You Restaurant Thai Visa Sponsors - Christmas Dinner Inquiries

Beetlejuice

Will any of you guys be lying on any sorts of Christmas dinners and if so, are you able to give us poor deprived ex pats some details please?

Last year the girlfriend had a bash at roasting a turkey and making a pudding. It was horrible and still trying to get my stomach back in order.

We at The Olde Bell will be serving Christmas Dinner as usual on 24th and 25th December. There will be 3 sittings, Christmas Eve at 7.30pm Christmas Day at Midday and Christmas Day at 7pm

The bill of fayre is as follows:

Bill of Fayre

A Glass of Sherry or House Vodka or Gin and mixer to start

- - - - - -

Prawn cocktail in a Marie Rose Sauce or Tomato soup with homemade bread

- - - - - - -

Roast Breast and leg of Nebraska Turkey with Roast Potatoes,

Mashed Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Carrots and Broccoli.

Served with Sage and Onion Stuffing, Chestnut stuffing, Gravy, bread sauce

and Cranberry Sauce

- - - - - - -

Traditional Christmas Pudding with Rum Sauce

- - - - - - -

FREE drink

Pint or large bottle of local beer,

large glass of house wine or a glass of orange juice or a Coke

Tickets will be on sale from around the end of this month at 695 Baht (discounts are available for local resident expats, drop in and have a word with us.)

Childrens rates are available that vary according to age and If there will be a Thai option for Thai partners if they don't like Farang food.

Hope that answers your question, as I said the best thing to do is to drop in and chat about your individual needs or email us.

• 1 month later...

What's the latest on this? A few of us are looking to book something this week and were wondering what the options were. Are civilians (not restaurant owners) allowed to suggest places even if they aren't TV sponsors? Would be great to hear what the Queen Vic and the Pub are offering, amongst others.

Cheers

What's the latest on this? A few of us are looking to book something this week and were wondering what the options were. Are civilians (not restaurant owners) allowed to suggest places even if they aren't TV sponsors? Would be great to hear what the Queen Vic and the Pub are offering, amongst others.

Cheers

Members are allowed to suggest non sponsor restaurants and what they serve (e.g.Steaks, Pizza, Burgers, Lunch Buffet's etc), all year round.....why would Christmas be any different? I think lots of restaurants that are not sponsors, were suggested for thanksgiving.

Edited by uptheos

Christmas dinners boycot meatless eaters? sad.gif

What?! I had a great vegetarian xmas dinner at the Olde Bell last year and I've just seen, thanks to Dave2, that the Un Irish also has a vegetarian option. There's plenty of veggie friendly options. Unless of course your post was just trying to insight a festive vegetarian riot.

Check out the menu at Le Meridien.

Christmas Brunch Buffet

25 December 2011

Latest Recipe

THB 850net per person

Cold Buffet

Freshly shacked oysters with condiments

Ham rolls with soft boursin cream cheese

Variety cheese platter with condiment

Sushi & sashimi with wasabi, pickles ginger and soy sauce

Vietnamese spring roll

Poached prawn on pineapple tree with sauce and condiments

Balmain bugs marinated in lemon vinaigrette on rocket leaves

Poached salmon in white wine with soft egg and salmon caviar

Air dried meats with pickles and vegetables antipasto’s

Carving of graved lax and beetroot smoked salmon

Served on wooden trolley on the table

8 different mixed Salads from around the world

With our home made dressing

Soup Station

Tom yum goong

Pumpkin soup with crabmeat and roasted almond

Hot Dishes

Beef stew braised in red wine with bacon bits and croutons, mash potato

Slow cooked duck breast glazed with orange and honey, lentil stew

Chicken breast grilled with Cajun seasoning and vegetable rice

Wok fried crystal prawn

Chinese fried rice with BBQ pork

Pork saltimbocca with marsala sauce

Vegetable lasagna

Butter chicken with Naan bread

And condiment plain yoghurt, mango chutney

Carving Stations

Honey glaze virginia ham with grilled pine apple and apple sauce

Roasted turkey with tradition stuffing and giblet sauce

Slow cooked Australian beef prime rib with mustards and peppercorn sauce

Roasted lamb leg provencal

Live Stations

Mexico

Flour tortillas with mixed fillings and condiment

Australia

Choose your meat or seafood item and have it grilled to order, served with dips

Red wine sauce, peppercorn sauce, ketchup, chili sauce, seafood

Switzerland

Raclette on steamed potatoes with paprika and pickle

Italy

Risotto Station; Spinach risotto with seafood or wild mushroom risotto

Japanese

Shrimp and vegetable tempura with condiment ponsu, turnip, ginger

Thai Corner

Thai curry corner with variety of traditional curry and selection of noodle

Desserts

Spice chocolate gugelhupf

Cinnamon pumpkin pie

Christmas stollen

Assorted Yule log

Orange cream caramel

Mixed berries bagatelle

Raspberry and mascarpone pana cotta in short glass

Strawberry and Grand Marnier triffle

Linzer tart

Assorted Christmas cookies

Old fashion blueberry pie

Bananas panatone bread butter pudding

Christmas pudding with brandy sauce

Crepe with condiments and orange sauce

Ice cream with condiments

Live Station

Freshly made Belgian waffle with ice-cream and condiments

Pass around

Spice pumpkin soup with baby shrimp

Fresh oyster with tomatoes gazpacho

Christmas dinners boycot meatless eaters? sad.gif

What?! I had a great vegetarian xmas dinner at the Olde Bell last year and I've just seen, thanks to Dave2, that the Un Irish also has a vegetarian option. There's plenty of veggie friendly options. Unless of course your post was just trying to insight a festive vegetarian riot.

We'll certainly be offering a vegetarian option at The Olde Bell, as we always do. If you are a veggie, it's best to come in and talk to us, as there are several options. The 'ear;y bird' offer ended at the end of November, but if you have a

Gold Card (or sign up for one) we'll give you 10% off making 625 baht. For Christmas Day in the daytime we only have about 14 tickets left, but as yet, there's plenty of availablity in the evening or on Chrristmas Eve.

What is the Dukes doing?

Surprised the Dukes aren't on here already. The Old Bell does look aroi! Are they still doing their early bird discount?

I spoke to David at Dukes tonight during the Royal British Legion 200 Club draw and he suggested that he would post his Christmas menu on TV shortly. I ate a Christmas Dinner tonight at Dukes and as usual the food was excellent -

what struck me though, was the vast difference between an American Christmas Dinner and a British or Australian one! Apart from the Turkey and mashed potato, every ingredient was different!

Great evening though. David is a great host and looks after his customers well.

The wonderful" Well" at The Garden Restaurant is doing Christmas Eve and Christmas day - two sittings;

11:30 to 16:00 and 17:00 to 20:00

390 Baht

490 with Glass of red or white

This is the Garden Restaurant across from the Inter Inn, not far from Thapae Road (there are about 3 places with that name). I recommended it in Thai Visa for Thanksgiving and a bunch of people who went came by my shop and thanked me afterwards. It is a very pleasant garden atmosphere, good food and nice people who run it. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

The wonderful" Well" at The Garden Restaurant is doing Christmas Eve and Christmas day - two sittings;

390 Baht

This is the Garden Restaurant across from the Inter Inn, not far from Thapae Road (there are about 3 places with that name). I recommended it in Thai Visa for Thanksgiving and a bunch of people who went came by my shop and thanked me afterwards. It is a very pleasant garden atmosphere, good food and nice people who run it. :)

There is also a Garden restaurant in the Loi Kroh road, owned by an English guy. A bit basic but they do serve nice grub at reasonable prices, Thai and European dishes. I would certainly recommend a visit.

I was not aware that the dukes serve a Christmas dinner? Could not find any information on their website.

It`s a shame that they don`t publish their Christmas menu packages in good time before Christmas, rather than just having to find out via word of mouth.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Check out the menu at Le Meridien.

Christmas Brunch Buffet

25 December 2011

Latest Recipe

THB 850net per person

Cold Buffet

Freshly shacked oysters with condiments

Ham rolls with soft boursin cream cheese

Variety cheese platter with condiment

Sushi & sashimi with wasabi, pickles ginger and soy sauce

Vietnamese spring roll

Poached prawn on pineapple tree with sauce and condiments

Balmain bugs marinated in lemon vinaigrette on rocket leaves

Poached salmon in white wine with soft egg and salmon caviar

Air dried meats with pickles and vegetables antipasto's

Carving of graved lax and beetroot smoked salmon

Served on wooden trolley on the table

8 different mixed Salads from around the world

With our home made dressing

Soup Station

Tom yum goong

Pumpkin soup with crabmeat and roasted almond

Hot Dishes

Beef stew braised in red wine with bacon bits and croutons, mash potato

Slow cooked duck breast glazed with orange and honey, lentil stew

Chicken breast grilled with Cajun seasoning and vegetable rice

Wok fried crystal prawn

Chinese fried rice with BBQ pork

Pork saltimbocca with marsala sauce

Vegetable lasagna

Butter chicken with Naan bread

And condiment plain yoghurt, mango chutney

Carving Stations

Honey glaze virginia ham with grilled pine apple and apple sauce

Roasted turkey with tradition stuffing and giblet sauce

Slow cooked Australian beef prime rib with mustards and peppercorn sauce

Roasted lamb leg provencal

Live Stations

Mexico

Flour tortillas with mixed fillings and condiment

Australia

Choose your meat or seafood item and have it grilled to order, served with dips

Red wine sauce, peppercorn sauce, ketchup, chili sauce, seafood

Switzerland

Raclette on steamed potatoes with paprika and pickle

Italy

Risotto Station; Spinach risotto with seafood or wild mushroom risotto

Japanese

Shrimp and vegetable tempura with condiment ponsu, turnip, ginger

Thai Corner

Thai curry corner with variety of traditional curry and selection of noodle

Desserts

Spice chocolate gugelhupf

Cinnamon pumpkin pie

Christmas stollen

Assorted Yule log

Orange cream caramel

Mixed berries bagatelle

Raspberry and mascarpone pana cotta in short glass

Strawberry and Grand Marnier triffle

Linzer tart

Assorted Christmas cookies

Old fashion blueberry pie

Bananas panatone bread butter pudding

Christmas pudding with brandy sauce

Crepe with condiments and orange sauce

Ice cream with condiments

Live Station

Freshly made Belgian waffle with ice-cream and condiments

Pass around

Spice pumpkin soup with baby shrimp

Fresh oyster with tomatoes gazpacho

WOW, i wonder what's for the main course then???

<br />
<br />Check out the menu at Le Meridien.<br /><br />Christmas Brunch Buffet<br />25 December 2011<br />Latest Recipe<br />THB 850net per person<br />_____________________________________________________________________________<br /><div align="center">Cold Buffet<br />Freshly shacked oysters with condiments<br />Ham rolls with soft boursin cream cheese<br />Variety cheese platter with condiment<br />Sushi & sashimi with wasabi, pickles ginger and soy sauce<br />Vietnamese spring roll<br />Poached prawn on pineapple tree with sauce and condiments<br />Balmain bugs marinated in lemon vinaigrette on rocket leaves<br />Poached salmon in white wine with soft egg and salmon caviar<br />Air dried meats with pickles and vegetables antipasto's<br />Carving of graved lax and beetroot smoked salmon<br />Served on wooden trolley on the table<br />8 different mixed Salads from around the world<br />With our home made dressing<br />Soup Station<br />Tom yum goong<br />Pumpkin soup with crabmeat and roasted almond<br />Hot Dishes<br />Beef stew braised in red wine with bacon bits and croutons, mash potato<br />Slow cooked duck breast glazed with orange and honey, lentil stew<br />Chicken breast grilled with Cajun seasoning and vegetable rice<br />Wok fried crystal prawn<br />Chinese fried rice with BBQ pork<br />Pork saltimbocca with marsala sauce<br />Vegetable lasagna<br />Butter chicken with Naan bread<br />And condiment plain yoghurt, mango chutney<br />Carving Stations<br />Honey glaze virginia ham with grilled pine apple and apple sauce<br />Roasted turkey with tradition stuffing and giblet sauce<br />Slow cooked Australian beef prime rib with mustards and peppercorn sauce<br />Roasted lamb leg provencal<br />Live Stations<br />Mexico<br />Flour tortillas with mixed fillings and condiment<br />Australia<br />Choose your meat or seafood item and have it grilled to order, served with dips<br />Red wine sauce, peppercorn sauce, ketchup, chili sauce, seafood<br />Switzerland<br />Raclette on steamed potatoes with paprika and pickle<br />Italy<br />Risotto Station; Spinach risotto with seafood or wild mushroom risotto<br />Japanese<br />Shrimp and vegetable tempura with condiment ponsu, turnip, ginger<br />Thai Corner<br />Thai curry corner with variety of traditional curry and selection of noodle<br />Desserts<br />Spice chocolate gugelhupf<br />Cinnamon pumpkin pie<br />Christmas stollen<br />Assorted Yule log<br />Orange cream caramel<br />Mixed berries bagatelle<br />Raspberry and mascarpone pana cotta in short glass<br />Strawberry and Grand Marnier triffle<br />Linzer tart<br />Assorted Christmas cookies<br />Old fashion blueberry pie<br />Bananas panatone bread butter pudding<br />Christmas pudding with brandy sauce<br />Crepe with condiments and orange sauce<br />Ice cream with condiments<br />Live Station<br />Freshly made Belgian waffle with ice-cream and condiments<br />Pass around<br />Spice pumpkin soup with baby shrimp<br />Fresh oyster with tomatoes gazpacho<br /> </div><br />
<br /><br />WOW, i wonder what's for the main course then???<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Ya they have stuff I never heard of. All the way from Freshly shacked oysters with condiments to Belgian waffles. So many items it would be a hard job just to try them all. But I will give it my best shoot.

What amazed me was the price. Seems low for that much food and in a classy place.

390 Baht

There is also a Garden restaurant in the Loi Kroh road, owned by an English guy. A bit basic but they do serve nice grub at reasonable prices, Thai and European dishes. I would certainly recommend a visit.

I was not aware that the dukes serve a Christmas dinner? Could not find any information on their website.

It`s a shame that they don`t publish their Christmas menu packages in good time before Christmas, rather than just having to find out via word of mouth.

David suggested that Christmas Day is small beer compared with Thanksgiving, but I'm sure he'll post something up here soon.

Tim's got a nice place on Ratchadamnoen a few doors down from the Writers Club. As it sa Sunday, you'll be a ble to enjoy the walking street market before dinner.

The options are bullding up! We still think we've got an attractive package!!

<br />
<br />Check out the menu at Le Meridien.<br /><br />Christmas Brunch Buffet<br />25 December 2011<br />Latest Recipe<br />THB 850net per person<br />_____________________________________________________________________________<br /><div align="center">Cold Buffet<br />Freshly shacked oysters with condiments<br />Ham rolls with soft boursin cream cheese<br />Variety cheese platter with condiment<br />Sushi & sashimi with wasabi, pickles ginger and soy sauce<br />Vietnamese spring roll<br />Poached prawn on pineapple tree with sauce and condiments<br />Balmain bugs marinated in lemon vinaigrette on rocket leaves<br />Poached salmon in white wine with soft egg and salmon caviar<br />Air dried meats with pickles and vegetables antipasto's<br />Carving of graved lax and beetroot smoked salmon<br />Served on wooden trolley on the table<br />8 different mixed Salads from around the world<br />With our home made dressing<br />Soup Station<br />Tom yum goong<br />Pumpkin soup with crabmeat and roasted almond<br />Hot Dishes<br />Beef stew braised in red wine with bacon bits and croutons, mash potato<br />Slow cooked duck breast glazed with orange and honey, lentil stew<br />Chicken breast grilled with Cajun seasoning and vegetable rice<br />Wok fried crystal prawn<br />Chinese fried rice with BBQ pork<br />Pork saltimbocca with marsala sauce<br />Vegetable lasagna<br />Butter chicken with Naan bread<br />And condiment plain yoghurt, mango chutney<br />Carving Stations<br />Honey glaze virginia ham with grilled pine apple and apple sauce<br />Roasted turkey with tradition stuffing and giblet sauce<br />Slow cooked Australian beef prime rib with mustards and peppercorn sauce<br />Roasted lamb leg provencal<br />Live Stations<br />Mexico<br />Flour tortillas with mixed fillings and condiment<br />Australia<br />Choose your meat or seafood item and have it grilled to order, served with dips<br />Red wine sauce, peppercorn sauce, ketchup, chili sauce, seafood<br />Switzerland<br />Raclette on steamed potatoes with paprika and pickle<br />Italy<br />Risotto Station; Spinach risotto with seafood or wild mushroom risotto<br />Japanese<br />Shrimp and vegetable tempura with condiment ponsu, turnip, ginger<br />Thai Corner<br />Thai curry corner with variety of traditional curry and selection of noodle<br />Desserts<br />Spice chocolate gugelhupf<br />Cinnamon pumpkin pie<br />Christmas stollen<br />Assorted Yule log<br />Orange cream caramel<br />Mixed berries bagatelle<br />Raspberry and mascarpone pana cotta in short glass<br />Strawberry and Grand Marnier triffle<br />Linzer tart<br />Assorted Christmas cookies<br />Old fashion blueberry pie<br />Bananas panatone bread butter pudding<br />Christmas pudding with brandy sauce<br />Crepe with condiments and orange sauce<br />Ice cream with condiments<br />Live Station<br />Freshly made Belgian waffle with ice-cream and condiments<br />Pass around<br />Spice pumpkin soup with baby shrimp<br />Fresh oyster with tomatoes gazpacho<br /> </div><br />
<br /><br />WOW, i wonder what's for the main course then???<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Ya they have stuff I never heard of. All the way from Freshly shacked oysters with condiments to Belgian waffles. So many items it would be a hard job just to try them all. But I will give it my best shoot.

What amazed me was the price. Seems low for that much food and in a classy place.

I often attend the regular Sunday brunch at the Le Meridien Chiang Rai and can assure you you will not be disappointed.

People who would like to combine Christmas with a few days away should consider Don's Cafe's Christmas dinner near Chiang Rai.

Edited by sceadugenga

Many of the luxury hotels are doing Christmas buffet Dinner and Christmas Lunch at various prices for Christmas eve, and Christmas Day. I have found what seems to be the best deal is the Shangri-La Hotel on Christmas Day at Dinner hour--599 Baht per person plus tax and service totalling 706 baht. It is exactly the same meal as at lunch which they are advertising 1400 baht. The meal has all kinds of salads, seafood, cheese etc, plus turkey and Christmas type goodies. I am convinced that this is about the best deal in CM for reasonable quality food, ambience and service.

The UN Irish Pub are doing a Christmas Dinner.

Bookings available for 6:30pm & 9:00pm sittings

Entre: Selection of breads Cream of asparagus soup or Potato & leek soup

Main: Roast turkey & stuffing, Honey glazed ham, Roast potatoes, Fresh winter vegetables, Vegetarian Christmas roll, Cranberry sauce & gravy

Dessert:Christmas pudding with brandy sauce. Home made mince pies. Fresh fruit platter

Live music: Irish country from 9:30pm with Mac & Mel

Cost: Adults - 650 baht per person

Children under 12 - 300 baht

Advance bookings are essential!

Edited by uptheos