Seven Bangkok Districts At Risk Of Flooding

webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...and only <snip> thai usual shows and soaps all around the main TV channels.......:angry:

And two English language "news" channels, with one endlessly repeating business "features" and the other running a puppet show, alternating with a talent contest and tourist travelogues.

Did he buy you a raft ?

I have a nice swimming underwears, if you prefer. Yet no sunshine, but hey - this won't last too fast....Ha. Ha. :(

Im in Nonthaburi and we are dry still too (dont know how long with this raising water) and here we are dry thanks to the effort of me and the villagers.

I am very familiar with Nontaburee. Where are you located, exactly?

AFAIK, wild water has already flooded the market @the end of Sanam Bin Naam (till the very entrance of Wat Chompuwek, which is about 1km far away from the river)...:(

Next one is Tiwanon rd, the core line of Nontaburi...

I live 4km down the road of big king bangyai (on the same road) heading towards sai noi. I woke up this morning seeing that the water has reached the sand bags and parts of the village are getting flooded. Not a good sign. But as you say it cant be like this forever.

Alex, I was in that area on main road, although I think the flood is uneven, hits the people living around canal first.

<br>Klong Prapa right now (water leaks to left side of the picture - right to the houses nearby)

<br>...and there was the main road (also left side)...

post-132952-0-83400500-1319070229_thumb.

post-132952-0-74143900-1319070292_thumb.

Edited by alexakap

Nothing near the Mall Ngamwongwan yet, but loads of cars on the soi where I live, but someone said there is water down near Khae Lai.

Just drove there an hour ago.

Was dry as a bone (at that time).

Good news the.

Same with me, but I live on Pantip side. Still dry but lots of traffic on Ngam Wong Wan.

Live on Pantip side as well, saw many cars parked on the expressway near Soi 23.

<br />I wonder how the Bkk governor expects people to move their power plugs to higher ground.

I expect he means power bars/extensions.

If the water enters a socket that is it game over, it will short the whole place out, then a power extension is not gonna help one bit.

Saw the guys at my condo, but a wall around the emergency generator yesterday, height of about 1.25m.

<br />I wonder how the Bkk governor expects people to move their power plugs to higher ground.

If the water enters a socket that is it game over, it will short the whole place out, then a power extension is not gonna help one bit.

Saw the guys at my condo, but a wall around the emergency generator yesterday, height of about 1.25m.

I just shut down power downstairs, i still have power up. Just waiting for the water to enter. The water is rising its in the village now. I just hope i keep having power.

<br />
I wonder how the Bkk governor expects people to move their power plugs to higher ground.
If the water enters a socket that is it game over, it will short the whole place out, then a power extension is not gonna help one bit. Saw the guys at my condo, but a wall around the emergency generator yesterday, height of about 1.25m.

The wall sockets in my apartment are about 1.2m off the ground, so if others are in a similar situation, taking the power bars off the ground would help prevent electrocution in the event of a sudden rush of water while the occupant is trying to get to the circuit breaker.

I just shut down power downstairs, i still have power up. Just waiting for the water to enter. The water is rising its in the village now. I just hope i keep having power.

Put a light in the socket and shut off the circuit breakers for each lower floor socket, that should leave upper floors running, unless it rises up to the circuit breaker box... then it's game over.

Actually, last week my landlady brought someone in and cut the wires to the old sockets, which were a couple of inches off the floor, and rewired everything so that all the sockets are now more than a meter high on the wall. Amazing Thailand.

Well, that 3 am warning for Prachachuen last night was fun. Spent two and a half hours in the middle of the night carrying stuff upstairs, piling furniture on top of furniture, wrapping table legs in plastic and so on.

On the bright side, I guess now we are prepared if water does eventually get to our moobaan in the coming days.

What's your elevation? Anywhere near klongs?

As for me, Im right behind the Klong Rangsit (i.e. on Bkk side).

Yueah, yeah, I know - shit happens.... :(

We then had water come from the north and also crossing the road from bang Bua Thong.

BBT is very low land, AFAIK.

I have some pieces of land there, and those get flooded YEARLY, at this time. The waters coming up to my neck or something....Nothing special...

Too close to the river. The soils are also not strong - just a mud, especially when water comes...

Just have your place prepared, move as much upstairs and pack some bags to take in case you need to leave quickly.

As for me - I am NOT going anywhere, whatever going to happen.

I have no other place to go.

I'll stay.

If there will be water - I'll fight that to the end. My end or water's end - who cares... Sooner or later, all of this will end.

May I ask how much is the prime that gets flooded cost I will like to buy some land now

I have plans to visit Bangkok over the weekend, and most of my time will be spent around middle Sukhumvit. I really don't want to cancel of postpone my visit, but obviously I don't want to end up stuck in Bangkok until the potential deluge subsides.

Any predictions or insight on the floods causing problems at Suvarnabhumi or middle Sukhumvit?

:(

Apologies for posting this on another thread, but I'm hoping for some advice before I get on the plane tomorrow morning. :huh:

To get an idea how much water is north of Bangkok check this website: http://flood.longdo.com/en

That map shows a lot more flooding than other maps. Different maps seem to show different amounts of flooding.

Here's the full screen version of the government's flood website map that Pib provided the link to earlier in the thread: http://ictgis.totidc.net/viewer/

Here's a map linked from the Live News thread: crisislanding.appspot.com thailand_floods

Which map is the most up-to-date and reliable?

To get an idea how much water is north of Bangkok check this website: http://flood.longdo.com/en

That map shows a lot more flooding than other maps. Different maps seem to show different amounts of flooding.

Here's the full screen version of the government's flood website map that Pib provided the link to earlier in the thread: http://ictgis.totidc.net/viewer/

Here's a map linked from the Live News thread: crisislanding.appspot.com thailand_floods

A fair guess - the one with the most water.

A fair guess - the one with the most water.

The first one looks the scariest, so it's probably correct.

O.K I could really use some advice here. I'm very confused and my hours of research do not seem to be helping me. I live in Nonthaburi and we are dry and the sun is shining. I live off of Krungtep-Non rd. soi 3 between the 2 big C's (at Wong Sawang & Tiwanon) we are about 2 kilometers from the Nonthaburi pier (Thanam Non) my official address in Bang Khen.... so I assumed we were one of the seven districts under flood warning. But now today I see there are actually two "Bang Khen's" on the map. One much closer to Don Mueang. So the big question is .....Am I in the Bang Khen district under warning??? or not???? do you think I should be packing it up and getting the hell out of here or are we safe here for now. Not enough canned food left in the local markets here to make it and our fresh supply will only last so long... no canned goods @ 7-11 and can't trust that the local water re-fill station is going to keep working.

Last question is ....most of my work here is at Chattujak market... do people think it will go under water and if so how long will it be affected. Trying to decide if i should head for Chiang Mai.

Thank you to anyone who helps me right now... I'm feeling in serious flux. :.0

O.K I could really use some advice here. I'm very confused and my hours of research do not seem to be helping me. I live in Nonthaburi and we are dry and the sun is shining. I live off of Krungtep-Non rd. soi 3 between the 2 big C's (at Wong Sawang & Tiwanon) we are about 2 kilometers from the Nonthaburi pier (Thanam Non) my official address in Bang Khen.... so I assumed we were one of the seven districts under flood warning.

I wouldn't worry too much yet. The flooding is at the canals along Prachachuen/Chaeng Wattana according to the map. I have an idea of where you are at (have passed through that area before) and you're not in any immediate danger. It's still very minor because allowing the area past Don Muang to totally flood would shut down the tollway and several major roads.