Ilr Visa Or Passport (Help)

my wife has been in england for 4 years on a 2 year spouce visa (renewed once). we are planning to do a ILR Visa in dec and is currently doing the british test. my question is when she passes the british test can she skip the ILR Visa and go straight for a british passport or does she have to do the ILR Visa first, We have to 2 english born children together and my wife has a daughter from a prevoius relashionship (thai) who lives with us in the uk...also when we do the british passport what are the fees and do i have to pay for my stepdaughter or are they linked? any advice would be very gratefull.

many thanks jason

ILR fees for SET(M) are currently:

• Main applicant: £972 by post, £1350 in person.
  • Each child under 18 included in application: £486 by post, £675 in person.

See Completing application form SET(M) .

Remember that to be included in their parents application the child must

• Be under 18
  • Have a settlement visa or leave to remain which expires at the same time as the parent's.

ILR fees for SET(M) are currently:

• Main applicant: £972 by post, £1350 in person.
  • Each child under 18 included in application: £486 by post, £675 in person.

See Completing application form SET(M) .

Remember that to be included in their parents application the child must

• Be under 18
  • Have a settlement visa or leave to remain which expires at the same time as the parent's.

thanks mate....best get saving....thats top dollar.....what would happen if we could not pay surely they could not deport them ? what about the right to a family life, she has 2 uk born kids....i will pay just curious.

The right to family life under Article 8 of the ECHR is a qualified right; the law, including immigration law, of a signatory state takes precedence.

This means that if someone did not apply for ILR, for any reason, or was refused then they would have to leave the UK; if they didn't then they would be in the UK illegally.

The fee charged for ILR and most other visa and leave to remain applications is way above the actual cost of processing them; according to the governments own figures. This is because the last Labour government decided that the UKBA should pay for itself, so these fees have to cover the cost of immigration officers at ports of entry and other UKBA activities which cannot be charged for. Despite vociferous objections from both the Tories and the LibDems when Labour introduced these fees, they have not only kept them but continued with Labour's policy of regularly increasing them by amounts well above inflation.

The right to family life under Article 8 of the ECHR is a qualified right; the law, including immigration law, of a signatory state takes precedence.

This means that if someone did not apply for ILR, for any reason, or was refused then they would have to leave the UK; if they didn't then they would be in the UK illegally.

The fee charged for ILR and most other visa and leave to remain applications is way above the actual cost of processing them; according to the governments own figures. This is because the last Labour government decided that the UKBA should pay for itself, so these fees have to cover the cost of immigration officers at ports of entry and other UKBA activities which cannot be charged for. Despite vociferous objections from both the Tories and the LibDems when Labour introduced these fees, they have not only kept them but continued with Labour's policy of regularly increasing them by amounts well above inflation.

thanks again you always come up with the goods...thanks.......best get saving

post-57745-0-97078200-1319313141_thumb.j