3 Days 2 Nights Chiang Rai

sunnyhor

Any suggestions? Will wanna drive from CM to CR for a 3 days 2 nights relax tour. Will skip Golden Triangle as been there twice and don't know much what to do in CRai.

Intentions of visiting is for food, photography and night walking market ( street )

Anybody can suggest a good itinerary, 2 adults 2 kids. Any good resort range between 1200 Bht- 1500 Bht per night? Many thanks for reading this! Any suggestions appreciate!

I usually stay at Laluna, the rooms and grounds are nice but the breakfast is average... skip it and eat in town. You should check out the white temple Wat Rong Khun and the black temple made by Thawan Duchanee, both are great for shooting photos.

You would have gotten more responses in the Chiang Rai Forum.

Walking Street Market in Chiang Rai is only on Saturday evening/nites.

The Night Bizzare shopping and Plaza is open nightly from about 6 or 7pm (closes during rain).

See the White Temple south of city about 15 kilometers, and the Black Temple about 15 Kilo's north of the city just north of CRU university. Signs for the turn are only in Thai. About 2 Kilometers north of the CRU traffic light to the West (left if traveling North).

Just West of the Village town of Bandoo (about 8 Kilo's north of Chiang Rai) there is a nice Hot mineral spa with private rooms, an outside pool, and a large indoor room for family etc. Nice to relax and have a massage before or after the hot Mineral water spa. About 100 baht for 2 persons.

Take a drive out to the Elephant Camp on the north side of the Mae Kock River.

Akha Hill good for trecking or motorcycles on the South side of the Mae Kock river.

Waterfalls to hike to and swim in.

Try Pimanninn Hotel at pimanninn.com

Locate about 1 1/2 - 2 kilometers from the main city center.

Clost to the Old Airport and Laluna (which is a bit pricey). Pimanninn Hotel is nearly as nice with a pool and nice rooms and exercise room etc.

About 800 baht for very nice rooms.

Also a little coser in to the city center is the Diamond Park Hotel. the newer Diamond Park is much nicer than the older one. About 1,000 THB +

There is also the Red Rose Theme Room Style Hotel. Search Red Rose Chiang Rai.

Also Close to the Old Airport

Have Cartoon and Fairyland rooms, Spaceship, Cars, Star Wars, Jungle Rooms.

Can be quite fun and different for Adults and also for Children to enjoy the rooms with Themes. From about 500 + + + depending on room style sand amenaties. have Sauna and jaquizzi Rooms also.

Have a good Holiday.

Edited by KimoMax

Oh my bad, I post in wrong Forum.

And thank you very much for this valuable rec. I will shift to CR forum now, thanks again!

You would have gotten more responses in the Chiang Rai Forum.

Walking Street Market in Chiang Rai is only on Saturday evening/nites.

The Night Bizzare shopping and Plaza is open nightly from about 6 or 7pm (closes during rain).

See the White Temple south of city about 15 kilometers, and the Black Temple about 15 Kilo's north of the city just north of CRU university. Signs for the turn are only in Thai. About 2 Kilometers north of the CRU traffic light to the West (left if traveling North).

Just West of the Village town of Bandoo (about 8 Kilo's north of Chiang Rai) there is a nice Hot mineral spa with private rooms, an outside pool, and a large indoor room for family etc. Nice to relax and have a massage before or after the hot Mineral water spa. About 100 baht for 2 persons.

Take a drive out to the Elephant Camp on the north side of the Mae Kock River.

Akha Hill good for trecking or motorcycles on the South side of the Mae Kock river.

Waterfalls to hike to and swim in.

Try Pimanninn Hotel at pimanninn.com

Locate about 1 1/2 - 2 kilometers from the main city center.

Clost to the Old Airport and Laluna (which is a bit pricey). Pimanninn Hotel is nearly as nice with a pool and nice rooms and exercise room etc.

About 800 baht for very nice rooms.

Also a little coser in to the city center is the Diamond Park Hotel. the newer Diamond Park is much nicer than the older one. About 1,000 THB +

There is also the Red Rose Theme Room Style Hotel. Search Red Rose Chiang Rai.

Also Close to the Old Airport

Have Cartoon and Fairyland rooms, Spaceship, Cars, Star Wars, Jungle Rooms.

Can be quite fun and different for Adults and also for Children to enjoy the rooms with Themes. From about 500 + + + depending on room style sand amenaties. have Sauna and jaquizzi Rooms also.

Have a good Holiday.

Staying at the LaLuna Chiang rai is a good choice. We stayed there last month for a few days..............dont skip breakfast....its very very good and was included in the price, farang and thai choices. Lovely pool on site, again very nice good for kids too. 3 days in Chiang Rai does not give you much scope to travel too far. Try a trip up to Mae Sai on the Mynamar border ...about 45 minutes from C Rai and take in the markets.

Thanks mate, Laluna is a good choice. I just read some review after your recommend. Good rate and good pool.

Staying at the LaLuna Chiang rai is a good choice. We stayed there last month for a few days..............dont skip breakfast....its very very good and was included in the price, farang and thai choices. Lovely pool on site, again very nice good for kids too. 3 days in Chiang Rai does not give you much scope to travel too far. Try a trip up to Mae Sai on the Mynamar border ...about 45 minutes from C Rai and take in the markets.

When driving to CR I like to take a longer route, rather than go straight there. e.g first day - go across to Phayao and have lunch at the lake before heading up to Chiang Rai. The drive from Wiang Nua to Phayao has some great scenery and Phayao is a tranquil place with not many tourists.

Coming back, go via the Mae Fah Luang gardens (best earlier in the day) and/or Doi Tung, then stop at Doi Mae Salong (Chinese tea growing hilltop village with interesting history). Again stunning scenery! Return to Chiang Mai via Thaton (nice to stop by the river) Fang and Chiang Dao.

In CR I always like to eat at the Night Bazaar food area. They must have forty plus stalls so great selection and a nice atmosphere. Nowhere near as commercial as CM NBZ, with many Thai customers, though the live entertainment is a bit tacky.

Just west of the city is a beach like area on the south bank of the river with lots of wooden food shacks. Good place to go and enjoy a late afternoon beer and snack.

I live in Chiang Mai, but I went to Chiang Rai a few weeks back and really enjoyed myself.

It's much cheaper and maybe not as posh as you're wanting, but I really want to recommend a guesthouse called Chian House. It's right in town, they have GREAT Western and Thai food for under 60 baht a plate. The bungalow was only 400 a night, with A/C, and it was huge. The best part: this place has a pool and it was relatively empty this time of year. They also still just allow you to keep a running tab of the beer and food you consume during your stay, to just pay at the end. I would highly recommend this place for a family, as well.

As far as things to do, the Black Temple was REALLY cool. It actually might have scared me a little bit as a child, but I was a huge pansy. unsure.gif The Saturday walking market was great. I scored some great finds.