capetown Johannesburg, Victoria Falls, Kruger National Park Accommodation, meals, tours etc

Including 9 different connecting flights thats why i used a travel agent who knows what they are doing

The agent Karen at Jetset Applecross in Perth as done the tour herself

OP, as mentioned, you posted this before, and now are you saying you use Karen in Perth? Did you just post a question and answer it yourself..................???

OP, as mentioned, you posted this before, and now are you saying you use Karen in Perth? Did you just post a question and answer it yourself..................???

I originally asked about travel agents who could arrange a package deal in Phuket

All the recommended agents could not do it

So i had to go elsewhere to arrange what i wanted

Yes i did answer the question myself and let other people know what to do.

I would have been happy to keep the business local unfortunately it was not possible

Understood PC, it does sound like an extensive trip.

There is a pretty modern travel agency in the Fisherman's Way Business Center (not the new one on Viset but the center on Chaofa) and they have posters up advertising Europe tours, Africa also.

I'm pretty sure they would be able to handle a basic package, but I agree what you describe for Africa, probably best handled the way you did.

Have a good trip and report for us how it went. BR, GOM