Cheap Laundry Near Sukhumvit

jake2477

I go to Thailand every year and when I stay in Bkk on Sukhumvit I always seem to spend about 5000 Baht/week on laundry. Hotel Laundry is ridiculous and the other places near the hotels seem to be high priced as well. When I go to Phuket I find places that do laundry by weight and it's VERY cheap but can't find any places like this in the Sukhumvit area. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks,

Jake

I would just look down almost any soi off Sukhumvit. many small shops (regardless of their primary buisness, e.g., a hair salon) takes in laundry, and farms it out, and there is usually at least one on-the-premises laundry. Just look for a washing machine, usually they are near the front in case they over-flow, or for clothes hanging and drying (yes, they have dryers too.) Underneath many apartment buldings, the open, accessible ground or first floor, they will have a room with a coin-operated washing machine and dryer. Near my apartment there is a small building with three washing machines (20/30/40 baht, different sizes), one dryer (10 baht for 15 min.) and a water filtering/dispensing machine (7 baht for 5L).

Great little laundry on Soi 19?? (the one with Robinsons at the end of it, and Country Road bar.) about 100 metres in on the left side. Just after the entrance to the Robinsons car park.

They are behind a little travel agent there and cheap as chips but VERY VERY good and quick. Nice girl works in there too.

Great little laundry on Soi 19?? (the one with Robinsons at the end of it, and Country Road bar.) about 100 metres in on the left side. Just after the entrance to the Robinsons car park.

They are behind a little travel agent there and cheap as chips but VERY VERY good and quick. Nice girl works in there too.

Soi 31 the first alley on the left from Sukhumvit behind the Italian restaurant.All the way in the back on the left side.You will see the commercial dryers,I have been using them for years.

The one on soi 23- just past the Cowboy- offers great service. She does a one-day turn around and/or delivery via motocy, too.

Another one on soi 24/1 seems to be good. There's a whole lot of massage shops nearby that one- just in case you want to wait out the cycles...