Sending Money To Issan

tonika

Can anyone suggest how I get the best rate of exchange, when sending money to Issan ?. I need to send B 1,500,000 to my wife, ( I'll be changing Sterling) by the beginning of December, to conclude a house purchase. Obliviously, it will depend on the rate of Sterling to the Baht. But, is there a better method, than just transferring money from your bank in the UK , to a bank in Issan?.

But, is there a better method, than just transferring money from your bank in the UK , to a bank in Issan?.

Yes there is a better method than just transferring money from your bank in the UK, to a bank in Isaan,

Dont!

Hi, i dont know if this will help, what i do, i have an acc in Australia and i have a DEBIT card on that account, and the i sent the Debit card to my GF in thailand, and i can put money in that account and she justs goes to the bank or atm and withdraws the money, then its empty, so if it gets skimmed no harm, then i do the same when i need to and she takes it all out at the bank or atm and then its empty. Works great!!!

Cheers

Scoop1

Hi, i dont know if this will help, what i do, i have an acc in Australia and i have a DEBIT card on that account, and the i sent the Debit card to my GF in thailand, and i can put money in that account and she justs goes to the bank or atm and withdraws the money, then its empty, so if it gets skimmed no harm, then i do the same when i need to and she takes it all out at the bank or atm and then its empty. Works great!!!

Cheers

Scoop1

Op want to send 1.5 M, wont work with an atm card.

i live in issan and have trans.large amounts from the uk,3mil.2mil,through a curreny dealer[moneycorpe london] they will tell you exactlly what rate you get t.t and you tell them when you want it.first you or you wf must have a bank account in thailand,you will need to explain on the contract forms what its for,and you pay 10% deposit on ordering,there is no charge but you will pay a small amount here about 500bht.on the day of tranfer you or she will get a call to confirm it has arrived and they will ask what its for,i dont know if you are aware that thai gov.are clamping down on farangs suppling money for the buying of property so they might want to now where the money has come from.we had no problem my wife earned quite a substancial amount in the uk.good luck.

Probably good advice. But I've a lot to lose If I don't .

Thanks anyway

T

But, is there a better method, than just transferring money from your bank in the UK , to a bank in Issan?.

Yes there is a better method than just transferring money from your bank in the UK, to a bank in Isaan,

Dont!

Cheers

Scoop1

Stunning advice Scoop - only 75 days and the lady should have all the money out for the house. She may need to plan well in advance :D

75 x 150 Bt = only 11,250 Bt in Thai bank charges !

Thanks anyway

T

Well said tonika.

Up to you.

If you go slowly and cautiously one might get the impression you don't trust your wife. That is not a good foundation for a house in Isaan. Or anywhere else come to that.

Go with your instinct would be my advice.

Plenty of ways of moving money. I did it 3 years ago using my high street bank in the UK. May not be so easy now with the recession and Thai authorities tightening up on stuff.

Good luck.

Dont!

Stunning advice Scoop - only 75 days and the lady should have all the money out for the house. She may need to plan well in advance :D

If the card limit allows: 100'000 Baht per transaction at AEON, no 150 Baht charge.

Done with 80'000 on last saturday.

There are debit cards that are issued free of charge, no limit on how many cards you have.

If the card limit allows: 100'000 Baht per transaction at AEON, no 150 Baht charge.

Done with 80'000 on last saturday.

There are debit cards that are issued free of charge, no limit on how many cards you have.

Tell me how his wife/gf can do it at the bank with HIS card.

ATM only choice - it has limits.

i live in issan and have trans.large amounts from the uk,3mil.2mil,through a curreny dealer[moneycorpe london] they will tell you exactlly what rate you get t.t and you tell them when you want it.first you or you wf must have a bank account in thailand,you will need to explain on the contract forms what its for,and you pay 10% deposit on ordering,there is no charge but you will pay a small amount here about 500bht.on the day of tranfer you or she will get a call to confirm it has arrived and they will ask what its for,i dont know if you are aware that thai gov.are clamping down on farangs suppling money for the buying of property so they might want to now where the money has come from.we had no problem my wife earned quite a substancial amount in the uk.good luck.

When I tried MoneyCorp they needed all the money laudering docs sent....too much hassle I thought, is that still the case or can they do a transfer without certified dl/passport and utility bills?

Thanks anyway

T

Dont!

Different topic, same thread tonika. Check out my post 'Up to you'.

When I tried MoneyCorp they needed all the money laudering docs sent....too much hassle I thought, is that still the case or can they do a transfer without certified dl/passport and utility bills?

i sent money in oct.2008,may 2009,oct 2009,only had to fill in the contract forms after i had ordered on the phone,but make sure you say whats it for.i only trans money once a year from uk.[pensions] no hassle.i know they are getting strict on money laundering so me being an exsisting customer they have my details.