Delivery Of New Cars Are On Hold

yannic

We went to the Honda car dealer yesterday, she told us it would take 6 months to one year to get a new car.

OMG I was thinking if I should not have ordered a Honda CRV instead of the Fortuner back in August. I am somehow happy I did not decide for the Honda. But still not yet sure when I will be able to get my Fortuner. Actually the car should have been delivered mid to end of October already. But since Toyota stopped working at around mid October, I am not sure how far they were with my car. I would guess it would have been almost finished or do they build those cars in a day and my car has not been started to work on?

Oh man the sales guy can not give me a sufficient answer.

We went to the Honda car dealer yesterday, she told us it would take 6 months to one year to get a new car.

I wanted to buy a Honda Brio in the next few months to take advantage of the Government's 100,000 baht rebate but i guess no chance of that now. Has anyone recently ordered/bought a Brio recently and what was the quoted delivery date.

OMG I was thinking if I should not have ordered a Honda CRV instead of the Fortuner back in August. I am somehow happy I did not decide for the Honda. But still not yet sure when I will be able to get my Fortuner. Actually the car should have been delivered mid to end of October already. But since Toyota stopped working at around mid October, I am not sure how far they were with my car. I would guess it would have been almost finished or do they build those cars in a day and my car has not been started to work on?

Saw 2 new Fortuner 2012 models driving down sukhumvit 22 today. Mitsubishi on Rama 3 said they can get cars in a month and that's faster than anyone else. Honda are saying they are can't do a thing not even check records until the water recedes.

Toyota Chachoensao pumps out a car a second I'm told - or might be 3 seconds...

Saw 2 new Fortuner 2012 models driving down sukhumvit 22 today. Mitsubishi on Rama 3 said they can get cars in a month and that's faster than anyone else. Honda are saying they are can't do a thing not even check records until the water recedes.

Toyota Chachoensao pumps out a car a second I'm told - or might be 3 seconds...

Most makers max manufactoring is one hour divided into 20, thats one car every 3 minutes from each assembly line, and every job on the assembly is 3,6 or 9 minutes.

Toyota Thailand has just announced all 3 plants expected to be manufactoring November 21st, and full output is the goal.

Plants in other countries may continue with reduced output

Just spoke to a friend at Toyota - Hilux Vigo, Camry Hybrid and Prius production will be resuming on the 21st, but it's still not yet clear when production of the Yaris, Vios and Altis will be able to resume - when pushed they just said "maybe January".

No problems with Avanaza and Innova, as they come from Indonesia ;)

Toyota Thailand has just announced all 3 plants expected to be manufactoring November 21st, and full output is the goal.

Just spoke to a friend at Toyota - Hilux Vigo, Camry Hybrid and Prius production will be resuming on the 21st, but it's still not yet clear when production of the Yaris, Vios and Altis will be able to resume - when pushed they just said "maybe January".

but made from mainly TH made parts, at least the export (TH) models

Toyota TH has done a major campaign on Vios, still doing?, with 5k baht down and 8k baht a month (basicly a 40k baht discount on cash down pluss 1st class Insurance), for january deliver

And how about the Fortuner? I want to have my Fortuner...

After a trip overseas we arrived in the Kingdom on the 7th and our first priority was to buy a new truck. We spent two days looking and by the end of the search we were simply going in to dealers and asking if they had any trucks available at all, not even being specific on model or brand. We found one entry level diesel Toyota, and two gasoline versions of the same, but that was it. Everything else was a 2 month and longer wait time. We almost bought the diesel, but we are now looking at a 2010 we like better.

• 3 weeks later...

Honda to Resume Local Production Next April

Honda Motor, one of Japan's largest automobile manufacturers, is planning to resume its operation in Thailand in April next year after disruption by floods.

The manufacturing plant was forced to suspend its operation since the beginning of October when the floods hit Ayutthaya Province.

Honda Motor was forced to suspend its operation since October 4.

The 6 month-suspension is costing Honda Motor 4.7 percent of its global production.

Nikkei, a Japanese newspaper, revealed Honda Motor plans to resume its operation in Thailand in April next year.

Soon, the company will install new machinery to replace the existing ones that were damaged by the floods.

The Ayutthaya plant is used to produce Honda Civic and CRV sport utility vehicles.

The manufacturing plant has the capacity to produce 240,000 units of cars per year, making it one of Honda's most important manufacturing hub in Southeast Asia.

Honda Motor also announced that all of its plants in north America will restart their assembly lines by the beginning of next year following improvement in overall parts supply, which was hit by the Thailand floods.

Edit :// Added Source

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4879589

Edited by MJCM

Completly Built Up units can now be imported tax free until 30th June 2012, wonder if they will command a premium when sold in the future?

I doubt it, as they are supposed to only import the same models as sold here. I wonder what effect it will have on prices - slightly more for Japanese made? Would be nice if they slipped in some honda jazz hybrids, or that RS model which I think has a 6 speed gearbox, but even they might not be allowable under the rules.

Completly Built Up units can now be imported tax free until 30th June 2012, wonder if they will command a premium when sold in the future?

I doubt it, as they are supposed to only import the same models as sold here. I wonder what effect it will have on prices - slightly more for Japanese made? Would be nice if they slipped in some honda jazz hybrids, or that RS model which I think has a 6 speed gearbox, but even they might not be allowable under the rules.

Duty free imports must be identical to TH spec CBU prior to flooding, so no changes to what was sold a month ago. I would assume prices will be identical to not damage rep with the financecompanies, they demand stability to keep interest/risk down. and as TH automaker employees have been granted WP in Japan, they will most likely be made by the same people

good news is, a month from now Honda can deliver :)

all the sudden a 599k baht City is on my GF list again, so no fooling around with Proton and other amatours, the main players are back on track

• 4 weeks later...

yet even so - When I went and cancelled my CR-V order the sales girl told me she would have a Japanese import for me in 2 months.

so did you take it, or did you went on canceling the CR-V? Or what other options do you consider at the moment? I am in the process to decide if I should cancel my Fortuner order and go for another car or wait for it, but no delivery date available.

yet even so - When I went and cancelled my CR-V order the sales girl told me she would have a Japanese import for me in 2 months.

so did you take it, or did you went on canceling the CR-V? Or what other options do you consider at the moment? I am in the process to decide if I should cancel my Fortuner order and go for another car or wait for it, but no delivery date available.

I had already bought a MU-7 - the extra clearance allowed me to return home through the lingering 55-60cm waters - so cancelled. 2 week wait for my 5k deposit.

I think you have more options now with supply resuming. Rama 3 Mitsubishi can get you a PJS in a month not sure on Fortuner and not sure if I'd want to pay the extra 200,000 baht for extras (- 4X4) that come standard on the 2x2 PJS

Been driving the motorway last few days late night/early morning and see large lorries carrying the new ranger didnt get close enough to see if it said 2.2 on the side flare but im assuming they were all the 2.2L's, also saw old focuses being transported, and lots of isuzu dmaxs, mitsubishi triton 4drs and pajero sports. was hoping things were getting back to normal supply/logistics wise.....mellow.png