Delivery Of New Cars Are On Hold

yannic

Of course the recent flooding have affected almost all car manufacturers in Thailand. Even if the factory itself is not inundated like Toyota but sub-suppliers are. So that all production is on hold for the moment. Toyota stopped working last October 10, and production might not start before beginning or mid November . My sales agent told me that delivery of my new Fortuner, ordered already mid August will be at least one month later then expected. That's bad for me as I would like to have the car asap. Otherwise no own transportation aside from a motorbike.

Anyone has other infos about new car delivery. Did you hear similar answers or total different things.

Let me know... :jap:

Add Nissan to the list too - they have also now stopped all production in TH due to parts supply chain issues.

All affected manufacturers (Toyota, Nissan & Honda) currently expect production to return to normal in approx. one month.

Production may return to normal but there will surely be a backlog of orders.

On another note, would anyone consider buying a Honda over the next few months? What would happen to all those cars currently sitting flooded? Are they disposed off or would Honda wash them down with water and sell them?

On another note, would anyone consider buying a Honda over the next few months? What would happen to all those cars currently sitting flooded? Are they disposed off or would Honda wash them down with water and sell them?

I asked the same question in another thread, as I was afraid that the dealer might give you a flooded car. But the answers were:

"The dealer will NOT deliver a car thats damaged in any way, not even with a scratch mark let alone water damage. Make sure you go over your car from bonnet to boot making sure its 100% as new or don't take deli vary until any minor probs have been sorted

They have insurance against flood and hail"

"usually flood damaged new cars are dumped in a market they dont operate in, for Honda that might be in an african country, all badges removed or cut in two and banned VIN, and given to schools for educational purpose"

So I guess we could be safe that those cars will not be sold to normal Thai car buyers

I have a friend ordered a new Honda accord just 3 weeks before the Japan disaster. That caused her to wait longer than expected.She was hoping to get the car sometime this month. But it looks like now it will be a 2012 car. The worst part is she sold her Honda civic she had before she ordered her new one.

Edited by lovelomsak

The GM (Ford and Mazda) factory near Si Racha has stopped production for the moment due to lack of parts and told its staff that it will be closed until at least 1 November.

I'm sure you mean "AAT", not GM :)

I can just see the PR now..

"Ford's highly anticipated T6 Ranger and Mazda's much maligned BT-50 achieve the lowest ever quality survey result in JD Power's history"

"Industry experts suggest that using arch-rival General Motors assembly plants may have been a factor in today's less than stellar result"

Add Nissan to the list too - they have also now stopped all production in TH due to parts supply chain issues.

All affected manufacturers (Toyota, Nissan & Honda) currently expect production to return to normal in approx. one month.

My new Nissan was made last week and will be delivered next week I was told by the staff./

They said delivery was taking an extra day do to road closeures

Add Mistubishi to the affected list, so now that means that all Japanese manufacturers in the Kingdom have production interruptions due to the floods.

My Mitsubishi dealer told me, that new cars are delayed by around 2-3 weeks

Today (4-Nov-2011), Toyota "Motor show" in Big C Extra (Pattaya)

Asked about the delivery date for a 4 Door, 3.0 Lt AT Vigo Champ

and was told ..................... April Next Year

It's bad :(

yeah its sad

I ordered a 4 Door, 3.0 Lt AT Vigo Champ in mid august

they only say I will get it next year...

Ford / Mazda are now back at work and in production - parts not available in Thailand due to the floods are now being sourced from China instead.

China ???...do I have to cancel my T6 order..??...don't want china parts in my truck...!!..hope it's not true..

My CR-V was to be delivered around 15th of Oct but I was told 2 months before anyone even knows where it is! It may be at Ayuthaya or safe but until the water recedes they can't say but I will be made an offer then. Obviously looking on a computer to see status of cars scheduled for delivery to your dealership is planned for the days of space travel and futuristic innovations.

Isuzu Naratiwa can deliver dmax and mu7 in 5 - 7 days so seems not affected at the moment. I will see if I can buy a PJS today and report back.

Edited by 2unique

My CR-V was to be delivered around 15th of Oct but I was told 2 months before anyone even knows where it is! It may be at Ayuthaya or safe but until the water recedes they can't say but I will be made an offer then. Obviously looking on a computer to see status of cars scheduled for delivery to your dealership is planned for the days of space travel and futuristic innovations.

Isuzu Naratiwa can deliver dmax and mu7 in 5 - 7 days so seems not affected at the moment. I will see if I can buy a PJS today and report back.

Honda has stored a few thousand units dry in Don Muang, waiting to be trucked out to buyers

...... I will see if I can buy a PJS today and report back.

If you order a PJS now, you can take delivery somewhere early January.

just found out same or can take the 4 speed gearbox 2WD model in bronze down at Silom.

if January I may consider the 2012 CRV then wife can drive it too, she won't drive a PJS or a MU7 as dislikes driving unless she has to -

if January I may consider the 2012 CRV

Better order that 2012 CR-V now, if you want it before xmas next year ;)

trouble is I sold my car already and really need something now - January for a new Pajero sucks and i'm not sure I like the curvy styling! no idea on my CRV where I haggled for all the options and got the interest rate down.Silom has a bronze 2011 PJS 4x4 4 Speed box available now or Mu7 Choiz all options now!

if the Mu had the 5 speed box I'd be in there like swimwear

Edited by 2unique

What's the big issue with it's 4-speeder? OK, sure, 4-speed does feel a little prehistoric these days, but an extra gear isn't going to have a marked effect on acceleration nor fuel effeciency (a few percent at best), and the Isuzu 3.0L diesel isn't being power or torque limited by the 4AT.

i.e. A 5AT is not going to transform the MU-7 into a different car...

What's the big issue with it's 4-speeder? OK, sure, 4-speed does feel a little prehistoric these days, but an extra gear isn't going to have a marked effect on acceleration nor fuel effeciency (a few percent at best), and the Isuzu 3.0L diesel isn't being power or torque limited by the 4AT.

Whenever i've driven 4 speeds they always feel like they are over revving and/or working too hard, admittedly never driven anything diesel. Feels like a step backwards and paying more for the privilege.

Whenever i've driven 4 speeds they always feel like they are over revving and/or working too hard, admittedly never driven anything diesel. Feels like a step backwards and paying more for the privilege.

same 4 speed auto in Vigo/fortuna works fine. 160kmh is a relaxing 3.000rpm. the advantage of the Aisin 5 speed is shift point better adjusted to peak power curve, Vigo/fortuna 5 speed shifts at 3800rpm, no more power on tap above this, while 4 speed continues to 4200rpm

Ford / Mazda are now back at work and in production - parts not available in Thailand due to the floods are now being sourced from China instead.

China ???...do I have to cancel my T6 order..??...don't want china parts in my truck...!!..hope it's not true..

That comes from one of my in-laws, who has just gone back to work at the factory - and according to him they already use some Chinese manufactured parts anyway!