Step Daughter To England?

hi all,

need some advice on which visa to use for my thai step daughter. my wife has just been granted 3 years limited leave to remain uk visa and we now want to bring her 4 year old daughter to live with us.

any advice welcome

thanks darryl

Edited by darrylcfc

Like TVE, I am confused as to which type of visa your wife has; an initial settlement visa as a spouse or partner is valid for 27 months and FLR is valid for 24 months. I don't know of a "3 years limited leave to remain uk visa."

Whatever type of visa or leave to remain your wife has, her daughter, if successful, will be given the same.

First step is for you to read Children of British citizens and settled people and SET07 - Children, paying particular attention to SET7.8 What is sole responsibility?

Like TVE, I am confused as to which type of visa your wife has; an initial settlement visa as a spouse or partner is valid for 27 months and FLR is valid for 24 months. I don't know of a "3 years limited leave to remain uk visa."

Whatever type of visa or leave to remain your wife has, her daughter, if successful, will be given the same.

First step is for you to read Children of British citizens and settled people and SET07 - Children, paying particular attention to SET7.8 What is sole responsibility?

she has been granted a 3 year limited leave to remain visa[residence permit] under discretionary circumstances as she transfered over from a family visit visa.

hope this helps.....

Hi,

My wife has been give 3 yrs limited leave, My wife came on a fiancee visa for 6 months (March 2011) then we applied for FLR expiry date 5/11/2014.

We are also going to bring my wifes son to the UK (settlement),

We intend to send all documentation including the sole responsibility document via recorded post , to my wifes Sister, who will then accompany our step son to VFS , I just need to clarify if this is OK with the UKBA.

Hopefully when the Visa is proceesed and approved , we will then travel to Bangkok to collect the little man.

Happy Days

Cheers

Dave